» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Wed May 20, 2015 8:21 am

Since we've had a massive update to all weapons, it's time to renew this thread again. Hopefully you all got the chance to see most, if not all, of the weapon changes.

• Slot 1: Jackbomb - In the new version, the jackbomb gets a tremendous upgrade thanks to some changes I made: The chaos effects every enemy in the game instead of just a group of enemies. Now you can draw all attention and get away from even big baddies.
  • Slot 2: Painkiller/Butterfly Knife - The painkiller received a significant boost in power, with its ability to chop entire hordes to bits AND the alt-fire rips through enemies, AND it can now be retracted again at any time by alt-clicking again.
  • Slot 3: Double Flare Guns - Nothing like a spray of flares to kick ass wiht.
  • Slot 4: Gas Rocket Launcher + Combat Manual Rifle - There's nothing like making big guys choke on the gas while you pick them off with the CMR with relative ease. Also the gas launcher can now individually stream gas quite quickly with the new altfire capability. Also also, the CMR can now hold twelve shots and reloads MUCH faster than before (only one second now, roughly!) Also supported by the ZDoom reload key.
  • Slot 5: Peacemaker Carbine - It's fast, it's dangerous, and it's extremely accurate in comparison to the minigun (Sorry DBT!). While you get no mini-rockets to blast your foes apart with, you get a massive rail shot that penetrates everything and vaporizes them... at the cost of a hundred bullets, but hey! Bullets are common enough.
  • Slot 6: Cow Mangler - As much as I like the ability to detonate the Screamer's capabilities, what turns me off is the explosion damage the primary fire does. The cow mangler on the other hand no longer threatens your life, and the alt-fire is pretty good at taking down big baddies, especially wide ones, with one to a few hits.
  • Slot 7: Vulcan Cannon - Don't get me wrong, the hailstorm's a useful weapon, especially with perfect timing shots. However, the Vulcan Cannon's ability to go shotgun city on your enemies in case if you run out of bullets far outstrips it in desperate situations.
  • Slot 8: Shredder Staff/Bone Duster - While it's not very powerful against lone cyberdemons and spider masterminds, its strength relies in numbers. This weapons shines at maximum capability when the directors are enabled. Go find a super bertha with this thing, crouch down, aim, and let loose the alt-fire on the mass of black teddy bears when they are surrounding the boss... FUCKIN' SHWRECK'D!

The Bone Duster is great for up close encounters and works surprisingly good at a distance too. And boy does it hurt! Not to mention, if you need to get to a high ledge, you can shotgun jump with a full clip using the alt-fire to go flying. Just jump and right click to be a human cannon ball!

(The developers are not responsible for any bad decisions about trying to bowl into enemies as that was never an intended feature, and you will become a pinkie demon daddy's lunch in a heart beat no matter how fast you move at him. His mouth is bigger than you, after all.)

Also, the bone duster can now be reloaded with the reload key so you dont have to waste shells anymore.

• Slot 9: Popcorn Gun/Soul Reaver - Can't decide between these two. They're both super useful. As of 6.06, the popcorn gun now kills all clowns dead, rather instantly too (takes a couple more kernels with Pennywise). It doesn't matter who they are, as long as they are a happy time circus monster, the popcorn gun is the bane of anything clowny. They also deal random damage types (holy, unholy, plasma, electric fire, ice, and no type). The only caveat is sometimes you may randomly spawn black bears that attack you, along with tiny bingos, but if shooting at a lowered pitch, they should receive the a popcorn kernel to the face and die anyway. They're only a bigger threat if you're firing over a cliff. While the bears can't noclip anymore, they can still climb extremely tall ledges. Can go hand in hand with a soul reaper for sucking souls out of them, though, and they go down fast.

The popcorn sentry is especially useful in situations where monsters are teleporting in -- serves as a good camping ground that lasts for quite a while too. The only caveat is, its slow to start and leaves you quite vulnerable for a good 5 seconds when you fire it.

The soul reaver received a completely new primary fire in case you haven't noticed. Yet another underrated ability from Magic Carpet 2: the Netherworlds (Firestorm Spell). It now encases an enemy with an unholy maelstrom of pain which siphons their life and sometimes turns it into floating red soul energy for you to pick up. If the enemy dies before the maelstrom finishes, the maelstrom will explode and deal damage based upon how much longer the maelstrom had left -- the more time, the more life. Don't expect to get much out of weaker enemies, though those shield minions can give you quite a surprising amount of souls... Unlike regular souls, these don't give you health. They only apply to your soul counter. Also pairs very well when used in combination with the Soul Reaper's beam.

• Slot 0: Volcano Cannon - Surprised I didn't say the Soul Reaper, or the Hand of God? When I created this weapon, I drew inspiration from Magic Carpet 2: the Netherworlds and how land deformation/island creation was possible. I'll never forget the day when the enemy magicians all surrounded and waged battle of each other around my castle, when I grow so sick of it that I just summoned up a volcano and killed most of them who had reflective shields. Can't reflect that now, can ya bitches?

Not to mention I finally fixed the sound for the primary explosion. Now it doesnt have that irritating menu pop-sound in the beginning nor the rush of water.

Why yes, I really do love the abilities of Magic Carpet 2: the Netherworlds. Now you can all see where I draw my inspiration to make such weapons like the Tome of Set, the Soul Reaver and the Volcano Cannon.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Wed May 20, 2015 9:04 am

Slot 1: Zippo Dynamite: Playing Catch, in style of Hell.

Slot 2: The Gauntlets, their lifedrain ability is an absolute marvel.

Slot 3: Same as you Cooke, double Flare guns all the way. They are a bit rare, though, I've noticed.

Slot 4: Dragon Claw/AWP. Dragon Claw, the king of DPS, especially if doubled up.

The AWP is what you use when you want to exclaim F*CK YOU at an enemy.

Slot 5: Hyperblaster. This gun is so damn versatile, it's almost not even funny. Top Three weapon for me.

Slot 6: Grenade Launcher/Double Rocket Launcher. The GL is another versatile weapon. There's nothing more satisfying that lobbing a nade a hundered meters way and land a perfect direct hit on an enemy, even better if it dies. That, or a perfect ricochet shot to an enemy behind you.

Double Rocket launchers, or as I like to call them: The Universal Keys. Just gotta mind reflectors.

Slot 7: Pulse gun. I'm not kidding, every single game I've had I've probably carried it. At first I found it annoying but I've grown to love it. Like the Hyperblaster, it's so damn versatile. And that primary fire is just gold.

Slot 8: This one is tough, as there's so many good weapons in this slot. HE Nade Launcher, the Phalanx, Sniper Railgun, Bone Duster...

HE Nade Launcher is just fantastic, both primary and alt are real killers.

Phalanx is my other Universal Key. Sorry rocket launchers... If I find a Phalanx and I'm carrying those two, they're dropped.

Sniper Railgun is just awesome, especially since the AWP is so rare. This one is my second Top Three weapon.

Bone Duster... That alt-fire is just... UNF. Delicious. Laughing

Slot 9: Drakan Blade. Sorry deflectors, you gotsta go. Burn in the flames of darkness.

Slot 0: Redeemer. I like nuclear weapons. Part of me wishes that the Redeemer's alt-fire would fire a MIRV instead of a homing rocket but... I suppose a single nuke is enough. Last Top Three favorite.

Last edited by Colossus on Wed May 20, 2015 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Wed May 20, 2015 9:06 am

@Colossus' Redeemer comment: That's what the concussion launcher is for.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Wed May 20, 2015 9:12 am

Major Cooke wrote:
@Colossus' Redeemer comment: That's what the concussion launcher is for.

I know, but it's not the same sadly, doesn't give the feel of awesomeness. Though to be fair, you'd have to activate the Pentagram if you ever wanted to Redeemer MIRV something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 am

1: Portal Gun
. I've read somewhere that Doom is not so much about fighting monsters as it as about fighting levels one at a time. And while we have all other slots for fighting monsters as they are, this weapon is something that helps you fight the level itself. Levels play unfair much more often than monsters do, so a weapon that lets you travel any distance within eyesight definitely helps you beat the game, one way (literally) or another.

2: Strogg Arm Saw. I like the fact that you can spend extra ammo if you wanna make it pwn pwn pwn.

3: Strife Crossbow. It was a tie with Heretic's Crossbow, but Strife's won because it uses two different ammo types. This weapon is an early dealer of AoE damage, plus it can exploit vulnerabilities of both mechanic monsters and living ones.

4: Gez Biorifles Akimbo. Subjectively this seems to me like the most ammo-efficient weapon. It's perfect in a way that it doesn't kick tons of ass at the same time, but it's really very powerful in one-on-one battles. It spends very little ammo and deals a lot of damage, not to mention pain, which makes it a perfect weapon early in the game.

5: Hornet Guns Akimbo. This is a RARE thing, and it is about as AWESOME as it is rare. Its regenerating ammo is very original and helps in tight budget situations. If I could, I'd carry around more than two of them. I wish I could. I wish I could.

6: Howitzer. A guest from Blood 2, a game that had somewhat lukewarm reception in its day despite its amazing arsenal, is a hitscan explosive weapon. A damn strong hitscan explosive weapon. If this isn't great, what is?

7: Plutonium Cannon. This thing doesn't boast the best FX in the mod, but it puts to good use those mini-missiles which are underused otherwise later in the game. It packs a wallop and doesn't hurt shooter. It's really very versatile. Hands-down weapon of choice in close quarters.

8: Ion Cannon. It was so long since I held it last time. It must have moved to some rarer category. I still remember my love for this gun. Its altfire, which is a hitscan explosion with projectiles, sort of reminds me of Howitzers, but it's less disbalancing and more graceful. I wish to find it again soon.

9: Hand Cannon. While it is not the most efficient way to waste rockets, it absolutely is the most fun one. IRON BALLS FTW!

0: Quantum Singularity Generator. It was tough to choose this over Fusion Cannon, altfire of which is probably absolutely insanely hottest thing in AEoD, but you can't casually go around with a Fusion Cannon, or otherwise you might not escape your own weapon's area of effect if monsters suddenly get close. And this thing has a strong, non-shooter-hurting and beautiful primary attack that isn't too wasteful to use on lesser monsters. And the altfire sticks around for enough time to kill any non-invulnerable bosses around. Also works wonders for horde control.

Last edited by Michaelis on Mon May 25, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Mon May 25, 2015 12:57 pm

I meant to rename the Hand Cannon to S.B.C. cannon. Razz

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Yeah, I think that's what it was called back in Serious Sam, but what does S.B.C. stand for? Super Big Cannon? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06   Today at 8:23 am

Back to top Go down

Favorite Weapons Thread v6.06
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1