AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Discord Channels
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm by Major Cooke

» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:43 am

Hi, this is a "bugs and suggestions" list I made for next version of AEOD, which I already sent on DBThanatos' YouTube channel but he told me to put the list here. Here are all my bugs and suggestions:

-Hexen Centaur sometimes drops a Dragon Claw from Heretic (I think it's supposed to drop a green orb at start of game). This bug, however, helped me to get the claw early in game, since the Dragon Claw is a very good weapon but it's some kind of bug/exploit and should be fixed! Plus that he can always drop the claw if he gets chance, even if you picked it up already.
-The minotaur that throws two axes at you (demon placement I think) it's a bit overpowered for a demon class, his axes do too much damage at one time, I got once killed when I had 112 health (no medkits remaining in inventory) and also another time when I was low on health, a monster dropped pentagram of protection but I wasn't fast to get it and then that fucker killed me!
-Same could be said about the red flaming Hexen centaur which appears in place of revenant, his flaming attack is ripper-like and can quickly eat your health out if you get trapped in a small space and hard to avoid the attack. Perhaps do the attack the same as Minotaur's (Heretic Maulotaur boss) flaming ground attack but doing slightly less damage?
-Quake 2 gunner and enforcer have switched "see" sounds (this bug was in earlier versions as well). In case you don't know, the enforcer is Quake 2 chaingunner, while the gunner is the one where has chaingun and grenade launcher. I suspect the shield version of gunner (which has nailgun and frag grenades) has the same bug that it uses enforcer's see sound. Maybe you should look into their sound code or just modify the sound file name to each other to apply changes.
-Reduce Phoenix spawn rate(?) Sorry but in latest version appears more often than in V5 where it was very rare (now it's about same spawn rate as in V3-V4) even if doesn't kill anymore in one hit when have enough health and armor, it's a pain in ass to get rid of, if I don't have morph spell. I had once to get it crushed under door to stop resurrection (and that happened in one lucky case when I avoided being completely damaged by it). Maybe that's just me but hate fighting this thing often, have to use monster infighting if available or if not, something else like using a damage reduction powerup, stone of temperance, have enough health/armor to survive blow up attack, etc.
-I hate so much Hexen Cleric boss' super instakill attack, killed me few times even if I had full health/armor (500) and medkits in inventory, if I got hit by his whole attack, seriously. He is one of the hardest and trickiest bosses to get rid of, his dodging and moving is fast and annoying as hell! Nothing is worse than missing a good shot of one of your powerful weapons and then he responds with a "fuck you" by launching that devastating insta-kill attack.
-I don't like how some of the bombs (like the Glymph, dynamite lighter and others) appear in place of rocket launcher, I expect here to spawn some kind of rocket launcher but instead I get this, which should spawn in place of chainsaw, IMO (or get dropped more often by monsters that use them). Yes I know it's power of rocket launcher but sometimes I expect to see spawned a rocket launcher in that place, but I get a bomb/dynamite/something instead of RL. Yes, they are very powerful but I think they should be only droppable by the monsters holding them. Plus that if the monsters are far away, how I'm supposed to hit them with my throwing bombs? They can't reach them, even when holding at maximum (this is a rare case).
-Pain Elementals (original Doom monster) spawn random Lost Soul class monsters instead of spawning default Lost Souls (I can help you here fixing this because I also fixed in my old randomizer mod), seriously, this monster becomes very annoying in AEOD due to his random monsters spawn and has to get killed quickly to stop random spawning. The Lost Soul classed monsters are annoying too and if room gets full of them, becomes irritating and distracting if I'm in middle of battling other monsters.
-Sometimes the Random Ammo ball that gets dropped by higher class monsters (which contains a large ammount of ammo for each weapon - Random Ammo Power), sometimes it gets risen very high, I think has to do with gravity (sorry for my bad english here, don't know how to explain) but when monsters drop this item, it acts very weird by getting high on top and then falls back floor.
-Golden Hexen 2 archer is also overpowered, killed me many times due to his perfect timed shots that do too much damage.
-Strife red acolyte is also overpowered for hell knight class (this is another reason why I hate Hell Knight class monsters much more than the Baron class monsters), because his railgun attack is very powerful and he appears quite often too. Either reduce his spawn rate or his railgun damage attack.
-There is also a very annoying HK monster class (?) which has an extremely powerful smashing attack, which kills you in 1 hit, regardless of how much health/armor you have (I think having lots of health/armor you can survive attack). It's the one that prints a message like "Player was made pancakes (TM) by Nick" or something like that. It's a very annoying monster to fight in close spaces.
-Caleb from Blood (spider mastermind class) should appear in place of Cyberdemon, like do the rest Hero clones (Ultimate Player Clone, Duke Nukem, Lo Wang and others). I find it weird for him to spawn in place of Spider Mastermind, due to his low height.
-Add a summonable friendly green marine (like are those grey, red and orange marines from having high number on dices), this green one should have standard Doom arsenal. Or better, have one of the V2/V3 marines that were limited to their gun carrying, example sometimes happen to spawn a Shotgun Marine, other times a Plasma Marine, BFG Marine, etc. I think they were found in old versions (V2 and V3, as well as V4's opening) but I mean them to spawn alongside the other helpful marines to add more variety instead of having same 3 colorful marines.
-Perhaps add a monster that can turn you into chicken once again? (the antichickenator is still here BTW, only appears at random coupled with Radiation Suits). I kinda miss being a chicken but yeah, having those hellions in place of an imp was a bad idea. Perhaps an Arch Vile class monster which uses sprites of an edited Hexen mage? Maybe the cultist sprites from Realm667? He will have a chance of 75% of dropping an antichickenator. So that you are prepared next time you fight him. The only way to get turned into chicken in V6 is to have a morph spell available and fire at a Voodoo doll (found in custom maps) or by using command "morphme chickenplayer."
-Add a Corvus evil player clone (maybe he can have a morph spell attack mentioned above, which rarely fires at you but can still be a surprise), because you already added BUILD games heroes, as well as DoomGuy and Hexen players, but what about Corvus from Heretic, which could use his weapons as well? Oh and BJ from Wolfenstein 3D as well. XD
-Remove the spinning blade from ROTT, it doesn't fit as being monster. It's also annoying to kill when in large open areas when you killed all those demons and this thing is still alive because he cannot be destroyed unless he is doing the attack, then he can be killed. It's also very distracting in huge battles. It might be good to be included in joke mode.
-Hexen 2 wizard (the one that teleports and appears in place of Mancubus/Arachnotron I think, as well as Cyberdemon boss Mastema and Oriax) is missing teleporting effect he used in early versions, I think has something to do with latest version 6.02, in 5.29.1 it worked fine.


That's all! Please let me know what do you think about all these suggestions/bugs I listed here! Thanks for making this mod! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
avatar

Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 am

Well, I dont have time to tackle all of this, but just so you know:

FistMarine wrote:
-Hexen Centaur sometimes drops a Dragon Claw from Heretic (I think it's supposed to drop a green orb at start of game). This bug, however, helped me to get the claw early in game, since the Dragon Claw is a very good weapon but it's some kind of bug/exploit and should be fixed! Plus that he can always drop the claw if he gets chance, even if you picked it up already.
That one is pretty much intentional. You get those from the ones that shoot at you, which are Chaingunner class:

FistMarine wrote:
-The minotaur that throws two axes at you (demon placement I think)
Again, Chaingunner class. He doesn't have hitscan nor rapid fire projectiles, so he compensates with sheer damage.

FistMarine wrote:
-I don't like how some of the bombs (like the Glymph, dynamite lighter and others) appear in place of rocket launcher
The Glyph is a SSG replacement (and a damn powerful one at that). The lighter only appears from enemies in V6, and the Prox and Remote detonators are already Chainsaw replacements.

FistMarine wrote:
-Add a summonable friendly green marine (like are those grey, red and orange marines from having high number on dices), this green one should have standard Doom arsenal. Or better, have one of the V2/V3 marines that were limited to their gun carrying, example sometimes happen to spawn a Shotgun Marine, other times a Plasma Marine, BFG Marine, etc. I think they were found in old versions (V2 and V3, as well as V4's opening) but I mean them to spawn alongside the other helpful marines to add more variety instead of having same 3 colorful marines.
You can already summon friendlies (not marines though) with the Icon of Summoning. And you can get actual marines with a lucky roll with the dice.

FistMarine wrote:
-Pain Elementals (original Doom monster) spawn random Lost Soul class monsters instead of spawning default Lost Souls (I can help you here fixing this because I also fixed in my old randomizer mod), seriously, this monster becomes very annoying in AEOD due to his random monsters spawn and has to get killed quickly to stop random spawning. The Lost Soul classed monsters are annoying too and if room gets full of them, becomes irritating and distracting if I'm in middle of battling other monsters.
Emphasis mine. It is intentional, and done for that very purpose, to make the Pain Elemental as annoying as possible. After all, most weapons in AEoD obliterate Lost Souls with ease.

FistMarine wrote:
-Strife red acolyte is also overpowered for hell knight class (this is another reason why I hate Hell Knight class monsters much more than the Baron class monsters), because his railgun attack is very powerful and he appears quite often too. Either reduce his spawn rate or his railgun damage attack.
You are quite right here, though.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks for reply! Smile 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
That one is pretty much intentional. You get those from the ones that shoot at you, which are Chaingunner class:
I didn't know it was intentional, I thought it was supposed to drop a green orb that gives you a random shotgun weapon, like do some of the monsters at beginning of game. Wink 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Again, Chaingunner class. He doesn't have hitscan nor rapid fire projectiles, so he compensates with sheer damage.
I was thinking he was chaingunner class after I wrote this message since I saw him in unreachable places (where it would be chaingunners normally) but I thought about having reduced damage.

Mr.Kosta wrote:
The Glyph is a SSG replacement (and a damn powerful one at that). The lighter only appears from enemies in V6, and the Prox and Remote detonators are already Chainsaw replacements.
Yeah, my mistake about not knowing what replacements they are, I play mostly custom maps with AEOD. Laughing (although Glyph being a SSG replacement sounds weird by the way)

Mr.Kosta wrote:
You can already summon friendlies (not marines though) with the Icon of Summoning. And you can get actual marines with a lucky roll with the dice.
I know about that, what I meant is to add more variant marines that appear along those marines on having the lucky roll, which happened to me few times, since I rarely use the dices. Laughing 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Emphasis mine. It is intentional, and done for that very purpose, to make the Pain Elemental as annoying as possible. After all, most weapons in AEoD obliterate Lost Souls with ease.
I didn't know it was on purpose, I always thought it was a bug. Shocked 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
You are quite right here, though.
Thanks, at least I got one right. Very Happy 

Anyway, what are your thoughts about my other bugs/suggestions I found?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
avatar

Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Ok, let's see. Take in count I'm not a dev, just a beta tester.

FistMarine wrote:
-Perhaps add a monster that can turn you into chicken once again? (the antichickenator is still here BTW, only appears at random coupled with Radiation Suits). I kinda miss being a chicken but yeah, having those hellions in place of an imp was a bad idea. Perhaps an Arch Vile class monster which uses sprites of an edited Hexen mage? Maybe the cultist sprites from Realm667? He will have a chance of 75% of dropping an antichickenator. So that you are prepared next time you fight him. The only way to get turned into chicken in V6 is to have a morph spell available and fire at a Voodoo doll (found in custom maps) or by using command "morphme chickenplay
DBT and MC have stated they won't use Realm667 monsters, all you see in AEoD was either ripped by them or contributed to them. As for chicken morphing monsters, they were removed because of balance issues if I recall correctly.

FistMarine wrote:
-Reduce Phoenix spawn rate(?) Sorry but in latest version appears more often than in V5 where it was very rare (now it's about same spawn rate as in V3-V4) even if doesn't kill anymore in one hit when have enough health and armor, it's a pain in ass to get rid of, if I don't have morph spell. I had once to get it crushed under door to stop resurrection (and that happened in one lucky case when I avoided being completely damaged by it). Maybe that's just me but hate fighting this thing often, have to use monster infighting if available or if not, something else like using a damage reduction powerup, stone of temperance, have enough health/armor to survive blow up attack, etc.
You must be the unluckiest guy on Earth then, I have in the last month completed several megawads without encountering a single one, since they are pretty rare monsters. Granted, they are more common in Magic & Fantasy modes, but even then they don't appear that often.

FistMarine wrote:
-Add a Corvus evil player clone (maybe he can have a morph spell attack mentioned above, which rarely fires at you but can still be a surprise), because you already added BUILD games heroes, as well as DoomGuy and Hexen players, but what about Corvus from Heretic, which could use his weapons as well? Oh and BJ from Wolfenstein 3D as well. XD
That would be cool.

FistMarine wrote:
-Quake 2 gunner and enforcer have switched "see" sounds (this bug was in earlier versions as well). In case you don't know, the enforcer is Quake 2 chaingunner, while the gunner is the one where has chaingun and grenade launcher. I suspect the shield version of gunner (which has nailgun and frag grenades) has the same bug that it uses enforcer's see sound. Maybe you should look into their sound code or just modify the sound file name to each other to apply changes.
You should post this in the bugs section.

FistMarine wrote:
Remove the spinning blade from ROTT, it doesn't fit as being monster. It's also annoying to kill when in large open areas when you killed all those demons and this thing is still alive because he cannot be destroyed unless he is doing the attack, then he can be killed. It's also very distracting in huge battles. It might be good to be included in joke mode.
Emphasis mine. That's is exactly its purpose, to get you off guard when you're battling other monsters. Besides, I don't think MC would be cool with removing it, considering that he was the one who ripped all ROTT baddies you see in AEoD.

FistMarine wrote:
-Golden Hexen 2 archer is also overpowered, killed me many times due to his perfect timed shots that do too much damage.
The red shots indeed do a lot of damage, as they should, seeing that this guy behaves exactly as he did in Hexen 2. Strafing is your friend.

FistMarine wrote:
-I hate so much Hexen Cleric boss' super instakill attack, killed me few times even if I had full health/armor (500) and medkits in inventory, if I got hit by his whole attack, seriously. He is one of the hardest and trickiest bosses to get rid of, his dodging and moving is fast and annoying as hell! Nothing is worse than missing a good shot of one of your powerful weapons and then he responds with a "fuck you" by launching that devastating insta-kill attack.
Protip: The stone of temperance is your friend. But yeah, Hexen bosses are among the hardest in AEoD.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks again for reply! I appreciate when someone listens to everything I say. Wink 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
DBT and MC have stated they won't use Realm667 monsters, all you see in AEoD was either ripped by them or contributed to them. As for chicken morphing monsters, they were removed because of balance issues if I recall correctly.
I was thinking of a higher class monster doing that, an ArchVile or a CyberDemon because I know having a low-class monster doing that would kill the balance, like did in V5. My Corvus idea mentioned above, should have it included in next version, if the devs approve this.
SPOILER:
 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
You must be the unluckiest guy on Earth then, I have in the last month completed several megawads without encountering a single one, since they are pretty rare monsters. Granted, they are more common in Magic & Fantasy modes, but even then they don't appear that often.
I play on Classic mode and even encountered two more today, first one killed me (granted I didn't had enough health/armor/medkits to survive) but I succeed second time, thanks for monster infighting and in later one it exploded because of my attacks, but it was far away and didn't take too much health. Laughing 

I also agree that I am unlucky here, since I played Kama Sutra megawad and here are lots of monsters (the Phoenix appears in place of Pain Elemental) and the thing is that I play at HMP difficulty, normally I play at UV in most wads but when it's slaughter maps like HR2 and KS, I play at a lower difficulty setting.

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Emphasis mine. That's is exactly its purpose, to get you off guard when you're battling other monsters. Besides, I don't think MC would be cool with removing it, considering that he was the one who ripped all ROTT baddies you see in AEoD.
I thought it would fit better if it was only available in Joke mode, like do some of the monsters which are exclusive to this mode. Smile 

Mr.Kosta wrote:
The red shots indeed do a lot of damage, as they should, seeing that this guy behaves exactly as he did in Hexen 2. Strafing is your friend.
That's true, he caught me few times by surprise, otherwise he isn't much of a treat.

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Protip: The stone of temperance is your friend. But yeah, Hexen bosses are among the hardest in AEoD.
I know, I used it many times I fought him but normally I use inventory items if I have 2 or more, since starting next level resets them all to 1 (default Heretic behavior), it would be a waste to either have the duplicate unused or to have used one that you will need in later levels. However you might ask why I'm not using inventory items often is because I'm keeping them in case of emergency, if situation gets too tough (example enter in a room FULL of monsters, activate Pentagram of Protection, Ice Shield, etc) and if it's a monster that it's too tough to beat and don't bother fighting him directly (today I encountered Demilich for second time in all of my AEOD playthroughs) and I used an Icon of Summoning to take him out. However my friendly Heresiarch didn't take him out directly, so I still had to take him out by my weapons, in final I succeed with low health (however I still had enough medkits in inventory) but I got his weapon. Twisted Evil You get the idea. Razz 

I hope I didn't spoiled too much and thanks again for reply! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5086
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm

1. This is for bugs only. Suggestions should go in the main talk.

2. Each bug needs to be reported on an individual basis, in their own topics.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version   

Back to top Go down
 
[Closed]Bugs and Suggestions for next version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Auferstehung For Doom2 Cleaned Up Version
» nwn.bioware.com - the official NWN Bioware Forums are CLOSED.
» Version 1.6 update
» What version of Ivanhoe is the strongest
» Unable to validate game version.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk :: Closed Bugs v6.x-
Jump to: