» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Not AEoD] No weapons at start?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: [Not AEoD] No weapons at start?   Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:40 pm

So today I decided to play Mayhem 2048 megawad after finishing Memento Mori since I like playing wads that were played and are being played now at DoomWorld's Mega Club. I downloaded the megawad and loaded with AEOD. When I start first map on Joke Mode, I have no weapons at all, so I can't fight. After spending few minutes trying to find a weapon, I get the shotgun from a green orb dropped by a monster and later I get a ice type weapon dropped by another monster. Then I finally make my way and finish the level and then when I start the second one, game type changes to Classic mode and I get the pistol and knife, while the pistol is selected as if I started a new game. Though the inventory acquired in previous level is intact, so fortunately nothing was lost.Very Happy

Download link for Mayhem 2048: https://www.mediafire.com/?kge65c7e3pk5szz

Note that playing this wad in regular Doom 2 you start normally with pistol and fist but in AEOD, you start with nothing. I tried other modes too, you start without weapons and it is first time happening. I've had no problems with other megawads. Can someone confirm this bug? Thanks.Smile
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] No weapons at start?   Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:38 am

AEoD, IIRC, is only guaranteed to run with 100% vanilla maps. Though there have been and will be measures taken to improve its compatibility with projects that use modern features, it's all far from done and will never be done to the end, probably, because it's sort of impossible. It's kinda like "try modern wads at your own risk" most of the time.

Now to this one:
It's not AEoD's fault, it's about the wad. For some unknown reason (maybe it's just a mistake by wad makers), MAP35 has levelnum 01, which equals levelnum of MAP01. This probably confuses AEoD.

To fix it on your side:
1. Open MAYhem2048-plm2.wad in your favorite wad editor
2. Go to MAPINFO lump
3. Go to line 283 (MAP35 levelnum)
4. Change it from levelnum 01 to levelnum 35

And there you go: the game, hopefully, starts as it should. At least it did for me.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] No weapons at start?   Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 am

Thank you, worked like a charm! I started a new game on joke mode and everything worked fine, I'm on level 3 now.Very Happy

EDIT: Yes I realize that AEOD isn't compatible with newer megawads but I actually enjoy playing them too, only megawads I don't play are ones that are heavily scripted. The only bad thing about newer megawads is also the fact that you can't jump or crouch, which is intended for not breaking maps using ZDoom but in AEOD, it makes harder to dodge monsters projectiles.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] No weapons at start?   Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 pm

6.03 will be much more compatible with newer megawads. I've already completed the changes to ensure it's as compatible as possible with future maps and such.

(I suggest pushing level 35 to level 60, if you want to remain compatible with switching between my Happy Time Circus II map pack and this.)

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] No weapons at start?   

Back to top Go down

[Not AEoD] No weapons at start?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1