» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Request] Default Monsters Option

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
josko_91
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

Hi,

I was thinking if it would be possible to add an option or an addon that has the default monsters only, no new monsters and the default monsters won't be randomized.

Everything else, including the loot the monsters drop can be randomized.

So it would pretty much be all the new awesome weapons and spells with default doom monsters. I kinda miss them when I play Aeons of death! Would be awesome and interesting to use the new weapons and spells on the default monsters. Just think slaughter maps like Hell revealed 2!

I just hope this isn't too hard to make!
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Does Doom theme not suit you? It already has very little variation monster-wise but with weapon variation.
Back to top Go down
josko_91
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm

No, it does not I'm afraid! Even though it's nice, it's not what I want. It's not completely with default monsters and the monsters are still randomized.

It does not spawn all the weapons when in Doom Theme, which is not what I had in mind.

I want default monsters only that are not randomized and all the weapons in the mod including the default weapons and other pickups which will be randomized. The default monsters can drop randomized loot ofcourse.

That's what I want, and for me, it's a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm against this idea for a few big reasons.

• It would severely imbalance the game while in the gametype.
  • It would be too easy to acquire some of the big weapons.
  • Arsernal tried that and I found it to become boring very quickly only after a few playthroughs with it.
  • It spoils the fun of playing with select few weapons and wishing for the others so you can decide to replay the game with a different theme.
  • It would cause many of the other themes to be ignored in favor for all of the above reasons, give or take on how the player feels.

Ultimately, I'm leaving this up to DBThanatos to decide. If he wants this idea in, then I'll implement it and leave it to him to balance. If he doesn't, I absolutely will not do so.

Before I start getting suggestive posts about L4D theme having all weapons, bear in mind it uses a completely different system for monsters, and a good 3/4's of the weapons available are capable of tackling hordes. There's so many specifications made to ensure it fits properly, that I simply cannot describe them all. Also, it only has classic weaponry, not joke mode weapons.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 am

josko_91 wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking if it would be possible to add an option or an addon that has the default monsters only, no new monsters and the default monsters won't be randomized.

So, you play a monster randomizer mod and expect it not to have random monsters? Suspect
Back to top Go down
josko_91
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:
josko_91 wrote:
Hi,

So, you play a monster randomizer mod and expect it not to have random monsters? Suspect

No, I knew that. It was only after I had played that I wanted to try all the new weapons and stuff on default monsters.

I think it's worth to just make it a Special Mode like left 4 dead or Portal Gun mode, that spawns only default monsters that is not randomized for people like me who wanna play vanilla doom with all these awesome weapons and all other modifications that Aeod comes with. Then everyone is happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Like I already said, those were set up with special conditions in mind. If you don't play L4D mode properly, you will become overwhelmed by a tide of infected.

Plus, we'd have to make ANOTHER set of specialized DooM monsters that would have to take into account everything the player has in order to scale the difficulty against them in order to make it balanced.

That, my friend, is way too much work... It may "seem" simple, but trust me, it's not.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
josko_91
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:22 am

Alright.

Thanks

[Edit]

I got it all solved now. I opened the files with Slade and managed to replace the custom monsters in MonDoom.Aed.

I replaced each custom monster with the normal counterpart, for example, replaced the Plasma Zombieman with the code of FZombieMan so when the game would want to spawn an custom monster it would be a FZombieMan instead. So now it's all '' default monsters '' Well, except for FZombieMan which is a custom ZombieMan monster which I do like!

I also managed to add all the weapons I wanted to be able to spawn when playing Doom theme mode.

A little question to Major Cooke. I noticed when digging in AEoDdat.pk3 with slade in the file SpwnWeap.AED, not all weapons are listed to be able to be randomly spawned. I found weapons like GluonGun from half life and Heavy Rocket launcher that dosn't seem to be used. Really liked the GluonGun though when I summoned it, it was awesome! But maybe a little bit overpowered Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Default Monsters Option   Today at 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down

[Request] Default Monsters Option
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1