AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon


Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:33 pm

That yellow combine that was giving you a beating in the last video was indeed a Cybie. Be careful of what you wish for xD
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:18 am

Goddamn that song is awesome.

Also, keep it up, not that much left on that map.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Really wished that Royal Combine ya fought had dropped its weapon.  I friggin love that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 829
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 am

Oh man, what a map. I've been completely and utterly lost in it exactly the number of times that I played it.
But I surely respect it as an epic piece.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon


Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:
Really wished that Royal Combine ya fought had dropped its weapon.  I friggin love that weapon.

The Gluon Gun aka The Hose of Death. It's like watering screaming plants!
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Not to mention the alt-fire, oh man...

A wide, long bunch of monsters goes bye-bye at a leisurely pace is fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:59 pm

DBT couple suggestions you should keep in mind:


  • Pulse cannon mines don't deal forced damage. They're useless against cyberdemons, though I will rectify that personally for the next patch...
  • Charge the BFG, pop out, fire, and run back in. You kept standing out too much and waiting for the BFG, giving him plenty of opportunities to hit you.
  • Thank you for finally using the butterfly knife. XD Though, you could get away with not using the time rune if you're careful enough, he doesn't have a melee state.


I'm glad you all enjoy the gluon gun though. Razz

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 am

Hahah. Yeah. That combine sure gave me hell.

Mr.Kosta wrote:
It's like watering screaming plants!
This made me LOL so hard!

And here! It only took me 2 to 3 months to finish the level Razz

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm

2:36 - Heart palpitations? Where your heart kinda spasms out and you feel it speeding up powerfully for a few moments giving weak thumps before going back to normal?

4:49 - I'm upping the damage of the rocket explosions a bit.

6:14 - What kinds of changes, if I might ask?

6:56 - Allocating time?

7:23 - You know, it's that time we used to make AEoD in it's current state. Never neglect or forget!  cheers 


_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
2:36 - Heart palpitations? Where your heart kinda spasms out and you feel it speeding up powerfully for a few moments giving weak thumps before going back to normal?
Not really. It was just a weird "tachycardia" (so it was the right word!). My heart started pounding real hard and my chest hurt big time, and my head too. When my heart went back to normal, i'd still have the pain, but not so terrible. But it happened for hours until a private doctor came to see me and said "go to the hospital already"

Major Cooke wrote:
6:14 - What kinds of changes, if I might ask?
Changes on how I spend my time. I decided to abandon facebook for a while. It made me waste so much time; it was only until i was reading articles just for fun, about that addiction, when I realized i was addicted too. So while I dont want to get totally away from friends I can only contact there, I sure dont want to be addicted to it as I was.

Major Cooke wrote:
6:56 - Allocating time?
Excellent term.

Major Cooke wrote:
7:23 - You know, it's that time we used to make AEoD in it's current state. Never neglect or forget!  cheers 
Yeah! But all this week i've been sick with a flu (what is it with me? my defenses are all fucked up) and I've been sleeping a lot. I havent even played :(although, i've been watching movies, as that doesnt involve getting up from the bed Razz


And now, map12. I recorded this last week I believe Razz

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 pm

7:29 - Eidechenesser is pronounced I-deck-en-ess-er, though no one is expecting you to memorize that. Razz It's German after all and I gave it that name.

Well, one thing I learned is food, depending on the diet, can greatly sway the defense systems.

I'm one of those who eats simply, like ham and cheese sandwiches with picky taste buds. I think this is why I never get sick because I don't bring myself to try some of the new stuff, mainly because my experience is not good with them. If you drink soda, my suggestion would be to substitute it with water or some form of energizing drink like Gatorade or Powerade. Pop is like booze; it just kills you much more slowly. XD

However, some of it is pure luck. I for one have gone for at least a year or two now without being sick, but then again that's also most likely because I spend most of my time in front of this laptop of mine. I've been around the sickest people sometimes, and I've never caught anything from them. What happens, I think, is that my body has enough energy since I hardly work out these days and it can combat anything I pick up. Just a wild guess, I could be completely wrong. My metabolism is extremely high so I could eat a pick-up truck and not gain a pound. That might help too.

Just so you know, I believe you're too young to be experiencing heart attacks. I know they're considered rare at that age but I personally dont think your heart will weak until your 40s-50s.
-----
On the down side of me having all this anti-sickness immunity stuff, if I DO get sick, I am a walking bubonic plague, or the black death as they call it, and everyone around me starts to suffer. I absolutely have to quarantine myself to my room. My dad's the same way. My brother is easily subject to sickness and he's had it last for months on end sometimes.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 829
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:20 pm

This song's called Where Dead Angels Lie, but it took me an hour to recall the band's name.
(Which is Dissection. A fairly traditional name for a metal band. If I spent another hour writing down all possible names for metal bands in a parallel universe, it'd surely be in a list.)
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 am

@Cooke: Indeed, I know it doesnt seem likely to have a heart attack at this age, but you know, bad miracles happen Razz

@Michaelis: You are absolutely right. Okay, there was no chance in hell i could've remembered the name. I recorded that thing like 10 days ago and I still couldnt remember it. Hahahaha!

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 am

Bad miracles? Heh, you mean omens?

Also DBT, please check your PMs.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:44 pm

I did. I replied.

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Yup! Well, hopefully your health is being more stable recently? Maybe?

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:14 pm



There we go. Jesus. I have to keep doing this more often

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 pm

You're really regaining your confidence back. I like that. You've improved dramatically too!

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:25 am

Playing on Ultra-Violent must be taxing.  Congratulations on having survived so readily thus far.  It's a heck of a rollercoaster with health.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah, but it's getting more fun!


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Will add questions/remarks as I watch through this.

@3:07 - What happened with you and your band mates?

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 am

New upload. FInally.


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Map 14





I have to say: I just finished map 32. HOLY MOTHER OF TITS! I'll try to upload the videos before that one ASAP

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Ah, so they are uploading.  Nice.  Hope it's been a fun experience.  What would you say was the most exciting (fun-wise) part of the mapset and the run?
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:04 am

Are you using AEODmus.wad? Because the music sounds very different compared to one I'm using from file AEoD_MUS_D2_2.pk3

Also I have watched your videos and I like them so far. Though you seem to be dying quite often, much more than I do. The only differences are that I'm playing on ZDoom and I'm using Slot Limit off to get many weapons. Razz I think you should enable the Alternate HUD, that way you see all your inventory items at same time. I don't like V6 HUDS to be honest because it seems the ability to cycle through inventory when the items were shown briefly while you were cycling, was removed from some reason. I remember they were working in V5. That's why I use Alternate HUD. Wink 

Anyway here is a tip and you may not like how it sounds but I have actually found the green armor much more useful than the titan armor, because the titan armor gets immediately used and then you have to get a new armor, while using green armor you will do lose both health and armor but there is plenty of health found in maps and that way the green armor will last longer and you can also survive longer if you constantly heal up. There are some situations where I get the better armors but only if I have low armor or no armor at all, especially if it's the rare 666 armor but that only if I keep it for end of level. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough   

Back to top Go down
 
AEoD Alien Vendetta Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» any thing predator and alien related
» Alien help
» Alien: Isolation
» Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Intro Part 1
» Winboard [Alien Edition]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: