» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Suggestions for new version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 8:48 am

Hi, I know that an update is on the way but before it gets released, I'd like to express some suggestions I had in my head for next version:

Monsters:
-Corvus Player Clone (Will use Heretic weapons against you and sometimes a very rare morph attack. Appears in place of an ArchVile)
-Master Chief (I hate MC very much and would like to see him in AEOD to kick his ass. Not sure what weapons he uses against you. Appears in place of Baron of Hell)
-Recon Patrol Vehicle and Pig Cop Tank (both from Duke Nukem 3D, Recon Vehicle will appear in place of Cacodemon or Pain Elemental, and Pig Tank will appear in place of Arachnotron. When destroyed, they will sometimes drop a Pig Cop.)

Weapons:
-Shrink Ray (I had this idea since in early versions of AEOD. Weapon should appear in place of Plasma Gun/BFG. Uses 10 cells and should affect only low-tier monsters, it can't affect Barons or anything above that. Monsters hit by ball will either get instantly shrunk or they will take damage until their health reaches 1 and then they get shrunk. The shrunken monsters will not attack you and will try to run away from you until they return to normal size in 10 seconds or if the latter idea is used, they will not revert anymore. This works as an alternate morph spell but it's much more useful and can be used by enemies as well, such as Duke Nukem. As stated above, the Barons, Mancubi, Arachnotrons, Spider Masterminds, CyberDemons and some other special monsters (like the Protector Drone) are immune to this weapon and they will receive no damage from it.)

That's all for now, if I remember anything else, I will edit this post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 9:42 am

• Master Chief - I don't know for sure. However, DBThanatos might not take it. My main concern is where can I find sprites of him and the likes.
  • Pig Cop Tank/Recon - Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys! Thanks for reminding me of them. I'll see if I can get a hold of the duke nukem sprites... They're around here somewhere. The tank will have a chance to run enemies over if their health is low enough.
  • Shrinker - Too much work for too little gain, not to mention it'd be a total pain to balance out. No. Sorry.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks for reply!

Major Cooke wrote:
Pig Cop Tank/Recon - Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys! Thanks for reminding me of them. I'll see if I can get a hold of the duke nukem sprites... They're around here somewhere. The tank will have a chance to run enemies over if their health is low enough.

That's cool, I would like to see that. Laughing

Major Cooke wrote:
Shrinker - Too much work for too little gain, not to mention it'd be a total pain to balance out. No. Sorry.

I was thinking the Shrinker will not make it and yeah, I know that you have to get every actor to have a shrink state but maybe I can help with that. I remember few years ago I was messing around with Daniel's ARSENAL weapon mod that had a Shrink ray and then I edited some Realm667 monsters to add the shrink state and test them. The result was funny but I agree that it takes too much work and it's not that worth in the end. After all there is the Morph spell, which works both on monsters and on player.

Also there are more monsters from games such as Quake series that are not in mod and should be: Gremlin, Centroid and Armagon (Quake 1 Scourge of Armagon), Dragon (Quake 1 Dissolution of Eternity), Technician (Quake 2), Gekk (Quake 2 The Reckoning), Black Widow (Quake 2 Ground Zero) and much more. I'm not saying there should be ALL of them but I think some of them should be added since there are already some monsters from mission packs.

What do you think about Corvus Clone and the new suggestions I listed above? And when is the new patch being released? Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Corvus? Remind me who that guy is. I didn't play much of Halo.

I wouldn't know anything about ripping Quake sprites unfortunately so if DBThanatos wants to do those, more power to him.

No ETAs currently. Development has slowed quite a bit until recently as I'm working to kick things back into gear.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 pm

I was talking about the hero from Heretic:
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Corvus
 Razz 

About the patch, don't worry, I can wait. I just started few minutes ago playing Mayhem 2012 wad on Joke Mode for first time (before I only played on Classic mode but I read that the Joke mode includes much more stuff) and it's fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Fri May 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Probably the Heretic 1 version of Corvus would be easier to rip.

Hexen Corvus Sprite Rip - This one would work fine, theoretically.  Corvus wasn't in hexen, so I don't know why it's .. for .. Hexen. O.o   Seriously, it doesn't matter. Razz

Buuut then there's also the Corvus from Heretic 2.  Definitely a fun game, way back in the day, but I don't think it's too rippable.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 am

Yes, the Corvus from Heretic 1 is what I meant too but wiki seems to have a screenshot of Corvus from Heretic 2. Sorry for all that confusion. Razz 

Well, these are nice sprites right here, I remember there was a mod that had Corvus class in Hexen and used these sprites but the link died and can't find it anymore. silent

EDIT: I didn't play any Halo games either but I just mentioned Master Chief because it'd be cool to fight him in AEOD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new version   Today at 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for new version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1