» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Ammo problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luktom100
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Ammo problem.   Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi there Very Happy

You know, AEOD is one of the best mods for DOOM out there, but it has one major flaw, which is quite annoying and spoils the fun, and the whole idea of randomized weapons, im talking here about the AMMO SUPPLIES. I mean really, it should have been thought in some kind of other way, i always end up in a situation, where im using some devastating weapon on minor enemy, or where im using melee weapons on Cyberdemons, or also in a situation, where i have to use melee weapons/pistol through half of the episode, becouse im constantly finding some exotic weapons, with small amounts of ammo supply for them Sad

I mean i dont know if you see this as a problem, or maybe you never enounter that. but wouldnt it been better if the whole weapons were classified in some categories, along with ammo suply for each catygory, for example:D

Weak weapons (all kinds of pistols, machineguns)
Mild weapons (shotguns, crossbows etc)
Strong weapons (rocket launchers)
Devastating weapons (all kind of BFG's)

All weapons in every seperated catygory would use the same ammo sphere, or ammo pack. With this method there wouldnt be situations, where you would have to use BFG on some group of minor enemies, becouse you couldnt find ammo for pistol or shotgun.

Randomized weapon pickups can make the game interesting, but if it also comes with ranomized ammo pickups, then it dosent work so well.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Ammo problem.   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm

I think that's one of the reasons why the types of ammo were reduced some year(s) ago.  There used to be two or three more types of ammo.  Crystals, larger missiles, and something else I think.

I feel like one of the points of having lots of different types of ammo and lots of different types of weapons is that it forces you to strategize when and where you'll use your weapons.  You could have a Slot 0 weapon that uses energy cells and a slot 4 weapon that also uses energy cells, so if you use up all of your cells on normal enemies using the weaker weapon, you won't have any for your major attacks against bosses. 

But if you have two different weapons that use two different types of ammo, you're obviously going to have a somewhat easier time sorting through what weapon to use and where.  So it helps to pick your 3 weapons in each slot appropriately to what you already have.
Back to top Go down
luktom100
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Ammo problem.   Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:
I think that's one of the reasons why the types of ammo were reduced some year(s) ago.  There used to be two or three more types of ammo.  Crystals, larger missiles, and something else I think.

I feel like one of the points of having lots of different types of ammo and lots of different types of weapons is that it forces you to strategize when and where you'll use your weapons.  You could have a Slot 0 weapon that uses energy cells and a slot 4 weapon that also uses energy cells, so if you use up all of your cells on normal enemies using the weaker weapon, you won't have any for your major attacks against bosses. 

But if you have two different weapons that use two different types of ammo, you're obviously going to have a somewhat easier time sorting through what weapon to use and where.  So it helps to pick your 3 weapons in each slot appropriately to what you already have.
Well, that makes a lot of sense now. Thank you kindly pony.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ammo problem.   Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:47 am

By the way, ammo variety is greatly reduced when you pick a theme, like High-Tech or Fantasy/Magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ammo problem.   Today at 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Ammo problem.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1