» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

Michaelis

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Creator Revealed: OST of HR2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Please welcome Pekka Marttinen (AKA Petter Mårtensen).
Spoiler:

This might not be him, but it's an uploaded picture from his account on gear discussing site, so it might be him.

According to a comment he posted on YouTube, all those tracks we love dearly in Hell Revealed 2 were composed by him. Some at the age of 13 (like AEoD 5 theme).
On his website, you can find "old midi songs". Together with a zip-archive full of midis which I haven't checked by now, there is a real, REAL mp3 recording of "The Temple of Judgement". Also known as AEoD 5 theme. Also known as the music from "The Path II" map16 from Hell Revealed 2.

There's also a text file in his zip archive containing some info and the list of midis.

Info.txt:

All info is from his site: http://thyrbse.nn.fi/

Last edited by DBThanatos on Wed May 18, 2016 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Put the picture in spoiler tags, it was breaking the forum layout. -DBT)
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:23 am

I feel like I've always loved an album by an artist, and 5 years later discovered that there was a CD2 of this album that I had never heard.
And this is more or less what it is. All tracks were composed in more or less same period.
And there is more to it. Four all-true all-real MP3's of those songs, by their original creator, with occasional detail like solos or an extra track of guitar that we never heard! (Actually, 3 of them are heard in HR2, and 1 is new to us.)

Yeah, I'm feeling fucking excited. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:45 am

TELL ME MAP29 IS IN HERE!!!

Oh man, now I have to go back and play HR2 again.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:39 am

Yes, Map29 "Hell's Cauldron" is in the zip, named "When the Sun Won't Rise Anymore". Sadly, it doesn't have an MP3 version.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Holy mother of... Michaelis, I owe you something now.

You didnt just find the author, but also the fully recorded version of that song I love? Holy damn!!

Downloading it and adding it as my new ringtone!

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Thyrbse
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 am

Hello!

I just came here to confirm that this is all correct information. Some songs on Hell Revealed 2 soundtrack are incorrectly credited to Grave. But Grave didn´t compose any of "his" songs. They are all my songs. Grave asked for my permission to use my songs for HR2 sometime in 1998-1999. But for some reason, my songs ended up as Grave´s songs in the credits. Probably it´s just a mistake. I´m not blaming anyone for stealing my music. But it´s still quite annoying.

I must also point out that I´m NOT claiming Sam Woodman´s work as my own. Some people have misunderstood this.

There is also a topic about this on doomworld forums, where I stopped by to set things right.

Thank you for your time!

- Petter Mårtensen (Pekka Marttinen in real life)
(also known as Thyrbse/Grimmu/Grim Reaper)

P.S. Seems to be I´m not allowed to post links as a new member. My website was posted earlier, and you can check out my channel "thyrbse" on Youtube, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Tue May 17, 2016 8:40 pm

cyclops Oh my god, legends in the flesh!

So Grave was even a person. I initially thought that it's misspelled Grimmu, however unlikely this misspelling is. The nickname "Grave" is utterly ungoogleable, and readmes didn't feature any contact for him, so it was impossible to find out truth for a while.

Thank you for your major contribution to world's collection of classic music for megawads. We had great time listening to it. A sign of acception can be found in that it has found its place in music randomizers, like Jimmy's Jukebox. Not to mention that it was bundled with AEoD for a while in its early days!

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 am

Well, hello there.

It's awesome to hear from you. I've been a fan of your music since I heard it for the first time. Am Im not saying "oh, it sounds good". Fan as in "I love it and I have The Temple Of Judgement as my permanent ringtone".

I had no idea about the whole thing regarding the credits. I will make sure to credit YOU from now on. As Michaelis mentioned in his 1st post, I totally used that song for this mod's title screen. And I really didnt know who to credit for that.

I wonder though, do you play doom?

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Thyrbse
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Wed May 18, 2016 1:04 pm

I played a lot of Doom 1&2 and also Heretic back in the day when it was spread on diskettes. But I was so young then and I used a lot of cheats Very Happy Much later, when the opengl Doom engines started popping into existence, I´ve probably finished all base games on ultra violence. But Hell Revealed... too much for my abilities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Wed May 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Haha. Well, to be fair, it is quite difficult.

I usually can play it but only saving every time make the slightest progress.

So, Im a bit confused. AeonSphere & Unhealing are bands you have / participated with?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Thyrbse
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Wed May 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Unhealing is my personal solo project. All songs are fully composed and recorded by me. One day I might hire a real drummer and a vocalist and go to a proper studio. But it´s not happening anytime soon.

AeonSphere songs are composed by my friend Tamás Alföldi. I joined the project to play guitar and bass for the recordings and I´ve also provided some musical assistance. We´ve had a few rehearsals with a drummer also, but he´s not in the project anymore.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Wed May 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Welcome aboard, Petter! It's one hell of an honor to have you with us.

I have a question though. Hell's Cauldron's song "When the Sun Won't Rise Anymore" (MAP29 on Hell Revealed II)... I would pay to have a live version of that one. Would you possibly be open for commissioning on that piece?

(I swear I must be the single person here who loves that song to death.)

Gut Knot is easily my second favorite of all the songs too. The crazed frenzy when playing Playground... Oh man. It gives that vibe of absolute panic attack massacre.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Thyrbse
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 am

When Sun Won´t Rise... won´t be on my to-do list anytime soon, unfortunately. I just played through the song and found it to be very boring to play on guitar Very Happy Also some of the chording is bugging me. It was the first time I tried that kind of chord progression. The mid section is pretty heavy, though. Maybe I´ll use it in a future song one day. Hehah.

Probably the next old song I´ll redo will be Dancing Skeleton, Zombi Rises or Owl (which is not on HR2). But I have a lot of new composing and arranging going on now right now, so the old songs will have to wait. AeonSphere dude will also finish a new song in the near future, so I will need to record that. They are always challenging projects.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 am

Major Cooke wrote:
(I swear I must be the single person here who loves that song to death.)
Oh don't you say so! It's a perfect piece for a perfect map, and it's a damn shame the map isn't the last one! It would be a really proper finale, an epic one, one that we we deserve. The map30 they had in Hell Revealed 2 was as much of a gimmick as the music by Sam Woodman that accompanied it.

(Note that while I might sound anti-Sam-Woodman, I'm actually not. In the years I learned to like his glitchy filler soundtrack. Even though I explicitly call it filler here, emotionally I'm glad to hear it, and from time to time I even turn it on intentionally.)

Thyrbse, if there will ever be any kind of project reviving the old HR2 songs, be sure to count on me as a drummer. My programmed drums are 146% authentic and completely indistinguishable from real. I could play it live, though it would probably be kinda sloppy Smile

Dance with a Skeleton was my personal favorite of all of them, mainly because of how dissonantly guitar intro disturbs piano playing its own thing. Back when I was in high-school, I rendered it with FL Studio's electric guitar and drums and listened to it while commuting.
And Zombi Rises from the Grave was selected as theme of AEoD v4, before The Temple of Judgement, which was for AEoD v5. So it means a hell of a lot for us here too!

Back to top Go down
Thyrbse
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Thu May 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Perhaps we need a fan-made cover album? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Thu May 19, 2016 8:59 pm

I know a couple people who could participate... Wink

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Fri May 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forums! I always loved the HR2 soundtrack. I remember I played HR2 on some Skulltag servers back in 2008-2009 and it was fun and I really liked the soundtrack. However I also heard MAP07 theme in AEOD v4's title screen but didn't know that music actually came from HR2, since I didn't get to play all maps of HR2 or I don't remember exactly why. Then in AEOD v5's title screen, MAP15 theme was heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creator Revealed: OST of HR2   Today at 7:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Creator Revealed: OST of HR2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1