» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:04 am

Thanks for taking my suggestions! It really does improve your skill a bit. Smile

I was sick too previous week, that was terrible, I don't want to be reminded. Razz
How come Nick never hits you? You seem to be very lucky avoiding his shots (no really, that was pure luck). He almost always manages to hit me and damn, it hurts! Sometimes he even killed me and I got presented with a nasty obituary "Nick slammed Player's teeth to the ground!" or something like that! God, that annoys me so much! Twisted Evil
Yeah, I have noticed too that the weapon dropped by those white clown heads appears very often. Laughing

Anyway when you upload remaining videos? I can't wait to see you finishing this talkthrough, it took so much! Smile
BTW other suggestions: Try to use the more powerful weapons a bit more often, try to not ignore those spiders anymore and try to be a bit more careful and not load game that often. You still loaded game but oh well, I can't forbidden you from doing that. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 pm

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:53 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Even if I'm a bear, how do you like that, motherfucker?
Totally adding that to the titlemap.

When you killed Dog, his bouncer dropped. Pay close attention to "Slot # Full" message, or else I'll be forced to position the wording in the middle of your cursor just to get your attention next time. Razz

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:23 am

HAHAHA! DAMMIT!

How did I miss that? I just checked the video, and I walked over it a lot!

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Exactly. Razz

Though to be fair, the weapon is slightly broken in that regards, anyway, you'll find the ability to let the grenade keep bouncing doesn't exactly stick. So, not that big of a loss.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Aww, you just found another weapon that I didn't found. If I were you I'd pick it up! Oh wait, I would have picked it anyway as I play with slot limits off! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Yep. This is almost over.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:39 am

You pronounced Baphomet correctly.

The shredder staff is NOT overpowered. Remember, the more targets you hit with the hitscan, the more damage it does. If you recall from map... 28? 27? It took you 6 alt-fire shots to kill a cyberdemon.

The greatest strength is crowds for the shredder staff.

Please don't remove the Bingos from the mod. They aren't that bad, they just somehow continue to fail to uphold their standards with the weapons you can get from them. I will aim to fix that.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:21 am

I don't understand why you used BOTH stones of restoration, they are pretty powerful artifacts and I suggest using them at end of level for finishing with full health/armor/ammo (that is if you have 2 or more). But it's okay as you are nearing end and you can afford using them, after all I use my inventory items in final level. Razz (oh wait you found another one later in video, lucky you)

I agree about what you said about Heretic. Some weapons felt weaker than Doom counterparts and I noticed that years ago when someone uploaded video on YouTube of Doom Weapons in Heretic mod and he had easier time killing the Heretic monsters using Doom weapons. Plus some Heretic maps were hard as hell! (E4M1 anyone?)

About that part where you are "inside of human body", it does indeed remind of Quake 3 Arena Q3DM1 where it's a mouth that contains armor inside. I think we need more Doom maps like that where DoomGuy is inside a human body. Laughing

Lol at part with the hanged "imp class" monsters. That was really clever but funny at same time because those monsters got replaced. I'm sure these are dormant imp actors. Laughing

I think you should have checked the inventory items earlier because the "wasted" invulnerability and other cool artifacts would have been useful against Caleb/Cleric/Postal Dude at end of map. At least you used medkits. Razz

Can't wait for final level!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Map 30! Here we go!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:55 pm

I don't know whose crueller... The Icon of Sin, or you, DBThanatos. clown

Why do I get the feeling that this was done in revenge for all the obnoxious farts, leeroy jenkins, and those god-forsaken clowns? Razz

I was wondering what that song was by the way. Thanks for that!

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Oh hell I'm so stoked! You know what, I'll give you TWO thumbs up! cheers

BTW, thanks for the song. It's from the album "The Negation", like the two other songs you used that I identified, which means I can probably find even more AEoD OST in that album. That's some good news Smile

Now I don't know what to wait for in my life. I used to watch these talkthroughs on a more or less regular basis for such a long time.
Please make a new one soon!
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Oh he will. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:47 am

Damn, I missed the last video (internet problems, school, etc). Just watched it now and wow it has 11 likes already (12th with mine). Razz

I laughed at ending because even if you finished AV (finally you finished a level without dying, 100% everything except items and exactly 3 minutes par time), I can't wait for the bonus video and I have a feeling I know what's going to be! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks for the likes! Why cant you always like the videos? haha

Anyway, map 30. Again.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Apparently, nevermind, you didn't have one.

Also, you know you nearly were telefragged 3 times, right?

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 am

What? I liked all your videos man!

Spoiler:

Also the video stops at part where you use the dice but you still didn't finish the "legit way", even if you finished the map again in middle of video but still you wanted to do again for some reason. I don't really understand this decision but I want to see the next part. Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:41 am

He's trying to go step by step, breaking himself into having completely aim-free kill of the icon of sin.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:14 pm

I know that, I have noticed that he is trying to center view when he reaches platform since in original Doom you couldn't look up/down, so you had to time the rocket to enter in Icon of Sin's head but still, what stopped him from uploading the FULL video? Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:32 pm

20 minutes worth of video, not to mention his current internet situation hogs up his entire bandwidth which could take a while. Videos like that could range between several hundred (if lucky) to a gigabyte or two (which usually is the case).

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Indeed, like Cooke said, it's complicated to upload super gigantic files and all that stuff. But hey! Here we go!

"So, after 17 months, I was able to finish Alien Vendetta. Man, it really took a very long time. What can I say? I certainly enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone for watching this stupid series of videos. I really appreciate all the support and whatnot.

But hey! This isnt the end yet. Go and post your suggestions for what mapset to play next.

Again, thanks a lot for watching."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 am

Never use a time rune when you're on the lift. You wasted a shot at 7:00. Look closely, the rocket exploded on the lift. clown

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:28 am

I forgot to mention something on previous video about player's speed but it seems that in ZDoom for some reason DoomGuy is slightly slower than in vanilla Doom. I can definitely confirm that in vanilla you run really fast but in ZDoom you run slower and that's because of the different movement psychics. Razz

BTW finally you finished it! Yes I am nuts because I have watched the entire thing! I deserve a reward! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Achievement Unlocked: Old-School Never Dies
Kill final boss using only non-slot-0 explosives.

Amazingly the road is clean.

Every time I aim to say "amazingly" that road, which is clean, always pops up in my mind.

So what if congratulations are a month overdue (you posted about finishing it on January, 14th)? To me it was just like you finished it right now, and honestly, I did sorta yell at the video when you finally finished it, like these crazy-ass soccer fans yell at their TVs when their teams score goals. I must be nuts as well, but that's OK, it's a well known fact Smile

Congratulations, mate. You fucking won it.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm

hahaha! Thanks! It really felt good to finish it after such a long time!

We all won. The only reason I kept playing and recording for so long was because there were people watching and following it.

So, there: We did it!

cheers

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Today at 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down

AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10