AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 Doom (4) coming next Spring

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:55 pm

It was just announced in the E3 trailer. So look forward to it then! AND IT HAS COOP! FUCK YES!

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 830
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:50 am

Oh my god, if you didn't post this I wouldn't have found out!
Totally hyped! Totally hyped!
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:37 am

Bring it on, my Shotgun's getting dusty. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:37 am

And look! NO RELOADING! Very Happy

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:56 pm

The no reloading is the clincher.

If you can jump and crouch without any issues, I am completely sold. Also all the keys need to be rebindable, and to play well in a window while locking the cursor into the window, which I've noticed a lot of recent games I'm playing do not do. Really annoying actually. But yeah, that'd be up there in the "my perfect games" list.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Semi related



In part2 i actually speak about the game Razz

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Bitches be hatin'. I mean, we got a deadco-ward as I'm calling it now, because even if it wasn't the worst of the randomizer mods out there, it's "still the most significant."

People will stab things for any reason. Because they can. And I want to stab them back.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
People will stab things for any reason. Because they can. And I want to stab them back.

Hahaha. I think this should be a quote for the titlemap in AEoD

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Truth, isn't it!? Done. Razz

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 am

Slightly more in depth



And cooke, check your PMs Wink

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:00 am

Already did! Very Happy

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:44 am

@1:07 - This is the console edition so it's bound to be somewhat slower. This isn't the PC, they're playing on the console for maximum quality reasons.
@2:25 - I'd say just focus on the gameplay. Forget the whole setting thing because I'm doubting this is actually going to happen on earth... yet.
@3:08 - They're plenty different enough to tell apart in Doom 1 and 2, DBThanatos. For shame! Don't you remember how zombie men have green hair, light grey armor while shotgun zombies have no hair, black armor and the chaingun guys have red armor and a mustache resembling yours?
@5:35 - I couldn't agree more. I wanted more horns. I'm tired of the "abomination" look. I miss the days where they had big horns on their bodies. At least Diablo 3 got that part right... Sheesh.
@6:43 - PICKY PICKY PICKY. Damn, you would hate to play on my settings due to my graphics card throwing a hissy fit. >.> I purposely turn off shadows and shit if possible 'cause my laptop can't handle so many things very well, like anti-aliasing. But then again we're also looking at the console version.
@7:10 - Yeah, that's the mistake Serious Sam 3 made, but to be fair, the finishing quick time events were fast enough that they lasted no longer than a second. I'm pretty sure you might be invulnerable in doom.
@7:57 - It's not scripted unless you run out of health. Then I think they finish you off like that. Then again, I don't know if it'll happen all the time or just sometimes.
@13:54 - I agree. I want different colors and settings for Hell. To me, Hell has circles too, so I want to see if they provide that. I'm working on my own mapset version featuring my own scenario of the nine circles of Hell.
@14:49 - You can probably turn it off. It's easy enough to recognize when a demon is stunned or knocked about per say.
@15:26 - HAH! I love the looks of the new explosions FAR more than AEoD. I don't know why, but I think you got a sensation of Serious Sam 3's terribad smoke leftovers corrupting you. clown

No seriously, I hate long lingering smoke. It's annoying as hell. It's also why I love Shadow Warrior's explosions.

@17:42 - Ouch.
@19:22 - Oh the hypocrisy! Oh the lament of how AEONS OF DEATH has enemies that DROP HEALTH AND AMMO AT THE SAME DAMN -- Meow!
@20:53 - What about the times we played painkiller together? And Nation Red? I don't care for the deathmatch though, I care for coop. I'm so glad games like this and Shadow Warrior are bringing them back.
@22:24 - They dropped Doom 4 because they gave that name to their much worse version so long ago that is pretty much a scripted game in its entirety. So they said, fuck it, reboot.

I admit, I did want them to do it on earth too. I'm a little disappointed they didn't do that, but who knows. As far as I can tell, this is Doom: Reboot 2 Done Much More Properly or The Way Id Did It On An Official Level Of Their Own And Not By Xander (Nothing against Xander or his map. Just trying to correlate how the two have nothing in common).

@23:00 - Mom jokes are old, overused, and bad.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer


Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
@1:07 - This is the console edition so it's bound to be somewhat slower. This isn't the PC, they're playing on the console for maximum quality reasons.
Console = quality? I disagree. Not that Im saying that console looks like garbage, because it doesnt, but the maximum amount of visual quality will for the most part be achieved in PC. Higher resolutions, lots of tweaks, crazy graphic cards etc etc. Console is restricted to the hardware.

Major Cooke wrote:
@2:25 - I'd say just focus on the gameplay. Forget the whole setting thing because I'm doubting this is actually going to happen on earth... yet.
Im not hoping for it to be earth, but all in all, the same corridors and same colors all around is what made Doom3 so "boring". There were only two settings, UAC and hell (and a few super short scenes of mar's surface, which i would've love to see more of. Yet Doom (1993) had a plethora of sceneries, and the way to achieve that was to use different textures. Different colors.


Major Cooke wrote:
@3:08 - They're plenty different enough to tell apart in Doom 1 and 2, DBThanatos. For shame! Don't you remember how zombie men have green hair, light grey armor while shotgun zombies have no hair, black armor and the chaingun guys have red armor and a mustache resembling yours?
That's what Im saying, for a person that has played it for as long as we have, we know each tiny difference. But for a new player, they wont be able to see that right away, and that's what Im saying about Doom 4, that i cant see the difference between the monsters YET

Major Cooke wrote:
@5:35 - I couldn't agree more. I wanted more horns. I'm tired of the "abomination" look. I miss the days where they had big horns on their bodies. At least Diablo 3 got that part right... Sheesh.
Exactly.

Major Cooke wrote:
@6:43 - PICKY PICKY PICKY. Damn, you would hate to play on my settings due to my graphics card throwing a hissy fit. >.> I purposely turn off shadows and shit if possible 'cause my laptop can't handle so many things very well, like anti-aliasing. But then again we're also looking at the console version.
No, trust me, I play a few games without all the crazy effects, as my computer isnt a powerhouse either. However, take as example doom; everything casts shadows, that's the selling point of the game, yet the one thing that doesnt, is the player. Mods allow that, and to me, it looks great! because it's more cohesive. When a game that tries so hard to have realistic lights/shadows everwhyere but has the player without a shadow, makes me feel even more that Im just a floating pair of arms with a gun. That's why I do like a lot games that let you see your feet and have you cast shadows. It might be minor, it might be just me, but I'd rather have that than to be without it


Major Cooke wrote:
@7:10 - Yeah, that's the mistake Serious Sam 3 made, but to be fair, the finishing quick time events were fast enough that they lasted no longer than a second. I'm pretty sure you might be invulnerable in doom.
I sure hope so.


Major Cooke wrote:
@7:57 - It's not scripted unless you run out of health. Then I think they finish you off like that. Then again, I don't know if it'll happen all the time or just sometimes.
Yes, what i was trying to say, is that I hoped the whole interaction wasnt scripted for the demo here as in "this is not representative of the final product" or "that was just a one time cutscene", instead, I'd love to see monsters ripping me into pieces when I die


Major Cooke wrote:
@13:54 - I agree. I want different colors and settings for Hell. To me, Hell has circles too, so I want to see if they provide that. I'm working on my own mapset version featuring my own scenario of the nine circles of Hell.
Yeah. The monochromatic issue is what bothers me. Everything is 50 shades of brown/yellow/puke


Major Cooke wrote:
@14:49 - You can probably turn it off. It's easy enough to recognize when a demon is stunned or knocked about per say.
I'd be happy if you can turn it off


Major Cooke wrote:
@15:26 - HAH! I love the looks of the new explosions FAR more than AEoD. I don't know why, but I think you got a sensation of Serious Sam 3's terribad smoke leftovers corrupting you. clown

No seriously, I hate long lingering smoke. It's annoying as hell. It's also why I love Shadow Warrior's explosions.
It's a matter of taste, I get that.

Major Cooke wrote:
@17:42 - Ouch.
Yep. There's some scripting/editing here and there.


Major Cooke wrote:
@19:22 - Oh the hypocrisy! Oh the lament of how AEONS OF DEATH has enemies that DROP HEALTH AND AMMO AT THE SAME DAMN -- Meow!
Well, to be fair, Im saying I dont like it in Doom4, I never said I disliked it in general. We made this Piņata monsters in AEoD because, we have no control over the supplies because we dont have AEoD specific maps, and because of the incredibly random nature of our mod, it's impossible to really predict what will the player have.

But the original doom didnt have piņata monsters. Some monsters dropped their weapon, and the ammo type they used. Other than that, it was up to you to find where to restock. When a game completely leaves that aside, it tells me "we couldnt bother to add pickups scattered in the map that will make players want to revisit rooms to restock".

The piņata monsters work, that for sure, and Im not completely against that, and I might be wrong, but it seems like a lazy way out. Doom 3 did have located pickups and even better, they were around in somewhat logical (to the story) locations, but then again there's no easy way to say "in the depths of hell you found a box full of earth supplies", so I can leave that aside.


Major Cooke wrote:
@20:53 - What about the times we played painkiller together? And Nation Red? I don't care for the deathmatch though, I care for coop. I'm so glad games like this and Shadow Warrior are bringing them back.
Yes, we have played and we should again, but Im not a 5hr a day competitive MP gamer.



Major Cooke wrote:
@23:00 - Mom jokes are old, overused, and bad.
You got it wrong. It's not a "mom joke". It's a show called "how I met your mother". I was watching one episode before I recorded the doom4 thing, so when I brough up the media player, it started playing "how i met your mother", and i was like "oh shit, not this one, unless Im going to be doing thoughts on the series".

Not a mom joke.

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer


Posts : 5085
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:47 pm

@Consoles: Well that's what they intend it to be. Sadly, the days of the xbox 360 and ps3 are over. I understand that max quality is strived for because id understands the PC is still the master race... and I'm looking at you, fucking console-to-pc ported games and developers!

@Boring repeating corridors: Gotta hand that one to you. Not to mention, ironically, you could go out on Phobos/Deimos no less. Fun fact: They took pictures of a certain mountain range for Phobos and got the setting all wrong back then. Razz

@Mom: Oh. I thought that was a reference to mom jokes. My mistake. lol!

@Hell: It shouldn't even be yellow in the atmosphere! I hope that's just ONE level of several and that it plays havoc on the atmosphere or I'll be PISSED. Seriously, look at some of the maps players have developed for Doom in Hellish levels. There's so many things they could do to improve. You know what I think stood out the most to me? Slime. Tendrils. Blood flows. We had the lava falls in Doom 3, but no rivers of blood. Occasional pockets of blood pools but nothing more. There better be hellish transformations taking over the base too. I wanna feel the panic attack, making me think Hell's transforming the base and trying to drag me into a pocket dimension like it's powerfully consuming it. I didn't get that vibe whatsoever with the previews, so that was disappointing. Hell's just a rocky wasteland like you said, and that would be an utter shame if that's all it was...

Also, enough of the floating platforms already! Give us a TRUE Hellscape! Give me Limbo! Give me DIS (Capital of Hell)!

I seriously want Dis... I NEED Dis. I want an icon of sin to fight, with some spider masterminds. The lack of that pissed me off in Doom 3. I can understand it not being in Painkiller because they went for a more failure-esque (and completely fuck-the-cutscene) route (because there wasn't fire in the sky and the land wasn't blood red like the cutscene showed it to be), but only because it was just one level.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Doom (4) coming next Spring   Today at 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Doom (4) coming next Spring
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New LEGO store coming to Newark, DE!!!
» DOOM CLANS ARE THE BEST
» Welcome Spring Party!
» THIS FRIDAY SPRING FEVER AFTERWORK MUEVATE SALSA - FREE SHOTS - FREE SALSA LESSONS - DRINK SPECIALS TILL 10PM!!!
» Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Non AEoD related :: Off Topic Talk-
Jump to: