» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

What's your favorite theme/mode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Classic AEoD
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Joke Mode
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Generalized (specify)
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Single game (specify)
16%
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:13 am

I'm running this poll out of pure curiosity.

Personally, I mostly use Classic AEoD. I've been playing AEoD for a long time, and most of that time it's been "all-in-one" which now is called. I'd be using Joke Mode if not these noclipping monsters and Cave Johnson's rants. I seriously don't like these cheating monsters. I like freelook, jumping, crouching and using one-click-one-shot weapons in fully automatic mode, but when monsters attempt to bend the rules... I say "no, guys, that's unfair"  Razz
When I'm showing AEoD to people, I'm usually using Demonesque/Doom generalized theme. It resembles Doom more, it's easier to grasp, and it's more random than just Doom theme.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 am

It's interesting. I do like a lot the super randomizer, however with v6, I found a new love under the games/themes.

I have to say, Im not a big fan of the joke mode. It's amusing, yes, but it was never the intent. I remember other randomizers did have "funny" content (mostly stupid crap) and to me, it looked bad. I know these words might bite me in the ass, but I always wanted some quality content, and the whole idea of having "funny" stuff around, to my eyes, made it look cheap.

Eventually we added the joke mode, because to be honest, there's some good stuff there. And I can play it, of course, but it's definitely not my preferred mode.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:30 am

Classic AEoD is the way to go. Joke mode is nice too, but the Black Bears really put me off. If it werent for them, I'd be at Joke Mode every time I play.

Out of the general themes, I like the Fantasy theme most. I find magical weapons the most fun, though you can't go wrong with the Redeemer or the Proteus Dynamo either...
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 am

My favorite is obviously the Classic mode. Razz

For Joke mode, it's not only the black bears that bother me but also misc stuff such as those damn spiders, rats, civilians and scientists that get into way and serve no purpose at all other than being an annoyance to the player. I prefer to kill them all! Twisted Evil Oh and also I fucking hate those portal cores and nyan cacodemons, they are SO annoying! They are even more annoying than monsters themselves because they can't be killed (I hope in next version they will be killable) and they do all kind of weird shit, plus they distract the player, which is bad when you are fighting a monster and suddenly a core flies in front of your face. They (the cores) always manage to annoy me with their farting and flying all over place, sometimes even clipping through walls and teleporting. Seriously! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah, these cores are the next worst thing about Joke Mode. But I've heard that's on purpose.
I try not to kill civilians when I venture into the Joke Mode. I even think there should be a bonus for this "humanism". Say, if not a single civilian died on a map, you enter next map with full health. Seems like a compensation for not eating their hearts, right?
Nyancodemons, on the other hand, are very rare and very cute flower
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:29 pm

I'll put in a max 1 per level rule on them all.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:07 am

I was actually thinking about a civilian rescue system that awards you with something if you manage to keep them alive, though I don't think health should be the award, unless by full health you mean 500 or even 666! I mean seriously, most of the maps I finished with 300+ health and armor (even 500 in many cases). Shouldn't the award be a rare weapon or something that's actually worth? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite theme/mode?   Today at 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1