» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

(Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:35 pm

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm

That's such a crazy map. I had a hell of a time getting through all those monsters without the Shock Rifle.

I didn't think the Plutonium Cannon was that powerful. I should use it more often.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Thanks for the preview pic, DBT! It's surely a good thing now that we get to see some action in the thumbnail. I both see that it's a part of HC20 series by your "Jesus, the pimp" image and how cool it is to rape a petty Anubis zombie with the mighty ring of fire!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 am

WARNING: In this episode I touch a rather delicate subject. "TRIGGER WARNING" (maybe someone will understand the irony there).

If you're easily offended by someone else's opinions, I recommend you to NOT watch this video.

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Honestly, this topic isn't new. It was started 20 years ago, then it died out over time, and now it's just firing back up again. It's even on the wikipedia description of how it was commercially targeted as the means of causing school shootings back in the 90's.

12:02 Awesome. Glad you remember. Razz

Also to tack on when you say "Of course games are violent!", Turky wants to ban Minecraft.

15:24 lol!

23:45 *SSCHLLRPSCHLRPSCHLRPSCHLRPSCHLRPSCHLRP* Laughing

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:20 am

@Cooke: LOL about the leg sucking.

And, now with it's thumbnail

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:22 pm

@1:26 I almost accidentally gave away the program we were talking through. Razz

Also, folks, for those who don't realize, DBThanatos and I live WAAAAY far apart. In totally different countries in fact (as you can tell as I mentioned English is his second language). Such a long distance relationship is why words take so long to reach one another. Like that goddamn pony express... Poor muleboy had his nuts chomped off by a 'gator, sir, that's why the letter didn't get to you.

Simpler explanation: Internet travelling might be fast, but not fast enough for me to see sudden events and react to them like the smartass I am. Yes, it makes me feel fucking slow. clown

Also confirmed change: soul reaper will become a little more popular in the next patch.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Hey guys, I am back. Thanks for wishing me luck! I hope that I did well at exams because I'm not certain at one of the exams (the final one, which I did today) if I will pass or not but I did the other two really well. It will take me some time to catch up watching all these videos I missed but first I hope when results arrive (this Tuesday), I have passed because otherwise if I fail, I will have to do exam again in August-September (only the one that I failed) and I will have to learn again and again... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Please don't hijack threads with something completely offtopic. Instead, make a new one.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Sorry about that MC but I just had to say it since I have been absent for 2 months. I don't think it's worth to create another topic just for that but I will contribute to this topic in 2 days after I see results of exams and are positive, then I will start playing latest AEOD with various newer megawads (and report all bugs I find) and watch DBT's videos as well. Smile

[/offtopic]

EDIT: Instead of making another post, I'm editing this one just to say that I passed exams and no more stress. That means I can properly test the newer version of AEOD with my favorite megawads. Oh and I will also catch up with the videos. Very Happy

Last edited by FistMarine on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:47 am

I don't care about insignificance, as DBThanatos went as far as to post my birthday spontaneously a while ago. clown

(Don't jump in on that. It's far from it now.)

But I do care about total derailment, so no matter how low it may be, status updates are fine. We're not a very active forum. If we become more active then we'll have to make a separate section for small talk, but for now, off topic section is fine for it.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Welcome back FistMarine. Indeed, feel completely free to create a new topic and we can discuss stuff about school and whatnot. We need different topics here, to make it a bit more varied.

Anyway, glad you're back and I hope all the tests went fine.

For now, new vid!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks DBT! And yeah all tests went fine. Wink

Now I'm going to play some AEOD as I downloaded 6.06.1 patch few minutes ago. Might as well catch up with the videos. I will have to remember which video I watched last time because even though I left the forum in may, I did watch a couple more videos when I had little time (I think until MAP07) and I stopped here. Razz

EDIT: Yep, I was right. I watched up until MAP07. Now I'm watching MAP08 and here are my thoughts:
MAP08 Part 1:
@2:00 I saw another unnecessary reloading (seriously, I have explained this many times to not quickload when you aren't dead, you could have killed those enemies and moved on Razz ). Take for example at @3:00, you fought monster until you died (maybe you didn't expect to die) but here you didn't reload game when you took lots of damage. I just have something against unnecessary reloading. Razz
3:55 yes I know feeling, although I'm still doing pretty good. Smile
5:58 another pointless reload, yes you took a lot of damage but you just got red armor in moment you pressed quickload key, you could have continued fight and who knows, you might have survived. Just an advice for future, please try to continue game to see if you can survive. I've had times where I took a huge amount of damage but I didn't die because medkits and armor saved me. Razz
8:08 Sure it does and that big monster is none other than a Moloch. I can recognize that scream from a mile away (although it could be Eidolon as well but most of times it's Moloch)
9:08 HAH! Laughing I knew the grenade was going to bounce back to you. This is the reason I don't use this grenade launcher too often because half of times I blow myself up with it.
10:39 I knew it was a Moloch!
11:38 Undead Warrior from Heretic (well actually ghost version).
13:09 I don't know why but I actually expected this to happen to get hit by the monster's bouncing projectiles.
13:42 Again, you could have probably killed the monsters if you continued fighting instead of reloading. I think I will stop here with complaining about quickloading, it gets repetitive.
19:56 I don't think the weapon does splash damage to the player in V6, so you were doing fine.

MAP08 Part 2:
A bit boring video, nothing else to say. Will watch the rest videos later, I promise. Smile

MAP09:

Oh boy, it begins! Those damned hard-ass maps I was talking about! Twisted Evil
0:30 Hah, the old 240p/potato joke! Laughing
5:53 Yeah, the stone of restoration is great for refilling ammo and armor but not great for refilling health as it gives you 5 health every 3 seconds instead of every second.
8:10 Ah yes the prototype gun! That is an excellent weapon for clearing out hordes of monsters.
10:45 Don't worry about not saving, I had it worse on exact same map, I was killed right a split-second after I saved by a projectile I didn't see (that fucking red priest with yellow homing projectiles killed me, hell knight spawner), so I had to reload an earlier save.
Actually if I'm thinking again, this map wasn't that hard but maybe you got lucky with the monsters. I think for me it annoyed when I saved the game in that moment and I just remember those repetitive deaths but oh well, I want to change my impression about this map by playing this mapset again with newer AEOD 6.06.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:04 am

FistMarine wrote:
8:10 Ah yes the prototype gun! That is an excellent weapon for clearing out hordes of monsters.

And you know what, DBT dropped it a few maps later without firing it probably even once! And Major Cooke approved of dropping it! (Or so it seemed to me, lamenting the loss of this underused horde wiper.)

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Situational awareness, you saw him win an inferno syphon... the hellcore uses red mana.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 pm

He dropped the weapon? Wow damn, but I must say it is difficult to decide because of slot limits (once again, I play without slot limits, so I pick up pretty much every weapon Razz )

Anyway catching up again. MAP10 Part 1:

0:15 Let me tell you that this is the point where this wad becomes really crazy with difficulty spike but...oh wait, you already figured out because I am behind a few videos. Heh.
0:40 And of course another reload. But this time I can understand because it is impossible to survive these levels with low health, so I will stop pointing out reloads from now on.
0:45 Oh wait, you also reminded to not reload the game too often. Laughing
3:20 Well at least you got to use the prototype gun.
I agree with everything you said about Anita and all that feminism bullshit. I can't stand when people complain of the SMALLEST things. And about Doom 4, I am also hyped because what I've seen so far is promising. Smile
9:20 Yeah see? These kind of traps I was talking about in wad, where you die several times in the SAME place, which I find very annoying. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be traps but when they are in cramped places, it's very hard to avoid enemy attacks, especially when they are ArchVile Class monsters and that's why you lose a lot of health and die. But that doesn't compare until what you will see (or already saw) soon. Wink
10:00 Yeah, that worked out quite nicely and without taking damage at all. This has happened to me several times (and in other games too), you die 5 times in same place and then on successful try, you don't take damage at all. Twisted Evil
19:20 Now THAT's a cyberdemon! Well actually 3 bosses. Thankfully they weren't too hard to deal with. Razz
20:05 So you got a pentagram dropped by a monster but didn't save and now you got hurt so badly that you have 1 health. I don't want to know what would happen next...
20:12 Well thankfully you had 7 medkits in inventory, so you wouldn't have died because of auto-use feature!
21:39 LEGS POWER!

MAP10 Part 2:

9:08 Again, you probably could have handled the fight (I assume you still had medkits in inventory) if you didn't reload.
12:00 Well actually you handled the fight much better here.

Still, looking forward to Doom 4!

MAP11 Part 1:

This is the map where things gets serious (and probably a bit too frustrating). At least you have MC helping you. Razz
1:00 I think it's a good idea to just run around the place and make monsters kill each other. Problem is that there isn't much cover.
2:07 That's correct, this map is the latest and the hardest. The next map is just a credits map with about 10 easy monsters to kill.
10:40 Damn. You killed Lich King but he also killed you. Well at least the other bosses are dead, so...
11:37 So that's where you dropped the Prototype Gun. Well I can understand the fact that you already have the BFG but I think you should have dropped the Wraithverge that you got from Cleric previous map because it also uses red mana. Also funny thing: You have the Hellcore weapon in Hellcore wad. Laughing
12:10 And of course you didn't save after you defeated the Lich King. Now you have to do once again.
13:00 But thankfully it didn't take too much time to get back on track. Heh.

MAP11 Part 2:

9:20 I agree, I really liked this feature with picking up those keys. I believe the blue and white keys are used in other secret places.
12:56 Yeah, I was right.
20:00 Well at least you didn't lose too much progress.
22:15 witch bitch lol

Aaaand I just managed to catch up with the videos! Too bad this last video didn't have captions, I just wanted to have some fun reading nonsense. Laughing Looking forward to last part(s)!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Well, here we go! The last part of the map!

Dont forget to like and all that crap! Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:37 pm

1:10 I can imagine what AEOD will be in 10 years. Rolling Eyes
1:50 But that was an archvile class monster and it is a tough mother fucker (but can't be compared to Moloch, that one is still the worst)
3:50 Lucky you, you found another weapon I didn't find (the other one being howtizer).
13:33 I haven't played the new Shadow Warrior game but I played (and I'm replaying currently) the old classic one.
14:34 The funny thing is that this is the area I also remembered the most from this map. And I don't quite understand why is this map so easy, when the previous 3 of them were frustratingly difficult. They just didn't get the balance quite right in this wad. Suspect
15:28 This definitely needs to be fixed. I find annoying when this corpse blocks my way and I have to noclip. BTW I wonder if this happens in Doom as well or it's just AEOD specific. Neutral
18:00 Or you could just changemap to next map. No need to summon a cyberdemon. Razz
19:17 See, I told you that you could just do this. Razz
20:00 I would also add the fact that maps' difficulty changes a lot, it ranges from very easy to very hard. Like the last map (credits map) being easiest and penultimate map being hardest.
20:30 I will have to find a post I made months ago that had suggestions listed. I suggest you to try a more recent mapset, though. Smile

So that was it, congrats DBT and hope soon you will start a new mapset.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:14 pm

FistMarine wrote:
20:00 I would also add the fact that maps' difficulty changes a lot, it ranges from very easy to very hard. Like the last map (credits map) being easiest and penultimate map being hardest.
I think this was intended. The penultimate map is the end of Hellcore, and the credits map is little more than an interactive cutscene.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:32 am

Yeah I know that, I should have made myself clear that I actually meant in the other maps the difficulty is all over place, example one of the maps in the middle isn't that difficult but most of them have difficulty changing a lot within minutes (example at start it may be too hard because of cyberdemons, then it's only smaller monsters, then it's again cyberdemons, well you get the idea). But maybe I should replay the mapset and give a better impression because I for the most part enjoyed many mapsets with AEOD, only HellCore and Mayhem 2048 gave me a lot of trouble (e.g had me screaming at the monitor) but other mapsets like Community Chest series and Hell Revealed style megawads were actually pretty easy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Nothing makes difficulty a moot point like the Director though. clown

He's just an endless monster spawner. Always gives trouble. The only thing you can do is fight back and run.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 am

Haven't tried the Director mode yet, I gotta start that as well. bounce
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Sorry for blurry thumbnail. I totally deleted the original video before I made the thumbnail, so I had to settle with a blurry YT capture Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:33 am

Sorry but you posted this in the wrong thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough   Today at 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down

(Completed) AEoD Hellcore 2.0 Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next