» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

That's a lot of shotguns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: That's a lot of shotguns.   Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:39 pm

• (3) SPAS Shotgun - The quintessential starter shotgun.  A one-shot blunderbus of a weapon.
  • (3) Assault Shotgun - The shotgun from Quake 4, apparently.  I feel like this weapon does slightly less damage than it ought to, considering the fact that it needs to reload for quite a while after eight shots.  This is one of the first weapons I would toss out in favor of another weapon.
  • (4) Riot gun - Oh it's a decent-enough weapon.  There's a part of me that feels like the damage it puts out can be amplified by a point or two, but it does fire quite quickly, and best yet, it reloads quickly as well.  I like that just fine.
  • (4) Combat Manual Rifle - This is the shotgun that I hate.  I feel like it does way too little damage, merely converting shotgun shells to like, two or three regular bullets.  Shells are more valuable than two bullets each.  If you want a rifle that fires fast and packs a punch, take the MP5.  If you ask my opinion, this gun can be scrapped.  Either that, or upgraded.
  • (4) Blood Shotgun - (Can be doubled-up.) It's exactly what you'd expect from a slightly sawed-off Shotgun. 
  • (4) Double Barreled Shotgun - Feels the same as the Blood Shotgun, but can't be doubled up.
  • (4) Combat Shotgun - This is definitely my second favorite shotgun.  Its primary fire is a double-barreled shotgun fire, and quite explosive at that.  Its alt-fire, on the other hand, is actually explosive, using four shells to deliver one hell of a punch.  Very satisfying.  I do so love this shotgun.
  • (4) Painkiller Shotgun - Feels slightly more powerful than your average Shotgun, and its alt-fire can freeze enemies.  Fires decently quickly for a double-barrel by default.  Not bad. 
  • (3) Mephisto Shellshocker - Despite being in Tier 3, this feels like an amazing shotgun.  It legitimately does a lot of damage, has a shocking alt-fire, and it fires very, very quickly, which is such a wonderful thing for a shotgun.  I honestly love this weapon.  So much so, in fact, that I'm not putting it in numerical order. 
  • (7) Vulcan Cannon - This is not a shotgun.  But I'll be damned if this isn't the most impressive piece of rapid-fire hardware I've ever seen.  Remember that shotgun "The Devastator" from the Realm667 Armory?  The one that can fire 40 shells in five seconds or less?  The one that can throw a Cyberdemon against the wall before it even sees you because it suddenly and mysteriously doesn't have any eyes, or even a head?   I can't even finish this paragraph properly.  I have to go find a towel to mop up the drool.
  • (8} The Bone Duster - Now this is a shotgun.  An actual Shotgun that can fire between 5 and 20 shells into a thing and make it wish that you simply had not done that just then.  It's all work and no games.  git 'r dun, as it were.
  • (8} Should I count the Bone Shotgun?  It doesn't even use shells.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything.  But yeah, that's a lot of shotguns.  Most of them do different things, but there hasn't been a topic on shotguns in a while, so, hey there.

Last edited by ShadowTiger on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Yes, the bone shotgun is a shotgun. It's just a magical shotgun (more like unholy) instead of mechanical.

Several other important abilities of the bone duster:

• Sets whatever's nearest to you and in the way on fire.
  • The fire doesn't hurt you.
  • With 3 or more clips, you can proceed to shotgun jump yourself out of harm's way and seriously wound enemies while doing so.
  • Deals radial damage so things around you alone will still be hurt.
  • Always makes enemies flinch. Great for interrupting or for those moments when you need enemies like the baphomet to cause a massive distraction with his retaliatory shockwaves.
  • You can switch away while reloading at any time in the event of an emergency.
  • Always gibs.
  • You can never carry more than 20 shells in the clip. Yes, I took care of that one cheat on purpose.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:10 am

Assault Shotgun? I have no recollection of ever seeing it.

Is it an enemy specific weapon or a very rare spawn drop?

Also, you can never have too many shotguns. Cool
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 am

Colossus wrote:
Assault Shotgun? I have no recollection of ever seeing it.

Is it an enemy specific weapon or a very rare spawn drop?
It apparently drops from the Half Life 2 Combine.  That's the only enemy I see that drops it.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:13 am

OH, now I remember! But you made a mistake, it's the Q4 shotgun, not Doom 3. That's why it bugged me to Hell and back.

Yes, that's a situational weapon imo. It's great against low level enemies, say anything below Revenant, but after that it's usually better to switch to something bigger.

Also, the CMR is a perfect sniper alternative, despite its use of shells.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Sorry if I am late to reply but here are my thoughts about the shotguns you mentioned:

Quote :
SPAS Shotgun
I found this shotgun good for when at beginning of the game but when you find another shotgun, there is no reason to change back to that shotgun since is the weakest. Wink 

Quote :
Assault Shotgun
I've found this shotgun rarely and I agree that the damage should be a bit increased, since it takes a lot of time to reload all 8 shots. However you can interrupt reloading by shooting in that moment, so you are not entirely vulnerable to enemies while reloading. Razz 

Quote :
Riot gun
The altfire is your friend if you want to shoot very fast and kill high-class monsters within a few shots.

Quote :
Combat Manual Rifle
Personally I've found this weapon extremely useful for sniping since the shell is concentrated in a single bullet, it shoots fast and reloads instantly, though it gets quite annoying to have to wait to reload every time you waste all the shoots or when you want to have it fully loaded. Smile 

Quote :
Blood Shotgun
I've found them pretty good too, although I can't understand why this weapon when dual wielded, can still autoswitch, even if you have autoswitch on pickup, disabled.

Quote :
Double Barreled Shotgun
I like this shotgun, it does good damage and reloads quickly too!

Quote :
Combat Shotgun
I don't remember this shotgun at all, can you post a picture of this shotgun please? I could have sworn I found this shotgun before, but it doesn't come in my mind right now! Rolling Eyes 

Quote :
Painkiller Shotgun
I don't really like this shotgun since I'm not a fan of 3D model weapon sprites, but the damage it's pretty good.

Quote :
Mephisto Shellshocker
This is my second favorite shotgun in the entire mod but I haven't found at all in V6 or I am missing something? I don't remember using this weapon in V6 at all, despite going through wads like HR2, KS, etc. Shocked (might be because I'm playing on Classic Mode all the time and some weapons are only found in certain modes)

Quote :
Vulcan Cannon
That weapon is so cool (and rare too)!

Quote :
The Bone Duster
This is probably my favorite shotgun out of there, even if uses huge amount of shells, they are found everywhere (as far as I found in custom maps).

Each has its own pros and cons, so I'd like to keep them all! Very Happy

EDIT: A little suggestion regarding those green orbs at beginning of the game: It is possible to make them give other shotgun-class weapons too? I'm tired of getting only SPAS Shotgun and Serpent Staff!
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Here's the Combat Shotgun:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm

FistMarine wrote:

Quote :
Combat Shotgun
I don't remember this shotgun at all, can you post a picture of this shotgun please? I could have sworn I found this shotgun before, but it doesn't come in my mind right now! Rolling Eyes 
It's the one that fires exploding shells with its alt fire. It's slow as hell, but it packs a nice punch.

And you guys forgot about the Bone Shotgun, which holds the distinction of being one of the only few weapons that use dark mana. Mass Defile FTW!

P.S: Mass Defile is actually a killer name for a band. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am

Ah, so that was the Combat Shotgun! Surprised  Thanks guys! I knew I was forgetting something. Razz 

It seems like I'm starting to forget things about AEOD, because of school that started since yesterday. I think I should get back to play some more AEOD soon! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 am

Colossus wrote:
Also, you can never have too many shotguns. Cool
scuse me i call bullshit

Mr. Kosta wrote:
And you guys forgot about the Bone Shotgun, which holds the distinction of being one of the only few weapons that use dark mana. Mass Defile FTW!
It was already mentioned, OP just said he wasn't sure if it should be considered. I told him yes. Razz

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Believe it or not, this thread was inspired by an eyebrow twitch when I switched between the Blood Shotgun and the Double Barreled Shotgun.

That's it.  That's really it.  

Is the high point of the Blood Shotgun that it's slightly common'ish and can be used Akimbo?   ... and the selling point of the Double Barreled that it's slightly more powerful and forceful than the Blood Shotgun?  Because they feel otherwise the same.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:48 pm

What Cooke, you dont like Shotguns? It's the quint-essential weapon for killing hordes of monsters, and having a variety to choose from... perfection.

Well, often the choosing is taken away by the randomizer, but still, is there a better feeling than using a big shotgun to blow a hole the size of a basket ball in the chest of a blood-thirsty Revenant?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:39 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:

Is the high point of the Blood Shotgun that it's slightly common'ish and can be used Akimbo?   ... and the selling point of the Double Barreled that it's slightly more powerful and forceful than the Blood Shotgun? 
Pretty much, yeah.

I use the Blood Shotgun way more often, just for the akimbo awesomeness. But in a pinch, the Double Barrelled can do just fine if you're careful with the reload time.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Colossus wrote:
What Cooke, you dont like Shotguns? It's the quint-essential weapon for killing hordes of monsters, and having a variety to choose from... perfection.

Well, often the choosing is taken away by the randomizer, but still, is there a better feeling than using a big shotgun to blow a hole the size of a basket ball in the chest of a blood-thirsty Revenant?
Likely because there are times when I sorely need the use of hitstun to survive an encounter.  Reloading a shotgun, however short it is, leaves me uncomfortably vulnerable.  AEoD has a LOT of enemies that can severely punish you for not being tactical, often times simply because of their quantity, much less quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's a lot of shotguns.   Today at 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down

That's a lot of shotguns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1