» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

I hate Phoenixes!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: I hate Phoenixes!!!   Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi, I know it's been said so many times that this monster is overpowered and gave players a lot of trouble (including myself) but even if it has been nerfed so many times, somehow it still manages to be a big pain in ass. Shocked 

IMO the Phoenix isn't the worst monster ever but it appears way to often and sometimes it has an insta-kill melee attack. The explosion damage is OK (in early versions the explosion could insta-kill you EVEN IN GOD MODE) but the melee attack is still a problem in latest version. silent 

I started a new megawad (Community Chest 3) and in MAP03, the first Pain Elemental class-monster decided to be a Phoenix! Of course I just ran away from it hoping to kill the Phoenix under a door to be squashed (so it will not revive) and somehow managed to kill me instantly, when I had over 300 health and about 200 armor AND TWELVE MEDKITS in inventory! How the hell were the medkits bypassed? Evil or Very Mad 

Anyway here is a screenshot of me killed by Phoenix:

The second try I managed to get him but he actually exploded on me, so I still lost a large amount of health and all the armor but I had to sacrifice myself, eh? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: I hate Phoenixes!!!   Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Morph spell or protection rune are your friends.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: I hate Phoenixes!!!   Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 pm

So are rail weapons, and raising spells/abilities.

Yes, I said rail weapons, especially the AWP. Shoot that fucker while he's charging and he'll explod before he even gets to you.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: I hate Phoenixes!!!   Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks for replies guys!

Mr. Kosta wrote:
Morph spell or protection rune are your friends.
At the moment I did not have any morph spell (I wished I had one, that's the first thing I looked when I saw the Phoenix) because the game decided to spawn TWO Chaos Spells in previous levels, which are pretty useless (I know how all spells work) but I hate how the game decides to spawn the weakest so often. I neither had the protection rune but I found that letting the Phoenix explode on your face was better than fighting with it directly, even if costed much health, I find health easy in these levels (note the medkits in inventory) and I play at UV. Rolling Eyes 

Major Cooke wrote:
So are rail weapons, and raising spells/abilities.

Yes, I said rail weapons, especially the AWP. Shoot that fucker while he's charging and he'll explod before he even gets to you.
Again, I was at beginning of game and didn't have any rail weapons but I did have few powerful weapons and that was OK for me. My only complaint was how often spawns this thing. Wink 

I also hate some of the weapon spawners, like the Chaos Spell (why it spawns so often because ruins my chance to get other powerful spells like the Morph one that I want so much) and how rare the shotgun is at beginning of game.
I know there are those green orbs dropped by shotgunners but when I was at beginning of game, I killed many monsters (many of which were zombies, imps, etc) and I only used the pistol because there weren't shotgunners around. And there was a place where a shotgun was supposed to spawn, yet it spawned a DAMN PISTOL! Evil or Very Mad What was the point of another pistol other than dual wielding? It works better if it's dropped by the Zombieman that carries the pistol and keep the shotgun spawner only for shotguns and weapons like that. It's just that I run out of ammo quickly because I have only pistols in hand, as well as 80 shells that can't use them because I don't have any shotgun.

Thanks and I hope in next patch these issues get fixed. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate Phoenixes!!!   Today at 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down

I hate Phoenixes!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1