AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:53 am

ShadowTiger wrote:
Ah, so they are uploading.  Nice.  Hope it's been a fun experience.  What would you say was the most exciting (fun-wise) part of the mapset and the run?

Well, to me, the most fun is finding new weapons. The mapset is fairly interesting. I've been playing "the way id did 2" (or whatever it's called) and the mapset seems fairly boring. This one however, it's constantly getting me all stressed (in a good way) about what will I find next. The exception is map 32. That one was just... Well. You'll see

FistMarine wrote:
Are you using AEODmus.wad? Because the music sounds very different compared to one I'm using from file AEoD_MUS_D2_2.pk3

Also I have watched your videos and I like them so far. Though you seem to be dying quite often, much more than I do. The only differences are that I'm playing on ZDoom and I'm using Slot Limit off to get many weapons. Razz I think you should enable the Alternate HUD, that way you see all your inventory items at same time. I don't like V6 HUDS to be honest because it seems the ability to cycle through inventory when the items were shown briefly while you were cycling, was removed from some reason. I remember they were working in V5. That's why I use Alternate HUD. Wink

Anyway here is a tip and you may not like how it sounds but I have actually found the green armor much more useful than the titan armor, because the titan armor gets immediately used and then you have to get a new armor, while using green armor you will do lose both health and armor but there is plenty of health found in maps and that way the green armor will last longer and you can also survive longer if you constantly heal up. There are some situations where I get the better armors but only if I have low armor or no armor at all, especially if it's the rare 666 armor but that only if I keep it for end of level. Smile
You sure bring an interesting point to the table about the armor. I have been thinking about reducing the absorption amount for the bigger ones because indeed i have noticed that it goes down like water and since there's no damage indication i dont realize the moment it goes down and i get very careless about it, which eventually leads to not having any armor at all.

But I dont like the alt hud because having a zillion icons on the right side for the weapons... ehh.. nah.

And map 15!


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:56 am

DBThanatos wrote:
Well, to me, the most fun is finding new weapons. The mapset is fairly interesting. I've been playing "the way id did 2" (or whatever it's called) and the mapset seems fairly boring. This one however, it's constantly getting me all stressed (in a good way) about what will I find next. The exception is map 32. That one was just... Well. You'll see

You mean Doom 2 The Way ID Did? I have played that megawad and completed few days ago and yes, the difficulty of mapset is easy most of the time, except for MAP33, that one is hard. Although this time I haven't used AEOD to play it (please don't kill me for saying that) but when I played many megawads and posted a mini-review on DW idgames, some people were pointing out that I am judging a megawad unfairly because I'm using AEOD. There was even a discussion like that on a ZDoom thread, although it was mostly talked about Brutal Doom, someone even pointed out AEOD and that there are some people (I was one of those people Wink ) who post a review on idgames and state that the level/mapset they play, use AEOD to play and complain it's too hard, although this isn't true as sometimes AEOD can make gameplay varied. Here is what Xaser said:

Xaser wrote:
Hmm, the title & OP are sentiments that always scare me a little bit as a mapper, because that suggests the view that my maps are supposed to be balanced toward some particular mod rather than the original game (which is, of course, what I intend them for nowadays). This isn't endemic to Brutal Doom -- it applies to all gameplay mods, including my own, though the topic tends to come up with BD more than most because of its popularity.

Not that it should ever folks to not try, though, so long as they know it's a "play at your own risk" situation. I just find it highly counterproductive when folks do things like post an /idgames review of a map stating it's too hard and then concluding it with "I'm playing with AEoD by the way".
Source thread: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37728&start=15

Other than that, I play most of the megawads with AEOD since it is my favorite mod. The only times I don't use it is in vanilla-style megawads like D2TWID mentioned above and probably few others. And with all of that said, let's get back on topic, shall we? Wink 

DBThanatos wrote:
You sure bring an interesting point to the table about the armor. I have been thinking about reducing the absorption amount for the bigger ones because indeed i have noticed that it goes down like water and since there's no damage indication i dont realize the moment it goes down and i get very careless about it, which eventually leads to not having any armor at all.

I suggest you to make both the titan armor variants (400 and 666 armor points) to give you 80% rate of protection, while the one that gives you 250 armor points, which has 80%(?) rate of protection, should have 50% or 66% and there is one more red armor that gives you 150 armor points but if you pick up when you have no armor, it gives you 50% or 66% rate of protection (as indicated by yellow armor on HUD) but IMO this one should give you the default green armor protection, that way it will last longer. Oh and also why the HUD icons for armors are the old ones from previous versions? The yellow armor is from Quake 1 and the red one is from Quake 2 but all the armors are Doom styled armors. Razz 

As for the HUD, well each on their own I guess. I prefer having all info displayed on HUD. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 am

And there we go! Map 15 done. Uploading the rest...

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 am

Here are few more suggestions that you should keep in mind:

-Try to use the powerups where you have more than 2 in inventory, since they are reset to 1 next level and if not used, they are wasted. You could have used the invisibility rune in the big arena part and avoided enemy fire. Not to mention the stone of regeneration, you could have used at end of level before exiting and have in next level full health, near full armor and full ammo on near all weapons. Razz 

-Keep the other inventory items for later, they might be useful if you are fighting a very hard boss and requires you to use an inventory item.

-You should try collecting every item you see, example you are not collecting everything the monsters drop and some medkits.

-Make multiple saves, I recommend at least having a backup save that is made at end of each level. That way if it's something impossible to beat (like you Razz ), you can reload previous save and have a different boss this time. Note that it won't always work and it's bad if it happens in a huge map where you killed like 300 or so monsters, only to find out the last monster of the level is the boss himself and happened to be one of the hardest to beat.

-At witch part, you were talking about DoomGuy that can run fast but the one you are playing on AEOD it's not the original DoomGuy, it's AEOD DoomGuy. Razz 

-I have found those portal cores and nyan cacodemons to be extremely annoying, they are very distracting and because of them, I take a lot of damage from monsters. Can you make them destroyable in next version? The cores I have found the most annoying are "LEEEEEROOOOY YEAH!" one and the one that farted (at beginning of the video). Neutral 

Other than that, great job with your video. Can't wait to see secret levels. Wink
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:42 am

Sometimes I do remember to check for the powerups before leaving the map. I believe in map32 I do so. But yeah.

And I dont usually keep an extra save game because I get it too cluttered right away with saves from different things. My fault, yes.

The cores are indeed troublesome, but it's the price to pay for the joke mode. Razz


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 am

Nice video! And wow, you had to fight with Demilich! I think he is also the only monster that can turn you into chicken by using the morph spell. When I fought him last time, I heard him using it but I was hiding behind a wall, so it didn't affect me. But the weapon he drops, it's really powerful! Twisted Evil 

And yeah, I can understand why you felt like you cheated when you used the butterfly knife and time rune, since it can kill anything instantly but I think it might work in some situations, for example a hour ago I was playing on Jenesis MAP20 and saw the TF2 Soldier and I knew that he was going to be a pain in ass, so I decided to use a time rune (had 2 at that time Wink ) and backstab him. But then again, I had two time runes, so I wouldn't have used if I had only one. That's why I like to keep inventory items for later use, for example in same level I used a Pentagram of Protection at end of level because it's a death-exit and didn't want to start next map with pistol only. Razz 
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:21 am

End of map 31


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:30 am

DBThanatos wrote:
And there we go! Map 15 done. Uploading the rest...

The fricking thing just farted. That's how they do!

I laughed my ass off. Seriously. I remember your first reaction to it when I showed them to you. XD

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 am

Major Cooke wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:
And there we go! Map 15 done. Uploading the rest...

The fricking thing just farted. That's how they do!

I laughed my ass off. Seriously. I remember your first reaction to it when I showed them to you. XD

Hahaha. Yeah Razz


And here it's the first part of my nightmare... jebus!


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:47 am

How you say "theater" is correct by the way, at 2:18. It takes into account the "th" making that muffled combo sound that I don't know how the fuck to explain. Razz (On your map31 intro video)

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Also I found it hilarious how on map31 playthrough part 2, you were scared shitless by the vile clown ghosts. I will admit, those fuckers are nasty. I might consider removing noclip from them after all.

And the demo self-suicide part...  lol! He blew up right as you left that area.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Okay. DBT... I must WAIL on you to PICK UP THAT HELLROOT GUN WHEN YOU CAN!!! Seriously! That's going to annoy the SHIT out of me! You walked over it twice and it said "Slot 9 full" twice. I'm literally half laughing half crying right now.

tl;dr you're killing me. Razz

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Hahahah. Damn! It was there for real? Oh well... it's gone now. But I have the feeling I might find more cyberdemons on my journey, so there's that. XD

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:03 pm

You could go back to your autosave. Get it then.

And it's for reasons like this that I never have weapon slot limits on.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
You could go back to your autosave. Get it then.

And it's for reasons like this that I never have weapon slot limits on.

I cant go back. I have already recorded map 16.

And I like the slot limit. It makes you take decisions. It makes things difficult to decide. Razz

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5083
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:57 pm

And also hinders you later down the road. XD Obviously from missing your railgun.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 am

So? That makes things more interesting to me. It's like "I cant have it all, i'd better choose right" and then stick to my decision and make the most out of it, or die trying. Literally

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Map 32 looks painful.  Seriously, seriously painful.  That's all I can say about that.

Those brown bears are sick.   I don't even know what I'm trying to say there.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 830
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:29 am

Oh man I know this map. Though I've never had it that bad (probably because I stay away from Joke Mode, which is probably because I'm too afraid of these bears).

But I can't keep my 2 cents away: I think Proteus Dynamo's alt-fire would be a better way to deal with anyone around.
You had all the world's cells in your backpack, and this thing deals some 1060--6100 electric damage on a direct hit. (Of course I don't keep the numbers in my head, I just looked them up to prove the point, which is: it feels helluva strong.) It kills most bosses with 1--3 hits. And costs only 30 cells. And you could've had 20 of them. Dealing somewhere around 21K--122K damage, if you don't miss and if you don't count on rails hitting more than one target in a row.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

And I thought I was the only one who played without slot limits option. I like finding as much weapons as I can and select the most balanced out of them. Of course I don't rely on just one weapon, I occasionally switch through different ammo types or until I run out of ammo from certain weapon. My favorite weapon is Heretic's Dragon Claw(s), they do good amount of damage and don't use too much blue mana. I tend to use this to clean out full rooms of monsters and sometimes I use it even on stronger monsters, it's just amazing what this weapon can do! And it's on Slot 4! Very Happy 

Also I personally use Joke Mode on newer made megawads (2011 and above, which is when AEOD v6 was released as far as I know) and if it's anything below 2010, I play on Classic mode. Razz
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah, that Dragon-Claw alt-fire may be very useful in clearing out brown bears from that balloon.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Curious about how did I finish the map?

Here we go! Razz


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:38 am

Part 1 of 2 of 1....

I mean that the level recording was split into two parts, but I lost the 2nd half... so this is all you will be able to see from that map... Sad


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 830
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Your relationship with Nyancodemon is so adorable, I can watch you cursing it all day long Smile
And stuff like "You see? You're dead! It's a simple equation: I find you--you die, period." should go as quotes for the next patch of AEoD.

May I ask you what song played on the playthrough of MAP14?
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 am

LOL, did I say that? I tend to say so much crap that I forget! Razz

The song is "back to the worms" by cryptopsy


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Today at 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down
 
AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» any thing predator and alien related
» Alien help
» Alien: Isolation
» Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Intro Part 1
» Winboard [Alien Edition]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: