» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

"Going Down" Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:10 am

I don't remember in which video the massive freeze was, can you remind me? And yeah I know they can be useful when testing mod but wouldn't be better if he bind on other keys instead of ones close to "movement keys" for example? Like I am guessing he uses WASD for moving and "F" for freeze mode but "F" is close to "D" and can be accidentally pressed sometimes. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 pm

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:56 pm

0:13 I would recommend blowing up the barrels, so later if they get blown up, you will not suffer up a lot of damage.
1:05 Yeah that's true, GZDoom's lighting can sometimes spoil secrets.
2:48 Yes finally! Also you have to shoot that green switch you looked earlier.
3:50 Finally! Razz
4:28 I remember MySpace, though I never had an account made for it. That reminds me I miss the good old days. Surprised
5:38 Sorry but I had to laugh here. Once again monsters hear you and they always ruin the moment! Laughing
5:58 Yeah I knew that was going to happen. You should blow up the barrels, so that they don't explode in your face as I told earlier.
6:17 You just stand on the grenade. This episode seems to be the funniest so far! Laughing
6:50 Uh oh, I heard a Moloch. The funny thing is that few days ago I managed to kill THREE of them in same map (a huge map with 1500+ monsters) without dying, two were one after other. Though I got my ass kicked by other monsters and Oscuro boss in that map. Maybe I should stop talking about myself...
7:05 Oh he is stuck inside crate and can't move. Razz
8:12 Again that was funny death, the robot was walking around you peacefully, then he killed you. Oh man I wasn't kidding when this episode is funniest so far! Laughing
11:50 Maybe you should have killed that hunter that remained alive.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 pm

@fistmarine: you're not gonna like how many times I died here!

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Uh oh, then I will expect the video to contain a lot of rage. I will watch it anyway! Smile

1:00 Hmm okay the first death in this level, I didn't laugh but I found interesting how your corpse slide.
2:08 I don't know what happened there and who killed you. But I'm glad you saved game!
2:52 That sphere increases maximum health and restores health to new maximum value as well. You could pick it up when you are low on health so that you get most benefit out of it.
3:40 Interesting dice effect. Too bad you are low on health so you don't get too much use of this.
6:38 I guess this is where the "fun" begins?
7:34 Monsters heard you again. The funny thing is that few seconds prior to what you said, I was also wondering how you managed to survive that.
9:16 Not related to death but I noticed you reached 600+ souls, so this is the place where the Demon Morph could have been handy.
10:21 ??? Speaking of demon morph, while I do admit I would have reloaded the game as well if I picked that up when I didn't need it, I would have made a backup save first in case I am having a hard time again on previous save and would have loaded it. I don't think reloading game was a smart move as the black pentagram is a rare powerup and I think it got dropped randomly by a monster.
12:18 Yeah it was a powerup and you wasted it on reloading. Still I am glad you saved game here because I thought you will die more times.
16:40 And you finished the level? It didn't seem that bad, it could be much worse. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 pm

The thumbnail map number is wrong. I'll fix that!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:28 am

Missed that one, sorry. Had trouble with internet these days. Anyway:

0:20 I hate when this happens too, a really good start indeed.
4:50 I noticed that, so far you did without dying.
6:13 Damn, first death. Oh well you were doing fine but this is reason why I never bother using gauntlets alt-fire on higher class monsters, same thing in Heretic when using tome of power.
6:43 Well that was interesting how the Smoker (?) grabbed you and threw you all over place right in a room with blue key and another monster killed you.
8:40 Thank God you saved, I was saying in my mind to save because you got those 2 nice powerups.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I shall give it a custom thumbnail whenever I can

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Vivisection: the practice of performing operations on live animals for the purpose of experimentation or scientific research (used only by people who are opposed to such work).

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:13 pm

@Cooke, and indeed it fits the level aesthetics

Next map:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:15 am

Woah, I missed 2 videos??? I MUST visit this site more often!

Map11:

0:20 I lol'd when the captions said "niggerfaggot". I can't stop laughing! Laughing
2:38 Use a freeze-type of weapon or explosive to get rid of that fucking zombie! I just can't stand fact that you kill them and they come back to life and attack you later, I mean I don't have a problem with them personally because I know how to get rid of them but you keep using shotgun and dragon claw against them, which doesn't work, even though Dragon Claw is one of best weapons in the mod, it's not doing its job right against zombies. The primary fire you used against zombies HAS a small chance of gibbing them but I'd rather use an explosive or the alt-fire of the PK shotgun to get rid of them, than kill them and have them come back later, which is annoying as you can see they attack you from behind while you are busy fighting other enemies. Sorry if I sounded rude but don't say I didn't tell you about zombies if you get killed by them! Razz (well that happened a few videos back but you know what I mean)
3:12 Ah there you go, see it wasn't that hard. Oh and seconds later and you realized that you killed him "five times already" but like I said, it just doesn't work to use the same tactic that you used before when didn't work, you have to try something new. If something doesn't work from first try, don't bother doing it again second time because it will not work! Razz (enough with ranting on zombies, let's watch video!)
3:27 Ah yes I remember that Quake 2 map! Believe it or not, it was my favorite map as kid (don't ask me why!) but it had something like the humans kept spawning and it was funny seeing them trapped and get tortured, well I mean I don't enjoy seeing humans tortured but I just liked the way they designed map. Very Happy
3:43 lol captions again, mentioned "Romania". I feel honored. lol!
4:50 WOW I am really impressed how you handled this fight with powerups! Yes seriously, you were about to die but this time you managed to escape. Hooray! cheers (and shortly after I posted cheers smiley, you just said "Cheers I guess" Razz You could say I'm reading your mind.)
8:00 Again I'm impressed you didn't get killed in this map, and now I'm feeling guilty I didn't watch this video earlier as I missed one of the best videos you did so far.

But wait! We aren't done just yet! Map 12 calls me in:

1:40 Uh oh, I can predict this isn't going well. I guess the monsters want revenge for previous map! Razz
1:55 Well here we go with first death.
2:27 You should have used radiation suit.
3:50 I don't know why but I misunderstood what you said into "I don't want to SAVE until the end of map" and I got a bit worried how you can do this map without dying but then shortly after, I realized you don't want to DIE until the end of the map.
4:42 Yeah it's probably the behavior that Michaelis mentioned earlier with +WEAPON.NOAUTOFIRE or something like that.
6:10 Good to know the weapon finally showed its usefulness for you. Razz
6:40 That asshole that was flying and shooting with red fireballs which do insane amount of damage. That one killed you.
11:54 OK I will admit that made me laugh a bit of your death because you stand on centaur flames and almost die but the baby ripper just killed you. Laughing
13:10 Sorry but I laughed here so much, that damn centaur that almost killed you in previous attempt, had to reflect your attack! Laughing
13:25 I don't have a problem with reloads as long as it's a reload on wasted powerups (like you did) and stuff like that.
16:30 Thank God the exit opened or I had a feeling you would use NOCLIP to get passed the gates. Razz
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Whoa, fistmarine. I will read the comment in a little while. I just wanted to come post this one Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Well shit, I missed this one too. Oh well time to watch it since next week on 1st I will start college.

1:40 Just a small tip: You should pick up the souls dropped by monsters.
2:48 Hah, you read my mind (though this time I was more watching the video and less thinking about tips)
4:25 Yeah this time I said in my mind "change weapon" and you did change the weapon. Well now I could say you read my mind. Razz
4:50 This time you didn't read my mind as I kept saying "take the powerup" since you were low on health but good thing is that you have 10 medkits in inventory, so it's not a big problem as they are auto-used to prevent from dying (this is default Heretic/Hexen behavior but could only be used on easiest skill setting, while here on AEOD it's for all skills)
5:08 Finally. I was getting tired of saying to take that.
6:20 Not really cheating unless you are using to break map but you could have saved for later...oh wait there is another Flight Rune! Well lucky you because I usually keep these for MAP30.
6:30 OK I will forgive you this time. Though there was enough ammo, so I wouldn't worry about wasting ammo, considering you have plenty for others.
6:39 Ah not again just killing zombie.
6:46 Well at least this time you had reason to reload.
8:30 I see that it's not going very well. I'm crossing fingers you will survive this map without dying. Smile
11:44 Alright I guessed it right. Glad you finished another map without dying. I'm starting to think you are getting better or luckier. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:11 pm

I would say Im getting luckier. I think I aim a bit better, but my surviving skills still seem to suck bit time.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:10 am

Yeah, I can't wait for next video to see if you do without dying or not. I think you are improving a bit.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:10 pm

No. Unfortunately, I did die several times. Fun map though

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 am

I will watch video anyway! BTW yesterday I had first day of college and wasn't that bad but today is free day because in schedule Friday doesn't have any subjects. Very Happy

0:28 I don't use the spells at all with exception of morph spell since it's most useful to me and I keep forgetting about them anyway.
1:30 Lol yeah when video was uploaded, I was sleeping. Razz
2:18 First death but you should have used the dragon claw from start since the PK shotgun obviously wouldn't work against Daedalus or whatever that monster name is.
2:42 What did I told you earlier about zombies?
3:50 Why you didn't take the Scrab Staff?
6:05 Well I knew that's gonna happen. I guess THIS is a good spot for the demon morph because of all those barrels and monsters.
6:50 You reloaded because of picking up the armor earlier, right? Because then I also said in my mind to not pick up that armor since it will be lost when you morph.
8:34 Uhh why you didn't just rush and killed those monsters during morph? Now that's second reload I don't understand (previous one was if you picked up armor but you did anyway). Now I'm confused. scratch
9:23 Ah it worked better this time. Now I understand.
9:36 Didn't save? I'm not sure how many monsters are you trying to kill in demon morph.
10:15 I think that was a thunderstorm rune you picked up.
10:43 Yeah. Also for demon morph I agree that it's best to make the best use of demon morph but you know you also have 2 time runes. Now when you are going to use the second one before you exit level? Razz
11:45 Oh I admit I didn't expect this one. It should have appeared when you were still demon but fighting a boss normally once in a while isn't that bad. Smile
12:05 That or the angel reflected your shot, as he probably activated shield right when you turned with back at him.
13:15 Yeah I hate that guy Nick too because many times he hit me with this grenade. Very hard to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:03 am

Nice you choose this one, did the whole wad on friday and I enjoyed it. Think you will too, except maybe a map or two that were pretty confusing.

Kind of related.... I found this the other day http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/zdcmp2 Looks amazing but it wont work from scratch on aeod cos of all the scripting and custom monsters and weps in there already I think.

What do you guys think of http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/resurge ? First maps are kind of mediocre but they seem to pick up a bit.

Last edited by Findus on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am

The first link was broken (lead to a file not found page). I'll have to give the second one a spin.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
The first link was broken (lead to a file not found page). I'll have to give the second one a spin.

Yeah, ended the sentence there so it added the dot at the end. Fixed now.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:57 am

First one seems to be ZDoom Community Map Project Take 2 which unfortunately will not work with AEOD. But the second one Resurgence should work but I heard it's fucking hard and I don't recommend it with AEOD. I plan to play these wads because I haven't played them.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:03 pm

FistMarine wrote:
I heard it's fucking hard and I don't recommend it with AEOD.

Ive come quite far in it with aeod. Unfortunately few triggers dont seem to work or I just didnt find the switches so I had to noclip up some stairs aso in few maps. Worst map so far was a small one where the flying orange monk cyberdemon boss made shit real though... and now cooke will chastise me for not remembering the bosses name.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Whoa. Im halfway through and Im getting new suggestions! Keep em coming. Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 am

Findus wrote:
FistMarine wrote:
I heard it's fucking hard and I don't recommend it with AEOD.

Ive come quite far in it with aeod. Unfortunately few triggers dont seem to work or I just didnt find the switches so I had to noclip up some stairs aso in few maps. Worst map so far was a small one where the flying orange monk cyberdemon boss made shit real though... and now cooke will chastise me for not remembering the bosses name.

Don't worry, I don't know the name of all monsters either. Razz And that flying orange monk Cyberdemon class, I think you mean the one that looks like El Oscuro from ROTT but is orange and drops that Volcano Cannon Slot 0 weapon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 am

Experimental Flame Leviathan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   

Back to top Go down

"Going Down" Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: