» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Totally forgot to post it here! Razz

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm

New upload!

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
If I were to play with weapon limits, I would drop certain weapons and pick up another just to get the ammo, and then switch back. But then again, I also don't play with weapon limits so ammo is also not a problem. As for the zombies, pffft. Disintegrate them or freeze them, big whoop. Razz

I know about that, I was just saying that it's annoying how they don't get gibbed right away by God's attacks and have to wait until they get up. I hate to keep hearing the "resurrecting" sound. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:25 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
9:20 - Thank you, thank you for letting me know that I'm taking a long time.

Hence the result "SUCKS" from the last video.

Also, still waiting for you to use the alt-fire of the shredder staff and be amazed. :3

When you kept saying suit, you kept getting it right the first time: "S-ew-t"

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:
9:20 - Thank you, thank you for letting me know that I'm taking a long time.

Hence the result "SUCKS" from the last video.

Also, still waiting for you to use the alt-fire of the shredder staff and be amazed. :3

When you kept saying suit, you kept getting it right the first time: "S-ew-t"

Lol. That word will always give me troubles! And yes! I have used the alt fire of the shredder staff, but I think it was during one of my tests in the new version. Should use it here though

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Indeed, you should. Razz

Also, what happened at the beginning of that upload? Sounds like your audio went fuck-all for a moment.

Also, YOU FOUND A SPYCRAB!

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 pm

@Major Cooke: I have no idea what happened with the sound. I guess it got saturated somehow. Perhaps I should lower the voice volume. Isnt it too loud?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm not expecting you to use the shredder staff before the end of map25, but I AM expecting you to use that alt-fire. Seriously, it's totally worth it. Razz Remember, it doesn't hurt you.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:59 am

...aaaaaand... next part

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 am

DBThanatos wrote:
"Spinning round and round and... I'm dying!"

lol!

Yes, you said the word suit right that time.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:50 am

Ha! I had uploaded this since whenever, I just forgot to post it here.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:14 am

I'm subscribed. I never miss a video. Twisted Evil ... ... somehow that emoticon is warranted, I feel. Alright. :-/

That one room with the two bear-balloons looked horrifying. Congrats on surviving that. I wonder how susceptible those are to the driveable sniper bullet.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:29 pm

@ShadowTiger: Not very susceptible at all. The shredder staff alt-fire, on the other hand, when one of them pours forth their mud? Crouch down, use the shredder staff alt-fire at the critical black mass, one dead boss at the cost of... what, 10-15 green mana?

@DBThanatos:

0:29 - He's not stuck. He saw the lich king that went around the wall. Kill it, and then he'll return to following you.

I'm gonna change that around...

Also, inferno syphon now means unlimited mana.

USE THE FUCK OUT OF IT.

And the shredder staff.

8:29 - The hand of God destroyed both of them.

Also, have patience, DBThanatos. El Oscuro will kick their asses, it doesn't take very long, and he's immortal when he's on your side. Just let him do his duty.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:40 am

Yeah. I was patient... kinda Razz

Last part of the video for that map!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:43 am

Oh wow, only three days to upload this one after the previous. You're getting better! Razz

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Gotta give me credit. I had important visitors all through november and half of december, and still I was able to upload a few things every once in a while. That's something, right?

And fuck this map.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:22 am

DBT, when you keep reloading and popping the time rune, I kept thinking:

"We're having technical difficulties at the moment. Please allow us an infinite number of rewinds until we get a proper solution going."

While I'm glad the shredder staff and inferno syphon finally got some screen time, you need to use the inferno syphon more often.

REMEMBER:

Inferno Syphon can mean pretty much unlimited mana. It's an even better user of dark mana than the dark flame staff is.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:21 am

Yeah. I did have quite a few tech issues to begin with. And then the map was hard as fuck

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:44 pm

So I managed to catch up from behind up to map 22 (that's where I stopped watching but I am still a bit behind with 15 videos) and I must say that it's nice to see how DBT plays his own mod and what tactics uses. Though I must also mention that you did indeed a lot of mistakes and you can improve a lot of things that can reduce the amount of times you die. Here are the things that can be improved:

-Save a bit more frequently and don't always quick load just because a monster hit you or you did something wrong. Sure, you can quick load if you fall into a pit or if you didn't want to waste too much ammo but I don't think it's necessary to quick load just because a monster hit you. If you didn't quick load, you would have probably killed that monster anyway. Saving more often will also make the progress faster. I am sure no one likes to watch you dying over and over in same area for 5 minutes in a row because of a trap or something. Sure, in some maps can become frustratingly hard and you can die over and over in same area (2 wads that gave me a lot of trouble were Hellcore 2.0 and MAYhem 2048, seriously THESE were so tough!)
-You should pick up all items. You tend to miss many of what monsters drop as well as armors and powerups like mystic soul sphere (you missed 3 of them!). These are extremely rare and useful and will increase max health by 20 points, so you can only get 5 of these that benefit you, after that picking one up will give you full 300 health. You also tend to miss medkits, they are crucial in surviving and they prevent you from dying by getting auto-used when you are about to die. You also don't need to use them when you are low on health, you can just pick up other health lying around instead and keep medkits for later.
-Use inventory items where have more than 2 of same type. They don't get carried between maps (with exception of dice) but you shouldn't let them go to waste. So if you have 2 mystic urns, why not use one before ending level? That way you start next level with 500 health (if you had no less than 250 health before using one) and you are much more prepared for fights. I don't usually use inventory items but when I do, I make sure I use one that I have 2 or more of same type. I only use inventory items when there is an area that I can't pass and requires me to use an item to pass.
-You don't seem to kill those civilians, scientists, spiders, rats too often. I really hate these because they get in my way, so every time I see them running around, I kill them. Nothing is more annoying than one of them getting in my face when using a rocket launcher while fighting a monster. Plus they usually drop health. Oh and you also seem to be completely unaware of presence of spiders because every time you meet one, you don't notice it until you lost some health.

These are all my tips for now. I hope you will consider using some of them in next videos.Smile

Question: How did you get the Shredder Staff? I had a quick look at some of your later videos and I never found this weapon before! It sure looks powerful! Shocked
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks FistMarine, that's actually quite helpful, to know what basically is boring to watch Razz

But yeah. I took note of that part of loading less frequently.

And the part about using duplicated items, yeah, i've been trying to do that since quite a few maps, but I tend to forget. By the time I find the exit, Im just so eager to finish the thing that I forget about checking the inventory.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 am

No problem, I'm glad I could help! Very Happy

EDIT: Lol, you forgot to pick up just another mystic soul sphere in map 22. Something tells me that you intentionally avoid them. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Oh, and FistMarine, this entire map was recorded before you had uploaded the feedback. In fact, it was the last one I recorded before I did this one:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:08 pm

I can't wait to see what you pull in Map 27. Very Happy

Last edited by Major Cooke on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:45 am

We all can't wait!
And let's not skip map 27 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Today at 12:19 pm