» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

That Terraria Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:39 pm

1.2.  I remember waiting eight months for it.  When the rumors began in January that something big was happening, it was a fantastic, bewilderingly beautiful moment.  Even better that they happened to be true! Razz 

So now, here we are.  It's been more than two weeks since its unveiling, and I'm sure the majority of those who enjoy the game have long-since done everything there is to do in it.  I know I sure have.  I probably did everything at the end of my third day. 

Now the Halloween patch is being worked on.  We already have pumpkins, pumpkin guns, and a Creeper (Minecraft, yes.) costume.  Lots of costumes, apparently.  Pretty neat.

So, while we're here, post your towns!  I have all of mine on my steam page.  As of this post, it's the top-most seven images.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 pm

I actually saw the news but I didn't think much of it. It was much a startling surprise to me when I finally saw something on my little steam list of downloads completed indicating Terraria had been upgraded. I was like... "Hmmm... Could it be back?" And upon entering HOLYSHITITSALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

These are the best kind of surprises -- not knowing that an update has been in the works for a long time and it being sprung on me so suddenly, it's dragged me in much more than those who've been waiting for so long for it.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 pm

You're probably a lot better off for having the surprise.  I had my ear to the ground every step of the way, and there's a darn good probability that something was ruined for me.  Like, it spread the surprise and goodness and fun out rather than condense it into one lengthy experience.

In any case, what's your favorite part of the update so far?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:12 pm

That's what I thought as well. So far, I'm liking the massive grind quest for keys and pirates for the damned coin launcher. However, the ranged weapons really got the shaft which is quite disappointing, even if there's two (or more) to come later. However, I love how Chlorophyte is self-replenishing. So it means unlimited farming for chlorophyte and making homing bullets which I have yet to create.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I never did get to make those homing bullets...

It's definitely, definitely worth the grind for those keys.  Here's one method for doing so.  (Or you can use an inventory editor, since, y'know, we all have lives.)   The Vampire Knives are soooo worth it.  They heal you for a tenth of the damage they do, and it fires the knives quite quickly and for free.

The heat ray from the Golem used to cost no mana, too.  A shame that changed.
Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:55 pm

A good friend of mine gifted me that game today, I have good expectations on it. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Bah. I'm not going to set up auto-grinders unless I want pirate maps. I've gotten a meteorite to actually land in my drained out ocean, ironically. Saved me the trouble of having to do so myself! Very Happy

The reason I'm not going to do that grinding is because I found it to be much more fun to hunt down for OTHER enemy drops (like Chaos Elemental's Rod of Discord). I.e. I was hunting it down yesterday when, suddenly without expecting it, a hallowed key dropped right in front of my very eyes. I about pissed myself with joy, but I didn't stop there. I kept going until I managed to accumulate the rod of discord. This has drawn me into playing the game much more than if I had just sat there and done a number on grinding myself silly. In fact, I hope they remove that ability though, via use of traps.

The whole point is to give people the thrill of the adventure by actually WORKING for it. It's just like in AEoD. You can't get the goods without doing it right or cheating!

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 am

Im going to replay terraria when my friends decide they want to. Btw, if you like terraria you should keep an eye on starbound. Its believed that game will be basically the next generation of terraria.

The main diffrence that I see is that there are several diffrent races to play as, all monsters are randomly generated and so are apparently many of the wepaons. Both in design and ability. In addition you dont play on one world you play on planets and you can use your spaceship to travel to other planets which will have not only diffrent random monsters but also diffrent biomes altogether. The planets are of course randomly generated and apparently so are the plants. The planets also have diffrent "levels" of difficulty, no idea what that actually stands for but in the preview the monsters were much thougher in the harder ones.

Also there is some type of rpg element in the game where there are villages you can trade in and get quests.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Yes, I've been watching that since it was announced.  One of Terraria's  original sprite artists, Tiy, is among the masterminds behind Starbound.  Ain't that interesting now.  Maybe that's why he was behind Terraria in the first place: because it was so similar to Starbound and its concepts.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Terraria as well as the concepts of Starbound.  I'm really not too sure what it is about Terraria that is so enchanting, but I think I might enjoy building and getting new items and upgrading them more than I will in Starbound, and actually exploring and adventuring in Starbound more than I enjoy exploring in Terraria.  There's not much to actually explore in Terraria anyway that you don't actually build yourself.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:05 pm

There's going to be a Terraria 2, you know that, right?

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:40 am

Major Cooke wrote:
There's going to be a Terraria 2, you know that, right?
Im sure there will be, but they havent started on that game yet and starbound is going beta this year. I rather look forward to that than wait for another potential episode 3 game.

A terraria 2 would be very interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 am

Well UNLIKE valve, for your information, Redigit came out and said he was quitting terraria... and then he announced he was coming back. Valve? Not a fuckin' peep. Redigit keeps us in the loop. Valve doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 am

True true, but just because you begin to make a game doesnt mean it will be finished soon. Infact it will probably take 3 years or so until we see terriaria 2. Infact if they released terraria 2 earlier than starbound it will most likely have been a product released too early.

Also while valve are completely assholes when it comes to giving out information, there is no doubt that most people think most of thier products are of exceptional quality. In a way that is what matters most. As such I think its fair for them to push release dates, especially on games none has actually paid for (unlike the ridiculus early beta access games).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Terraria Thread.   

Back to top Go down

That Terraria Thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1