» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

"Going Down" Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:04 pm

So now you know what I chose!

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Couple things you need to keep in mind:

1. Set sv_allowcrouch to true.
2. Map 29, after you kill everyone, you'll need to enter in changemap 30 or changelevel 30, whichever one it was. The spider mastermind uses dehacked, that's why... It calls A_BrainDie to exit the map.
3. Yes, it is Cyriak.
4. Yes, WAD is pronounced just as you originally said it.
5. Joke mode would fit here just perfectly, damnit. clown Don't you remember the diabolical dice!?
6. Try playing with a director on.
7. You're stopping yourself from saying "suck" because you can predict I'll bring in all the dirty jokes in the next talk through we have together. Razz
8. It's how I make my midis too. I use Aria Maestosa. I don't use anything but my mouse, not hard at all to do.

Shit around? You mean share it around?

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
8. It's how I make my midis too. I use Aria Maestosa. I don't use anything but my mouse, not hard at all to do.

I guess the difference is not what you use to produce notes, but how you arrange them. Cyriak just throws them around semi-randomly until they start sounding good to him. I guess it doesn't take long for him, given what we hear as the result Smile
His musical education is limited to crazy prog he listens to and one single lesson in his childhood, where he could locate C on the keyboard. (I just recall it from memory and it could be wrong.)

I admire his music and I think his music is underrated compared to his videos. I even thought of writing him an email about it. And inviting him to use Bandcamp, because these guys sure know how to help people share their music with the world, for free or for money. But never did it, because why should I, people can read minds from distance, so there's obviously no point in emailing an English freelance animator, perhaps the most famous English freelance animator.

Last edited by Michaelis on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Oh yes, it was about time! BTW 2 days ago I had a dream that you started playing another megawad but I don't remember what it was, all I remember is that you were on a map similar to the one from Alien Vendetta (MAP32 I think) which had all rooms blue. Laughing

A couple of things:

-0:22 you're welcome man. I even forgot that this was my suggestion, heh. Smile
-At about 2 minutes, yeah I know the feeling, first time I saw "Cyriak" in readme, I was thinking it sounds familiar and it can't be same guy who made those videos on YT but apparently it was and then I was like "WOW". But yeah that was a surprise for me.
-5:36 Ouch, you got killed on the first map but that's fine, AEOD can sometimes make even the first maps chaotic and there wasn't much health around. And about crouching, try what Major Cooke suggested...
-...or just edit the wad file. Don't worry about that, I also did that a year ago when playing certain newer mapsets like Mayhem 2048. Or you can just forget about crouching and jumping. Razz (although this isn't recommended as it makes dodging monsters' attacks harder)
-8:25 that's what is happening to me currently in Aliens TC mod (although I'm not using AEOD to play it, just Eternity Engine source port). Health and ammo nowhere to be found except in rare places and in low amount. Evil or Very Mad
-9:10 I watched that video before, the first time I saw it I was like "WTF?" Oh and also the "poo pants" one. Laughing
-14:50 Once again you're welcome and I also hope you will have a blast with this.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 am

I feel ashamed for posting stuff like this, but hey, it's the first time I do it!

cheers We want more! We want more! We want more! cheers

Edit: And there we go, rejoice the world! Thanks DBT!

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:16 pm

The lack of weapons at first is why I played with the left 4 dead director at least. Seriously wasn't very happy about the lack of weaponry.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:08 am

1:43 Bright thinking! Saving often is a great idea, you never know what will happen next.
2:10 Don't worry, I forgive you this time. Razz
3:00 The captions just said "half-life 3". Oh wait, Half-Life 3 confirmed! Laughing
3:40 Serpent Staff melee attack can help you get rid of zombies. BTW funny thing, last night I dreamed that I was playing some kind of weird Doom mod that had Heretic, Hexen and Blood mixed up in dream, I was using the Soul Leech (because I killed the final boss called Technoborg or whatever his name is and he dropped the weapon, much like in AEOD and it used older sprites which are now used for Death Hand) against a couple of Skulltag monsters like Cacolantern and then I used serpent staff against a centaur from Hexen, then accidentally pressed enter and used porkalator and morphed myself into pig which had a creepy looking snout (it was staying in MIDDLE of screen and was longer than usual and was cut Shocked )
7:20 However this time you shouldn't have reloaded, I wanted to see if you still survived because you had medkits in inventory (medkits can be life savers, literary)
9:30 At least this time you acknowledged it. Razz
10:40 Good thing you figured out the melee attack of Serpent Staff gibs them. Now you will not have to deal with zombies anymore. Razz

I'm glad you finished this map without dying, though those reloads, I wanted to see if you can do a map both without dying and reloading. You also forgot to use a medkit at end of level to restore remaining health to 200 but I don't think 20 HP matters that much.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 pm

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:57 pm

That row of barrels was meant for you to save ammo with, by luring the demons along it and then blowing it up.

You don't really recognize usable traps, do you, DBT? Razz

"It makes me 'go happy'." Yet another one for the quotes page.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:57 am

2:02 You are actually doing pretty well with just what you have currently, the serpent staff can heal you while fighting monsters, so you aren't in the danger of low health. However the armor will wear out quickly. But yeah, more weapons are always welcomed. Wink
2:50 Yes, that Quake 2 monster is called an "enforcer". And LOL at that jockey that's riding the enforcer. Laughing
3:05 Just a small note that the jockey itself doesn't do much damage when he is riding you but it can make things chaotic while around with other monsters.
4:44 But you forgot to pick up the gauntlets and the charm spell. Razz
6:20 A bit unrelated to what you did but see, I told you that reloading isn't necessary and you can deal with monsters fine even if you are about to die.
6:38 Oh I talked too early, you reloaded game again. bounce
7:36 Sometimes the RNG spawns the exact same monster 2 or more times, really annoying in this case where it spawns same damn monsters.
7:40 You were doing fine, you just had to find a safe spot to detonate close to the angel.
7:51 Actually you did better right here. Smart thinking. Wink
9:02 You should have used the pentagram right here, though if you played unmodified Doom, the invulnerability would have activated automatically.
9:15 Or you can just make them kill each other, much better idea and save the pentagram for later.
10:35 You just died but at least this time you didn't reload before dying.
10:50 That was funny. You get slower speed and also detonate the bomb near you. Then you get killed by a monster. Laughing
12:38 HAH, I always liked when I killed a monster from specific game with the weapon from same game. Too bad I still haven't play Blood, will get in the following months.
12:42 And you just took the "HAH" from my mouth. Laughing
13:20 You confused me a bit with full ammo thing, you made me think you pressed the "cheat" key, so I checked the video again since the spider boss monster and it was him that dropped the ammo sphere that gave you full ammo.
14:20 Yes finally you picked these up! I was hoping you will pick them up because you seem to miss a lot of items.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:05 am

Hopefully the posts will get moved there but in the meantime, here are my comments for map04:

0:25 Great start here. You did nothing but reload the game. I can see how the video will be later. Laughing
0:50 A bit of a stealthy tip here but whenever I see monsters with their backs at me (say at a map start), I select my gauntlets and silently kill them to not alert the rest monsters.
1:50 Great thinking but "saving ammo" may not be necessary as there is enough ammo in levels, at least for me in any map I'm playing. I never run out of ammo, though the maps you are playing could have lower amounts of ammo, I suppose.
2:08 That "weapon switching on pickup in middle of fight" also happened to me several times. Really annoying, especially in that situation of picking up an EXPLOSIVE weapon. You could have used the Dragon Claw to clean out the monsters that teleported here. Hope you will keep the weapon like you keep the healing weapons (Gauntlets and Serpent Staff). But note that all 3 of them use Blue Mana, so choose your weapon wisely. Razz
2:19 Grenade Launcher, not Rocket Launcher. Did you just forgot what you picked up earlier? Don't worry, sometimes I also forget things easily. Razz
4:34 Damn that happened again. Oh and 5 seconds later you died, thankfully you saved earlier and didn't spam reloads again.
5:50 The only downside at disabling the weapon autoswitch is that you won't know when you pick up a NEW weapon and you might forget of using it later.
6:27 Haha you died when you reloaded. The monsters predicted when you were going to reload. Wink
6:52-8:44 Good thing you didn't reload this time. Though seriously now, I would suggest using Dragon Claw's altfire to clear the room full of monsters, it works so much better. You should use it more often. Smile
9:47 Yes that might work better but I would suggest to SPAM the altfire of it. The primary fire doesn't do much when used against groups. Again, you should use this more often when fighting GROUPS of monster and use ALTFIRE and only that!
10:44 OK the primary fire still works nicely but only when used against 1-2 monsters. Remember when it's groups, use altfire.
11:32 Potato.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:22 am

FistMarine wrote:
That "weapon switching on pickup in middle of fight" <...> especially in that situation of picking up an EXPLOSIVE weapon.
Looks like some weapons could really use the +WEAPON.NOAUTOFIRE flag. Hey, dev guys! Ya hearing me? What? I'm one of you? Fine then... Wink

FistMarine wrote:
The only downside at disabling the weapon autoswitch is that you won't know when you pick up a NEW weapon and you might forget of using it later.
QFT. This, very much. If I were you, I'd reenable autoswitch as soon as this particular map is finished.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:04 am

Michaelis wrote:
Looks like some weapons could really use the +WEAPON.NOAUTOFIRE flag. Hey, dev guys! Ya hearing me? What? I'm one of you? Fine then... Wink
You mean like Rocket Launcher and BFG9000 from original Doom? I know that they don't fire right away if you hold fire and select them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:44 am

Yep, exactly. This is why this flag exists in the first place.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:30 pm

To keep it in the same thread, this is the video the last few posts were about Razz

Sorry for blurry thumbnail. I totally deleted the original video before I made the thumbnail, so I had to settle with a blurry YT capture Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:32 pm

In the correct thread this time!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:27 am

0:35 Yeah I like challenges too because most of the mapsets I have been playing are ridiculously easy with AEOD, example currently I'm on MAP16 of Realm of Chaos (did secret levels as well) and didn't die at all so far, though I had been close to dying in MAP15 a couple of times but nothing killed me so far in this wad. Most 32-map wads I complete with only 2 deaths at most. But yeah I like challenges because otherwise it's too easy and boring. Razz
1:10-1:30 Thanks for mentioning me and accepting my suggestions, I feel honored. Very Happy
1:40 Yeah I will keep that in mind, though I didn't hear exactly what you said in the next 25 seconds but I assume you said that you can't concentrate very well while talking, thus you are forgetting about what I told about reloading? Razz
3:05 I won't blame you for dying, I'd rather see you die than to reload to avoid deaths.
4:32 I would suggest to use dragon claw altfire. The grenades don't work rather well in this place except maybe for throwing on windows (at 4:45 for example, that is an ideal place to launch some grenades). Oh and at 4:49 I can suggest using altfire to launch a bigger grenade that splits into multiple tiny grenades, it kills monsters faster.
5:32 See, I told you the dragon claw altfire can pretty much take any monster rather quickly.
6:28 And earlier you just said "Hope I don't die.". Well I guess the monsters heard you and wanted to kill you. Razz
8:52 That fucking dog almost fucked you up. This is why I hate the respawning monsters and use explosives or freeze weapons to get rid of them. They are top priority in my killing and if one of them dies normally, I wait for them to get up and then continue exploring the map. Otherwise you'd have them attacking you from back.
9:04 High Jump isn't all that useful since 1) Jumping breaks maps and 2) The maps have low height so there is no place to jump that high.
9:27 Haha that made me laugh a bit. I told you zombies (and respawning monsters in general) can kill you from behind if you don't get rid of them earlier. Laughing
12:10 I laughed so hard here. Sorry but your own grenades killing you and of course you didn't save game, even though I was saying in my mind "SAVE NOW!".
13:25 Definitely the effect is pretty good if the map has slime and lava in it and you were lucky this time to have the slime close to you. It also seems to refill health to 500! Smile
14:30 I don't think jumping is bad as long as you don't break the map.
15:30 I noticed the same thing sometimes when I'm playing. I have no idea what is trying to teleport.
16:02 You aren't only one who rarely uses powerups but I just prefer keeping them for last level. I only use "multiple of same" powerups since when you start next level you start with 1 of each powerup except dice.
16:21 Well this time I would have done the same thing with reloading because I said in my mind why you used powerups when there aren't any high-class monsters. Razz
17:37 Again I would have done the same thing (wasting too much ammo and health). This and the other time are when I would have also reloaded the game.
19:00 Yeah that's why I don't disable autoswitching, you will never know what weapon you picked up earlier. Also that fucking lich that keeps freezing you!
21:33 Thank God the Life Urn didn't go wasted. I was saying in my mind to use it before exit. Too bad you didn't benefit of the extra Pentagram.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:04 am

FistMarine wrote:
13:25 Definitely the effect is pretty good if the map has slime and lava in it and you were lucky this time to have the slime close to you. It also seems to refill health to 500! Smile
By the way, this is interesting. I never thought that it heals up to 500 until I saw this episode, and it makes this bonus more useful. Most effects of Diabolical Dice [IMHO] aren't as useful as they should be [/IMHO], so I was glad to see it.

Last edited by Michaelis on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 am

One of the effects in 6.02 was completely useless. I mean it. The slow ability had been removed from monsters, so I removed that from 6.06 and replaced it with something neat instead.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:06 am

0:40 I agree, it will be awesome to see you do a map without dying, though I will admit Going Down maps are actually pretty damn challenging, I can't speak for myself as I haven't played this mapset yet (shame on me, I missed some great recently released wads but I'm playing them in chronological order Razz ) but it is possible to do maps without dying, it just depends a lot of the map and the RNG.
0:48 Well again you died because the monsters heard you saying you would want to do map without dying. Glad you used the life urn in previous map or you would be in a hopeless situation here.
2:45 I give you credit for not reloading, don't worry! Razz  Though I would suggest using other weapons against the monsters from this room as you can see the grenade launcher isn't that good in this situation. I would recommend the Dragon Claw altfire as this weapon worked 99% times for me, only times it won't work would be against zombies as it won't gib them and monsters that reflect attacks as the altfire turned against you can do a lot of damage.
3:25 Damn wow that monster one-shot you. And yeah for invisibility I don't use the powerup much but when I do, I double check which weapon I have in hand because sometimes it is hard to see what weapon you are holding, especially in darker environments.
5:00 No worries about reloading here, you accidentally activated Freeze Mode on. I would have done the same if I accidentally cheated but I don't have cheats bind on random keys. I suggest you to unbind cheats during playthrough or bind them to other keys that aren't close to the movement keys, etc.
6:40 I gotta say these parts were a bit funny and how you went down to 1 health by hurting yourself. But I don't think using the Life Urn was a great idea since there was health down there but I would have done the same if I was in same situation, I guess. Hope you will find one later.
8:10 Use the altfire to freeze the damn dog.
11:00 Well for me it was obvious as I knew that you used the Painkiller shotgun, plus you picked up earlier. And I think it was a great idea to use some powerups this time, why not?
11:35 Yeah I noticed when you stopped you were going to reload but thankfully you didn't. See, I have told you that you can deal with pretty much anything pretty good.
12:00 Maybe on the next map you will find again all the secrets, who knows?

Anyway looking forward to next video.

EDIT: Michaelis, I agree with you, there are many useless effects you can achieve from throwing dice. However some can be very useful.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:55 pm

On Painframe:

@7:46 - Yay, finally!
@11:00 - I knew it was the shotgun, the sound is unmistakable.

On Bad Reception:

Very nice score on the Hell Root! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am

I don't have much to say about this video but here are my thoughts:

1:10 Something tells me this is going to be really hard.
3:50 While it's a good idea to convert monsters into your side, you still have to kill them afterwards to trigger the effect for this map.
4:14 What did I told you about unbinding the Freeze Mode and other cheat keys for a while? Razz
4:44-6:00 That was kinda boring to watch, I understand what you were trying to do but it didn't work that well.
6:15 Finally you decided to use altfire of Dragon Claw against these monsters but still you should just hold the button instead of tapping it. Don't worry about wasting mana, there should be plenty of blue mana.
8:30 I don't understand either, you made me think that picking up the weapon reveals those monsters but it's killing the fatsos, though I don't understand why 1 still remains alive and the monsters still appear.
10:20 The map may be hard but you are also a bit unlucky here I suppose. The monsters seem to be strategically placed in multiple directions and if you try to kill one, you are getting attacked by the other and so on.
11:52 Apostle.
13:00 I think you should have kept the freeze gun because it's useful against zombies. But you didn't have much choice as all 3 weapons were good.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Those keybinds can be useful if something goes completely upside down in the mod and something stupid happens. Like what happened with the massive skull freeze in his alien vendetta series.

Plus, maybe he works on more development stuff after he's done recording, so no point in unbinding them if he has to rebind them, just dont press the keys.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Today at 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down

"Going Down" Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: