» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which format to follow?
Talk-through
100%
 100% [ 2 ]
Playthrough
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 am

So here we go, lets start the playtrough with the mapset that Mr.Kosta suggested:

Brotherhood of ruin. Hope you enjoy it

Here's the entire playlist! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLoqzEhSziETV_75Vbg6jLPukiLY5xvIpD

--------------------Orignal post------------------------
Well, Im feeling like recording a play/talkthrough* of AEoD L4D mode. However, I want to play some interesting maps.

Im looking for detailed maps, not very open. Preferably, not too many maps. And especially, I want them to be dark and moody.

Any suggestions?

*what do you guys think would work better? talk or regular playthrough?

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Last edited by DBThanatos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:19 am

Talk through. I want to hear your reactions. Very Happy

As for map sets, I can't really think of anything small and moody at the moment... If you can't manage to find something of your preference though, I'd suggest Combat Shock.

Combat Shock 1 has 4 levels, but they're quite large and loaded with baddies.

Combat Shock 2 has 7 levels that are smaller, and don't have as many enemies around. Maps 3, 5, and 6 are instant death endings though, so if you find yourself on the verge of dying and are near the exit, get to it to ensure it's not in vain.

Oh, and play on Monster Mayhem mode! Zombies have 2/3 their normal health if you may recall, but they tend to swarm more often. Map spawned zombie makers give 1/8 chance to spawn a pile of goodies too. Razz

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Well, the thing is I really dont want big open levels. D:

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 pm

I know what you mean. That's why I recommend Combat Shock 2, because they're not super gargantuan big, they're much more spread out and linear than Combat Shock 1.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 am

You could try Brotherhood of Ruin. Not too many open spaces? Check. Few maps? Just 7. Check. Dark & moody? Check again.
Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Chillax might offer you a gruesome, necrotic orgy of death.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 am

Ribo Zurai wrote:
Chillax might offer you a gruesome, necrotic orgy of death.

And lots of lag =/
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Brotherhood of ruin?

Holy damn!! that looks fantastic. So much that I dont want to screw it up with a talkthrough! I think I will use that one for a "super doom3 take 2" (I always hated the title) with some creepy ass music Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Well, I've been playing l4d mode in Brotherhood of ruin, and I've been having a blast taking screenshots:

Spoiler:

Me upon picking this up: Groovy!

Spoiler:

It seems Christmas came early this year!

Spoiler:

Smoker, a split second before his untimely demise. He will (not) be missed.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:

Spoiler:

Smoker, a split second before his untimely demise. He will (not) be missed.

Hahaha! That's a good one! Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:33 pm

So here we go, lets start the playtrough with the mapset that Mr.Kosta suggested:

Brotherhood of ruin. Hope you enjoy it

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 pm

You made a wise choice, my friend

EDIT: The Apocalypse in the 1st map? You gotta be kidding xD
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm

You don't get too many weapons when you get an apocalypse on the first map. You're just LUCKY.  Twisted Evil

But alas, I shall take into consideration your thoughts on the abundance of ammo/health/weapons. Perhaps we could have it focus on one of the three when piling down instead of all three at once... Three exceptions though: Tanks, witches, and hordes.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 am

Major Cooke wrote:

But alas, I shall take into consideration your thoughts on the abundance of ammo/health/weapons. Perhaps we could have it focus on one of the three when piling down instead of all three at once... Three exceptions though: Tanks, witches, and hordes.

Good idea. That'll make the L4D mode a real challenge =)
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah. I did think i was too lucky to get that weapon right away! XD

Map02!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:40 pm

I also noticed that the painkiller is much more effective in the game itself than in AEoD... I think I'm going to make it more effective as well. For one, it's capable of blading any number of enemies within range instead of having to look directly at them, in the main game.

Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Very much in agreement.  In fact I'm amazed that the Painkiller was able to be implemented in its current state at all.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah. I agree it should be somewhat stronger. Feels... very unpainkiller-esque

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 am

And here we go!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I discovered the mixed fire of the Electrodriver while messing around with it in the beta testing for v6. It is much more effective in classic mode.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Hahah. True. I couldnt for the life of me, make a good display there XD

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Episode 4!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:02 am

That weapon you got at 9:50? I said exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 am

Weird, so did I. Razz

DBT, I really love your commentary.  It's pretty funny at times.   Heck, the lack of funny commentary during times when there really should be is also pretty funny,  like the time when you're standing on top of some zombies and nobody really cares or says anything about it, is just hilarious. 

Lovin' it.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm

hahaha. Awkwardness in the lack commentary works sometimes Razz

Wanna see my minions take down a witch? Map 05, coming next!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)   Today at 4:53 am

Back to top Go down

AEoD L4D: Brotherhood of Ruin (Talkthrough finished)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next