» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Version: AEOD 6.02
zdoom Version: 2.6.0 (r3730)(Jul 1 2012)

What happened was, I rolled dice for "reinforcements". Some of them died and one dropped this "9mm colts" which goes into "slot 3".

On pickup, does not switch to weapon. Upon cycling through "slot 3", only goes through my other 2 weapons but never to the "9mm colts", thus making this weapon unusable and undroppable.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

For some strange reason, I cannot find where the code to the player clones is at, at all... I'd fix it, but unfortunately that's the biggest issue I'm encountering at the moment.

In the mean time, open the console (press ` or ~ if you don't know what that is) and type this:

Code:
take weapon3count 1

I'll make sure to remove that pistol code for an upcoming patch.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Im closing this one as I have tested it, and I cant reproduce, yet this being an old report, I dont even know what was what happened. In either case, I checked the drops of the marines and some of them call to old actors that dont even exist somehow.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 am

I think this was fixed back when it was reported, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Happened again but this time for weapon slot 4, except this time, I do not know what I picked up. Playing Freudian Slipgate and noticed the problem when I tried to pick up the Sawed-Off but only have 2 weapons in slot 4, 4 maps into the wad. Reloaded the autosave, must have picked up something in the previous level (1-3).

Save posted in case you can see into the save what I actually have in slot 4.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B91BArvF8hZLa3VUMXY1cWpRWTg

(I like how google drive shows the screenshot of whats happening when the save took place)

Major Cooke wrote:
Code:
take weapon3count 1
This works to remove the glitched unusable weapon (weapon4count 1 in this case).

Cheats was not used. Mode was AEOD Classic.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 pm

q2k2k wrote:
(I like how google drive shows the screenshot of whats happening when the save took place)
Google Drive sees through the filename!
The savegame is at its heart a normal PNG image, with game data appended in extra non-standard chunks. You can bind an image viewer to open your savegames and it will actually open the embedded screenshots.

As for Freudian Slipgate, there is more than one version of this wad available online. Would you please give link to the one you downloaded?

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Also, if this is 6.06.1, please make a new thread.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:32 pm

I am not currently using the newest version which is why I posted here. I will upgrade after all uncompleted wads that I made progress in have been completed. Just wasn't sure if upgrading would break my saves.

Here is the version of Freudslp.wad that I am currently using.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B91BArvF8hZLUFRMNXpGbkt5Q1k
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Also, take in count that this is for reports on version 6.06.2+
Bug reports for older AEoD versions (6.03) might or might not be investigated by the development team.

I'm the kind of person that vouches for not going to the past, because way too many changes to ZDoom have occurred to the point where that old scripting language is completely alien to me. So even if I could re-learn it, it'd be moot. Chances are I'd just break shit even worse than before, so no thank you.

You're far better off just getting the new version and restarting the playthrough. It's worth it, you'll see.

Yes, it will break your saves.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"   

Back to top Go down

[Closed] AEOD 6.02 picking up "9mm colts" no weapon but takes up "slot 3"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1