» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

New patch problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: New patch problem   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:39 am

Downloaded the new 6.06 and I get a bunch of script errors when I try to run a wad. I'm assuming this has something to do with the build of GzDoom I'm running, might be out of date.

I would look it up myself but unfortunately I dont understand squat about the SVNs and some such so I have no idea what I need to get. Any help would be appreciated.

These are errors:

Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:decorate/decmisc.txt" line 440:
"NOTELESTOMP" is an unknown flag

Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:decorate/decmisc.txt" line 460:

Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:decorate/decmisc.txt" line 1366:

Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:decorate/decmisc.txt" line 1542:

Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:decorate/decmisc.txt" line 3345:
Call to unknown function 'RandomPick'
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:23 am

Update your (G)Zdoom. See the readme for more info.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 am

Yep, that fixed it, can now run it.

However, I now have a non-fatal error when I launch Plutonia:

"Unknown patch BOSFA0 in texture A-BROWN4". Since it's in red, I assume it's some sort of serious error though like mentioned, it doesn't prevent me from running the program. Just hope it doesnt come and bite me in the ass eventually.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:08 pm

That seems to be related to the textures of the pwad itself, since we checked for no warnings when launching AEoD with vanilla doom2.

So, even if it's a pwad thing of plutonia, the most you'll get will be a HOM effect somewhere, but other than that, there's no danger.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
MaxRideWizardLord
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Hmmm... Really curious about this patch, should I download it or not?? What it changes to aeod 6?? Also, can you please tell me at least what this new weapon looks like?? That is the only one thing I'm really curious about, and if it's not some interesting magical thing that rekt everything with magical colorful AoE attacks with style, but some generic boring lameass banal pew-pew hitscan wepon, I don't bother to waste bandvich for small new guny.

Yet, it seems some people experiencing error and bugs in new update, so I'm really not sure if I should get it... maybe someone could know better and shoot their opinion here.

Not to sound mean, I just got a bit tired of all those dissapointment I witness in each new aeod, most things get removed rather than add, and if there being add new it probably not worth it (just like that l4d mode), and with each new updates it gets even more sad... Sad
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Trust me, It's worth it. Why should we spoil it when you can just find out yourself?

And "experiencing errors" just means people don't pay attention to the readme.txt which clearly indicates what version you need to be using.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Not to sound mean, I just got a bit tired of all those dissapointment I witness in each new aeod, most things get removed rather than add, and if there being add new it probably not worth it (just like that l4d mode), and with each new updates it gets even more sad... Sad

Tell me more. Why don't you like it? I want to hear your thoughts. Go deep.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:

That's not true. Not even subjectively. There was only one time when we removed a lot of stuff, which was the beastiary monsters. Other than that, we change things. We add things. If you dont like what was added doesnt mean it wasnt added. It just means that it was not what you were expecting.

Every version of AEoD aims to improve the mod, rather than strip it down. Every change we've made has been with the idea of improving one area or another. If it's true we're not always adding lots of new monsters and whatnot, you also have to understand that it's not so easy.

We could hunt around and gather every resource we can find and mash it all together into the mod, as I did in the old days of AEoD, but that yields pretty crappy results that lack on quality. Although it's debatable if the AEoD content actually has quality (debatable by some stubborn people) we have our own standards, and we are not going to add for the sake of adding.

If we add stuff, is because we are confident we can pull it out properly in a way that brings something to the mod, rather than just putting a lot of crappy work together to raise the monster and weapon count in the mod.

We dont aim for "bigger". We aim for better, and yes, that also means removing old useless or outdated stuff.

EDIT: But like cooke said, i'd love to hear specifics, if only to get different opinions. Smile

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:12 pm

People have been complaining (hence the cacoward) that it's a giant mishmash of stuff where everything except the kitchen sink was thrown in. And then some. We took that feedback, and turned it into a reality. That was the main traverse from v5 to v6.

Back to top Go down
MaxRideWizardLord
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
That's not true. Not even subjectively. There was only one time when we removed a lot of stuff, which was the beastiary monsters. Other than that, we change things. We add things. If you dont like what was added doesnt mean it wasnt added. It just means that it was not what you were expecting.

Lies!! Lots of lies!! Even you contradict yourself by saying "removing old useless or outdated stuff", which you, subjectively, consider as "useless" and/or "outdated".

First of all, my favourite volcano weapon got removed it's primary fire that had awesome looking and specific spread explosion which drops lots of smaller explosions. Yes, it is, technically, a removal, since it's from game gone, even though it replaced with generic and boring instant splash radius kaboom attack... Because AEOD didn't had enough of instant splash radius kaboom attacks before. But even things that has been changed I really don't like, including same my most favourite Volcano, that lost all it's glory later in updates...

Oh also, my beloved monsters from realm667 are gone... :c And it seems not they only... Not to mention the attacks/fires of enemies that got removed...

My list on what I don't like is really long and deep, and I doubt you would listen all this, so I'd just say it's my subjective preferences with my subjectively objective judgment. However, after playing zandronum, I found many who have same views and opinion about AEoD as me, one of which and I working on a absolutely new and unique project, hence we really need an older version of AEoD to see it's coding. But I'm gonna lie if I'm not going to mention that we as well want to play the best version of AEOD (AEOD 5 early version) in multiplayer on zandronum. Very Happy

I really can't think of any "standard" other than be a complete random clusterfuck regardless of age and genre of game, considering there are even diablo 2 enemies, and diablo 2 is a freaking top down (fine fine, it's osimetric, so you won't blame me for being all wrong).

I neither can say the game is getting any balanced, because the balance goes mostly to halo/cod-wannabe players who enjoy limits, LOTS of limits of weapons and ammo, YET to some noobs who couldn't stand deadly not-so-easy-to-avoid-enemies, which turn AEOD more to mainstream modern generic cod-like gameplay game. Some sprites looks beyond ugly (no offense), especially sprites from Source engine games. Imho, 3.01 had more established standards than new AEOD. Razz

Either way, I'm really not sure if I should get this version (6.06) of AEOD. I have no idea what it "changed" and whatever, no real changelog I could find with all possible changes. And so far people seems to complain that it has bugs and errors, but probably it's just one's person misfortune, thus is why I leave my post here, asking if I should get it. So far no one seems to answer me anywya.

Anyway DBT, mind please provide us old files of AEoD please??? That would help us a lot, I would be soooooo thankful to you!!
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:22 pm

The volcano cannon was my doing. Have you ever played Magic Carpet 2: the netherworlds?

You'll see that in this version, it's EXACTLY like the one from there.

DBThanatos had nothing to do with that weapon. Also, it'd behoof you to not go around accusing people of lying.

Back to top Go down
MaxRideWizardLord
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
The volcano cannon was my doing. Have you ever played Magic Carpet 2: the netherworlds?

You'll see that in this version, it's EXACTLY like the one from there.

DBThanatos had nothing to do with that weapon. Also, it'd behoof you to not go around accusing people of lying.

Never seen Magic Carpet 2: the netherworlds, even after googling I never found any volcano in there.

Also, the only reason I called him a liar, in a really jokingly silly way, is because he the first one to claim false statement "that's is not true", which is another way to say I'm lying when I did not. Which is why I as well provided him argument about why his accussation about me being not true, is not true
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Quote :
Oh also, my beloved monsters from realm667 are gone... :c And it seems not they only... Not to mention the attacks/fires of enemies that got removed...

My list on what I don't like is really long and deep, and I doubt you would listen all this, so I'd just say it's my subjective preferences with my subjectively objective judgment.

Your opinion is yours, that's for sure. So is mine and the dev team's.

If you miss those monsters so much, i believe it's safe to say you're not the target audience for AEoD. You posts showing the discontent for the current state of the mod proves my point.

Quote :
Lies!! Lots of lies!! Even you contradict yourself by saying "removing old useless or outdated stuff", which you, subjectively, consider as "useless" and/or "outdated".

No offense (tm), but at the end of the day even if my opinion is subjective, Im the creator of this mod, and therefore, I decide what we're doing with it. If you dont like it, you're free to pick another randomizer mod, or make your own.

Wait, you said you're doing your own. So why are you complaining here then? You are starting to remind me of those people who would complain all day long because the blood monsters arent accurate to the original and because the weapons arent accurate to the original game, and so on and so forth.

You seem rather happy to complain about the mod while saying you want it to be perfect. By now it's clear that your definition of perfect is very different than mine.

I dont really care for what Zandronum players think of the game, considering they cant even play v6 at all.

And you claim the game isnt balanced when you havent played it. Fine. That sounds like a great argument.

Anyway, I'll be blunt: Nobody is paying us. We (the dev team) have no obligation to anyone, and coming here to try to change our minds will have no effect the way you're doing it.

So let's just drop this subject already.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Locked. Because this was originally an issue, and not a place to talk otherwise as it's grown out of hand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New patch problem   

Back to top Go down

New patch problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1