» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

The future of AEoD (split)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: The future of AEoD (split)   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

This is actually inspiring me to make an entire joke wad with the HTC2 enemies that can still be bundled up nicely with this series.

More clown weapons? Yes sir! Including the weapons that didn't make it in like the clown grenade and crazy balls!

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 am

Well, I thought of another idea: The Eyelander.

Basically, it would keep the concept of a longsword that would gib enemies for a 15 HP boost up to the max of 500. The sword would also come with the Chargin' Targe, allowing you to move about 100 meters faster than most projectiles. It would have a massive damage fork, from 43 to the TF2 crit of 195 and have quite a reach, akin to the real Eyelander. What's more on the Targe, it would stack with the Stone of Quickening, giving you so much speed that you'd move at the same speed as a Concussion RL rocket.

The downsides would be noticeable: enemies would not drop ANY powerups, and I mean ANY at all: no ammo, no weapons, no soul energy, nothing. Just give you the 15 health. Plus, the sword would be extremely rare, having a 20% chance of dropping from a Demoman, and a 2% chance of appearing in a chainsaw pickup.

Also, as an optional idea: It would instantly kill the Demoman. However the Demoman would pull out the Ullapool Caber if you're within 10 meters from him with the Sword out. Dunno if this is possible to make, but I find it an interesting possibility none-the-less.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am

Colossus: Easier said than done, in terms of item dropping.

You want HP regen on melee kills? That's the vorpal blade's job. It's in fact a combination of the eyelander and Quick Fix, minus the negatives of health reduction.

Chargin' Targe, however, sound like fun...

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

The vorpal blade gives you health? Shocked

Though, to be fair, I havent come across it in a very long time. Seems like every time I meet Nagi[?] she doesnt have it with her Neutral

Also, I dont really comprehend the limits of the Doom engine and how far it can be manipulated and the like, know very little about that stuff mind you, so please bear with me on my ideas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:08 am

A black hole gun. That sucks stuff.

To hell.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 am

Well here's another idea, hopefully this won't be too difficulty or redundant; My idea on adding the TF2 Medic in to the game.

Basically he would mainly just shoot his Syringe Gun at you + try to melee with you his Bonesaw. But with these he'd have some traits that make him a Medic. These are:

1. Self-health regeneration. Don't know if this is possible at all, but he'd regenerate health about 2 - 5 points every other second.

2. Ally health regen. If he's within, say 10 meters of another enemy, his health would also regenerate at the same pace as the Medic's self-heal. This would be however focused on a single target, so a Medic in a mob wouldnt heal the whole mob, just one individual. Spiderdemons and Cyberdemons would be excluded from this, but the decision of such is left to you. Again, dont know if this is plausible or not.

3. Short term invulnerability and faster regeneration. Once his health is below a certain point, say 25%, he'd be able to temporarily make the strongest monster health-wise inside a 15 meter radius of him invulnerable for four seconds. During this his health regeneration would increase to 5 - 12 points every two seconds. However, the monster that's invulnerable would not regenerate health, and wouldn't regenerate for another four seconds after the invulnerability wears off.

That's my idea. Seems lots o' work, dont it? Well, my visions are just that sadly.

Of course if you get tired of me launching such hard to do ideas such as this and the Eyelander, just say so, and Ill stop. Just saying, I have great visions in my mind. Smile

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:14 am

Does tiny stuff go in this split topic too?

Purple Ammo Power, giving a random weak machinegun. To be dropped from chaingunners exactly like Green Ammo Power is dropped from shotgunners.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I have my plans for the Medic, the question is, what will the future of AEoD hold out to have for the TF2 characters...

For one, the medic's gonna have the amputator taunt, so you'll most likely want to charm him -- and I'm going to ensure he's charmable.

• Chance to temp-charm: 100%
  • Temporary charm duration: 30 seconds
  • Decay: 5 seconds per re-application of charm
  • Becomes immune to charm after 7 times.
  • May be able to charm other enemies with supreme easy you would normally not be able to, from Zombieman to Archvile -- all of them. He can do so in one shot too.
  • When he's an enemy, be wary... While he is not much of a threat at all with meleeing or his puny syringe gun, he can decharm your minions. If you're going to kill him, try to get him alone instead of with allies, unless you have another ally medic. He will be immune to decharming, and in fact, attempt to block evil medics' vilify ability.

• Chance to perm-charm: 20% (100% if done by dice)
  • Can resurrect through Amputator taunt music

• Shared abilities: Healing, will sacrifice himself to bring you back to life if he's charmed, kritzkrieg power (triples your damage dealt and it can stack with fire symbol).

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Must say Cooke, that totally beats my idea of the Medic. Twisted Evil

Hopefully the AEoD in the far off future will include the TF2 characters, better than ever. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of AEoD (split)   

Back to top Go down

The future of AEoD (split)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1