» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

Michaelis

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Oh, and FistMarine, this entire map was recorded before you had uploaded the feedback. In fact, it was the last one I recorded before I did this one:

OK I understand. I can only tell you that I'm a bit behind with this playthrough, I'm on map23 because this week I'm busy with school and my time is limited. Perhaps this weekend I will watch all remaining parts, I hope. Smile

EDIT: I just reached map 25. And yet I am still behind with 10 videos. Mad
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 pm

@Michaelis: Er, typo. Meant 27, not 28. Fixed.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Well, map 27, here we begin.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:39 pm

@12:02 - Antichamber! I have that game! It's a lot of fun, and it's a lot of mindfuckery. I'm not gonna lie. Kinda freaky, but in the good way.

@17:57 - The altfire can throw hammers. Those deal a lot more damage, and they foil enemy invulnerability.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Anti-chamber! I've been postponing playing it for a year already despite wanting it a lot. Perhaps if AEoD gets the weapon from this game I'll play it sooner Smile

@14:35 : While I can certainly see how Shredder Staff is too OP, don't forget that it's extremely rare. I haven't found one in my playing.
How rare exactly (spoilers):

So, while it might eat little ammo, its crazy-ass power feels like well deserved.

@19:20 : That flying monster you hate so much was changed in one of the previous versions (actually, long ago) to be vulnerable all the time, not just when it's attacking.

Btw, you seem more cheerful in this video than in the previous many!
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 am

No wonder why this staff is so rare. I haven't found it either and I've been playing AEOD for a couple of years and yet I have to find some weapons.

The weapons I never found so far:

The above experiment was done by using the cheat to get ALL weapons from the game and cycle through them with the display nametags option enabled that shows the weapon name when you cycle through weapons (as in DBT's videos).
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Michaelis wrote:

@19:20 : That flying monster you hate so much was changed in one of the previous versions (actually, long ago) to be vulnerable all the time, not just when it's attacking.

Btw, you seem more cheerful in this video than in the previous many!
Which flying monster? I hate them all already! Razz

And yeah, I did notice I was a bit more cheerful, I guess it was the xmas spirit or something. Dont worry, I returned to my boring tone in the next maps Razz

And, I'll be publishing videos much more frequently now, because Im already done with the thing!

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:56 pm

FistMarine wrote:
No wonder why this staff is so rare. I haven't found it either and I've been playing AEOD for a couple of years and yet I have to find some weapons.

The weapons I never found so far:

The above experiment was done by using the cheat to get ALL weapons from the game and cycle through them with the display nametags option enabled that shows the weapon name when you cycle through weapons (as in DBT's videos).

Ya there are also a couple of weapons I have never found either, but then again I have only played a few game modes and currently working my way through all of them, playing different megawads while doing so.

From that list:
I don't remember what the shredder staff was so i can't check at the moment (not home)
I have gotten a Popcorn gun from one of those clown like beings the big ones in joke mode
I remember picking up the fusion cannon a long time ago when I first played but don't remember where it came from.
I remember picking up multiple Penetrators, they sometimes spawn where a BFG usually spawns in Quake 4 mode
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 am

I was thinking that popcorn gun would be dropped by Pennywise but I never found him, so I didn't get the gun either. Razz
About penetrators, the thing is that I only play on classic and joke modes and I find weird how some weapons ONLY spawn in other modes than classic or joke. I demand an "EVERYTHING" mode where every single monster and weapon will spawn, so that I can get all weapons! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 am

Ive had Penetrators spawn for me on both classic and joke modes, they're just rare.

And be lucky(or unlucky) you about Pennywise; every time I play Joke mode I meet him AT LEAST once, ALWAYS. Certainly feels like it.

And I really should do some catching up with this talkthrough.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 am

@FistMarine, q2k2k, Colossus: Ready to read some spoilers guys?
Where to find some of these guns (spoilers):

@DBThanatos:
@1:35 : When you killed that Shambler with just one shot of Shock Rifle, notice how he hadn't disintegrated. That's because apart from disintegration, Shock Rifle's projectiles push monsters away from the explosion with great force. Most often it's negligible as these monsters don't hit anything, and so don't suffer. But this unfortunate Shambler happened to have something in his way, and got splattered all over it.

Last edited by Michaelis on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oops! Wrong info corrected in spoiler.)
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:48 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 am

Oops! I gave incorrect info about Pennywise. I fixed it under the spoiler now.

@DBThanatos:
@10:00 :
The chance of meeting Death in Joke Mode is...:

Last edited by Michaelis on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am

OK thanks for fix. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 pm

@Michaelis: ahh! that explains it. I had never considered that. I was seriously puzzled about how the shambler died.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Michaelis wrote:
@1:35 : When you killed that Shambler with just one shot of Shock Rifle, notice how he hadn't disintegrated. That's because apart from disintegration, Shock Rifle's projectiles push monsters away from the explosion with great force. Most often it's negligible as these monsters don't hit anything, and so don't suffer. But this unfortunate Shambler happened to have something in his way, and got splattered all over it.

That would be the wall. When blasted like that with A_RadiusThrust, it can happen unless a unique flag is specified.

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:37 am

Finally finished watching this episode.

DBThanatos wrote:
And, I'll be publishing videos much more frequently now, because Im already done with the thing!
Oh wow! You must be veeeeery glad to finish it after all the time, aren't you!

Are you going to make another topic for wad suggestions, or should we leave 'em here?
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Me too! I managed to catch up from behind and boy, having to watch like 10 long videos in a single day is a bit boring. Razz

I'm glad you considered some of my suggestions (using items at end of level, collecting mystic soul spheres, etc). Oh and you just found out another weapon that I didn't found. So far you've got 3 weapons that I didn't found yet. Razz (Head Hunter, Shredder Staff and Hailstorm Minigun)

For the next wad, may I suggest something a bit more difficult? You see, AV has later maps with thousands of monsters but there is plenty of ammo and health in these levels to balance it out, so in my opinion AV is really easy with AEOD (except map 26 which is REALLY TOUGH, especially at beginning but then map becomes a cakewalk). Two wads I've found extremely frustrating with AEOD were Hellcore 2.0 and Mayhem 2048 (yes I mentioned them before already) but these 2 pissed me off so much that I'd like you to play through them, to see how well you will succeed at them. Razz Joking aside, I would recommend a more recent megawad, something like Going Down, Hellbound, Survive in Hell, Zones of Fear, etc. Haven't played through either of them but I think it's worth giving a shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Double video day!

And yes, please bring the suggestions!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Aww, right when I thought I had done watching your videos for a while. Well, I guess I will wait a few days because I've got to study in this weekend. I'm glad I managed to keep up this time, I guess missing 2 videos isn't a big deal. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:50 pm

One of the megawads I have played recently and enjoyed was Community Chest 4. Lots of things to see, lots of things to kill. Some of the other ones I have played recently is Zones of Fear, Eternal DOOM, and many more
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 pm

I agree with FistMarine about Going Down. It's the greatest fun I had in much time. Boom-scripting really shines in it. Plus it has some crazy-ass music that you will probably replace Smile

My other absolute all-time favorite is Hell Revealed 2. I played it more times than all IWADs combined, so of course it's interesting for me to see how you would fare there.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:04 pm

I have yet to upload the AEonsified Winters Fury. You'll like that, DBThanatos.

That, or Hellbound. You like running through cities or perhaps some nostalgia Doom 3-esque maps? Hellbound is good. No, Hellbound is fucking WONDERFUL.

It feels like a real city too.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Sorry for the delay! Didnt have internet

But here we go.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:02 pm

I've already made it so those guys and black bears can no longer go through walls. Spoiler warning, but it's a tiny one. You also spoiled something in the video, a tiny one as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Today at 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down

AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next