Share | 

Quoted signatures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Quoted signatures   Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:47 pm

So what brings you to quoting the people in your signatures, if you have any?

Here's mine, in order from top to bottom in my signature:

• Postal Dude - When I first started fighting around with DBThanatos' alpha version of this guy in joke mode, he... well, was absolutely hilarious! Not to mention, whenever I see DBThanatos save so much during his talk throughs (no offense DBT, but seriously... It TRULY applies to your case! clown ), it instantly reminds me of that quote about grandmothers beating the games by saving so much. Bobo the Space Monkey came from when he shot a Baphomet to death, and the next shot was the final one, causing the demon to keel over.

• Pennywise, the Dancing Clown - Ever since I first started playing Happy Time Circus II, I got into the curiosity of whom Pennywise is. This started me on a looooong trail to finding out just who he is, and I must say I was quite pleased with the result. Not to mention, it got me to like clowns a lot more, ironically. In my mind, he's basically the Anti-Christ in AEons of Death as he's very powerful, and his shields prevent even the HHH from working properly on him (Talk about protection of the dark one). Well, I should say, Anti-Christ in Clown Form.

• DBThanatos & Major Cooke - We both came up with this after ranting to each other about how Blizzard can go burn for starting the whole DRM bullshit.

• FPS Russia - I don't remember what happened, nor which episode this was from but it was a funny one. I think something about a truck being blown up?

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

Death Hand - A unit from a C&C Generals Zero Hour mod, I find his quote to be very fitting and true.

Colossus - That's something I came up by myself, as you have probably figured out. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Quote :
"i just pretend i know what im talking about 150% of the time"
I got my quote from some image I found on Facebook.  Damned if I can't remember where.  It's a pretty big Facebook. o.O

It reminds me of that bash quote,

#34170 (569)
defiant_wench: I smoked pot for a month one night
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Mine means essentially that you should kill them all and let god sort em out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Easy. I don't know what to put in there and I'm too lazy to think of something.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:05 am

Mr.Kosta: LOL

Ok. My signature... let me find it...

"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
I cant remember what happened, but it was something like major cooke gifted me a game i was dying to get, and I got really really excited Razz

""Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6"
Well, it says right there. I dont even remember where I posted that originally. The readme file maybe?

""Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox"
Major Cooke showed me that one, attached there was this picture of the measurement of that distance (between the pinky finger and the capslock key). It was referring to people that type LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT.

""What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King"
Amm... dont remember where I read that. but hey! it's from stevie!

""In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC"
Like Cooke said, it was about this time we were discussing about how much we hated diablo 3 and the always online thing.

And the thing in the spoiler... it says right there where it came from. I just liked it too much! XD

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 am

I honestly have no idea what to put into signature, I just leave it empty. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 am

DBThanatos wrote:

Ok. My signature... let me find it...

I cant remember what happened, but it was something like major cooke gifted me a game i was dying to get, and I got really really excited Razz
Painkiller Hell & Damnation, that was from steam when it still had the /me macro.

DBThanatos wrote:
""Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6"
Well, it says right there. I dont even remember where I posted that originally. The readme file maybe?
Another quote from Steam when we were talking it up about the revolutionary changes we've gone through, and we were admiring our work. Wink

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:45 am

Hi quoting club, you've got a new member.

Recently I've watched a documentary more or less about the street art. It's called "Exit Through the Gift Shop" and is directed by Banksy, probably world's most (in)famous street artist. It depicts Thierry Guetta, a guy who wanted to see Banksy and make a documentary about him, but, as Banksy states in the beginning, Thierry's own life was more interesting than Banksy's. So the film is about Thierry Guetta instead.
I've never been into street art and considered it to be limited to painting dicks on walls. Sometimes dicks so deformed that they begin resembling anything else. I really hope I'm not insulting anyone's feelings here by my past stupidity. Just to note: I don't think this way anymore.

Thierry Guetta wanted to meet Banksy and film a documentary about him, but nobody ever met Banksy in the world, nobody ever saw him, never ever, he's the man of mystery, he's anonymous, he's untraceable. But he that seeks finds. One day Banksy just came to LA where Thierry lived, and they met. And in the documentary Thierry says about his feelings in these words in my quote.

You want to meet the completely untraceable person, and then he just comes to you. More or less. How cool is that?

That's a bit like what I felt when I found out who wrote the better part of OST to Hell Revealed 2.

Hence the quote.

Last edited by Michaelis on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:57 am

DBThanatos' "Jesus the Pimp" is from me, after I remade the looks of his character from way back when about 5 years ago or so. Hence he has a goatee back then, and not now. Replaced with SHADES. Cool

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 am

Here comes another one.

Before I returned to Doom to stay with it forever in my 10th grade, I obsessed over games made by an indie developer now known as Ska Studios (Totally Screwed Software back then). As far as I know, he was totally a one-man band back in the day, drawing all graphics and coding everything in DirectX over Visual Basic. Games looked simplistic, but played fun like hell. Or was it just me being young these days? Games had stupid names like Zombie Smashers X, Blood Zero, Survival Crisis Z. I believe they were really good, I mean, totally fun to play. I'd love to play them now really. Why don't I?..
His games had recurring themes. I love recurring themes. They make it worthwhile to obsess over and research. They give you sense of achievement when you find them and compare. Marvel Cinematic Universe knows this. They always include stuff from other films, and everybody likes it.
One of the recurring themes of Totally Screwed Software games was his depiction of hell. I don't know if he made it up or read somewhere, but in all games where he featured hell, it was more or less the same--and even more interesting since the perspective was different in different games. Beyond the portal to hell, player moved through: pools of blood, mad hall, valley of flash, the factory, islands of ice, halls of insanity, and gore binding (looking like bones in bloody space), to get to the hell machine, which is the arena-like center of hell.

From my POV, Blood Zero was his best game. From everyone else's, it was the worst. Or "least best". Other games of that period got featured later. Some speak about "weird cult following". Blood Zero, a game with best story of those, best upgrade system, and long-ass singleplayer campaign, was never featured anywhere and its "weird cult following", to my knowledge, consists of only me in the entire world.

So, to celebrate this game I'm not even sure I still have on my HDD (and I'm afraid as fuck to find out I don't), here's this quote. In Blood Zero, in hell, when player killed every monster in mad hall, the floor changed from orange-red deformed checkered tiles to words. One of the sentences written there reads "There were things from everywhere else". It probably means that almost everyone and everything goes to hell. Or maybe it doesn't. It's really a vague phrase.
I think it fits AEoD nicely. There were things from everywhere else. From Blood, from Hellspawn, from Quake 4, from Left 4 Dead. From Bulletstorm and Portal. In AEoD, there were things from everywhere else.

Edit: I found the game on my PC, hacked a savegame and made a screenshot of this phrase where it is found. Look how simplistic this shit is! Fantasy was my best friend when I was playing this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quoted signatures   

Back to top Go down

Quoted signatures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1