» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

"Going Down" Talkthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:49 am

FistMarine wrote:
Findus wrote:
FistMarine wrote:
I heard it's fucking hard and I don't recommend it with AEOD.

Ive come quite far in it with aeod. Unfortunately few triggers dont seem to work or I just didnt find the switches so I had to noclip up some stairs aso in few maps. Worst map so far was a small one where the flying orange monk cyberdemon boss made shit real though... and now cooke will chastise me for not remembering the bosses name.

Don't worry, I don't know the name of all monsters either. Razz And that flying orange monk Cyberdemon class, I think you mean the one that looks like El Oscuro from ROTT but is orange and drops that Volcano Cannon Slot 0 weapon. Smile

Yeah, although I just tricked him into a corner and ran past him constantly so I never got the wep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 pm

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:58 am

7:29 YOU WERE SO CLOSE! ;~; So close to FINALLY beating a map without dying!

Heh, oh well. By the way, use the hell root... Don't neglect it. The white souls use green mana.

In Going Down, the exit is the super secret exit. You have no choice. Razz

The mapset was meant for Boom ports I believe.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 pm

WHAT? 2 VIDEOS MISSED? I'm going to catch up.

MAP15:

0:38 Definitely. Oh and heard a Moloch. I can see where this is going. Laughing
1:48 Well you "wasted" 2 mystic soul spheres. I think you should have kept these for later since it seems you already reached 300 max health.
1:57 Wise choice.
2:00 Grenade Launcher VS Spider Mastermind? This is gonna be interesting. Too bad the thumbnail already spoiled that.
2:10 Oh I didn't expect to go down (see what I did here?) that easily.
2:29 That awkward moment when you kill the boss without any problem but the weaker monsters then manage kill you. And you should have gotten the mystic soul sphere now.
4:00 LOL I was about to say something related to "Sorry for being stupid" (which would have been a compliment by the way, in other words you aren't, just careless) but now you said I am facepalming but actually no I'm not facepalming this time. Or not yet. Razz
4:58 OK that was a bit funny how you died and said "God damn it!". I know the gauntlets can be useful in situations like these but it doesn't work that well when you are surrounded by monsters. Neither if you try to steal life from a monster with powerful melee attack.
5:00 Oh and a small tip you may not like but how about saving right in middle of battle when you are making small progress but on a different save file? It's risky to always quicksave on same slot, you never know when you are going to die in next second after saving. And yes this has happened to me before but very rarely.
5:28 Maybe because you are out of medkits, that's why.
6:00 I don't know what to say here, you don't have too many choices but I agree to use a powerup.
6:45 Did you just say that bullshit acronym?
6:56 The Moloch strikes again! I told you that he can insta-kill you with his attacks but you were already low on health, so it didn't matter.
7:00 Told ya to save more often but you didn't listen. I dare to say getting killed by Moloch was deserved. Sorry for that. Neutral
8:00 Zombie that keeps resurrecting and then death by a mermaid. Wonderful.
8:15 Finally the Moloch got what he deserved. And now I promise to facepalm at every future death since it's getting very boring now and it's also getting late and I have to go to sleep.
8:45 I forgot to facepalm here but I am glad you saved.
10:05 Correction: A zombie woman killed you!
15:50 I already noticed that. It's nice to finish a map with 500 health and armor. I have a feeling in next map the armor is gonna disappear in a couple of seconds.
16:48 I will watch the map31 video tomorrow. And yes this video felt a bit boring.

EDIT: Next day.

MAP31:

1:23 And the armor is gone. It lasted 1 minute and 10 seconds. Not bad.
1:28 I'm glad you got the armor now and not when you still have armor since now it gave you weaker type of armor. So the armor will last longer.
2:15 Not a great idea. You aren't getting any health from monsters since you already have around 350-400 health and instead you are just losing.
2:30 Now that you reached 300 or lower, it works great.
3:50 To me "blow head" sounds like a sex joke.
4:18 Ah I know what you mean. I remember seeing this behavior in vanilla Hexen on hub 3. I don't think it was on vanilla Doom at all.
4:40 Yes finally doing it right with the Dragon Claw. Actually I had in my mind when the walls were lowering to use that weapon. Now you read my mind. Razz
5:00 Oh yeah I should mention, I don't think you can get telefragged by teleporting monsters, at least not in ZDoom ports. I don't remember how it was in vanilla Doom as it's been like 10 years since I played vanilla Doom last time but I'm sure in most ports, you don't get telefragged by monsters that teleport from a closet. You can still get telefragged by monsters that use teleporters and by Icon of Sin spawn cubes. I'm sure of that.
5:10 Yes I knew what you mean. Oh and surprise, a zombie dog.
5:37 Now you reminded to use an explosive to get rid of him. Razz
6:56 I know the feeling of wanting to complete a map without dying but even though you are low on health, you still have medkits that save you from dying. You should check more often the medkits and see how many you have.
7:16 Did you say something about me? I didn't hear what you said here. Plus you killed a zombie normally.
7:27 Didn't expect that but Major Cooke already spoiled that death in his last message. That's what happens when you miss too many videos while you are busy with College.
7:59 Oh another death, I thought it's gonna be one death only.
8:50 Glad you changed the switch weapon on pickup back to normal. Also weird, I remember that monster that killed you earlier (the one from powerslave), wasn't that much of treat but in latest version, he is a pain in ass to fight. Before he was too weak, now he is too powerful. Why? And I know he is an Arch-Vile class monster but he shouldn't be that powerful.
9:33 Yeah see what I mean, he spams so many projectiles now.
10:38 Yet another death. I don't know why MC said earlier "So close without dying" because it's been like 4 deaths so far.
10:46 Yep. 5 deaths so far.
11:50 When I saw that room, I also remembered it was from an earlier map. And yeah I like the showcase with rooms from earlier maps, this is something I also liked at Duke Nukem 3D, when you could sometimes see what's in the next map. For example E3L1 had a crack at end of level that it showed a bit of the next map.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Here I die countless times. Dont even try to tell me it was avoidable

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 am

1:06 I noticed that as well.
1:46 I like the idea of standing here but I wish you would pick up those souls as the demon morph would have been an excellent choice in this map.
2:37 I must say that was funny a bit but damn weapon autoswitched to knife. You should change that as I remember a lot of people hated that.
2:52 Hmm yeah that is a tough choice, I probably would have allowed a reload here but I think you should try to do without reloading and see how far you go. It probably won't be different if you die and not save because you will go back to same spot.
3:19 Good thing you have medkits selected but please remember if you are low on health, DON'T use them to heal yourself unless you are at end of level and can use the extras to restore health. Instead, use gauntlets.
3:32 Oh I should mention about these 2 Quake mummies, you are again killing them and letting them resurrecting instead of using explosives or freezing to get rid of them. What's interesting is that in Quake expansion, they don't resurrect if they die but here they do.
3:58 Well at least you saved but too bad about mystic urn, you wasted it earlier. What if later you really need health? Oh wait the gauntlets at least do their job fine.
4:10 See I told you if you start saying something good such as you didn't die yet, the monsters will hear you and try to kill you.
5:16 Well first death and for some reason you didn't get the urn.
5:30 I remember playing through Quake 4 many years ago. Stopped playing on level 5 from what I remember.
5:40 Ah yes I knew that monster killed you but I was thinking it's the mini version of him that spawns in place of an ArchVile.
5:54 Well these could be avoided.
7:30 Ah yes I know what you mean, I'm sure in 6.02 I only found this weapon once or twice of all those many megawads I played. It was made rare for some reason but I know in earlier versions it was common.
8:07 It's pretty good and you also got the urn. Shouldn't worry about health.
9:44 wow you teleported right in their attacks.
10:07 Oh another boss.
11:20 Well I have to agree with you, this time it's really hard to avoid their attacks. Not much you can do here and you are exposed to open fire. Crouching doesn't help either.
18:05 Quite a lot of reloads so far. And I know you could have handled a lot better these fights, with saving after killing them. It wouldn't have taken more than 20 minutes in total.
22:00 Infinite ammo at reduced damage is actually damn good roll. It's probably the best used with God Hand, you can spam as many projectiles as you want and clear the whole room with this.
22:50 Maybe because it was tons of weaker monsters and now you face tons of stronger ones.
23:30 Well, in earlier versions, their attacks did a lot more damage. But I don't mind having more monsters nerfed.
27:07 Lol the secret was right there and could have helped you in the fight earlier instead of spending all those other powerups.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Time rune, and spam hell root big souls. Nuff said. Stop running around on the rooftops, go back to the main building and open up a gun-ho can of whoopass instead of being so tactical.

Don't give a shit about your ammo for the hell root, use it all up because there's plenty lying around. And don't forget the hell root can still fire when out of ammo!

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:45 pm

The title says 18 instead of 16. Anyway about video:

2:10 I have no idea why you didn't save and you simply died but I understand you wanted to "wake up" the monsters and have GZDoom load everything.
4:28 Well at least you reminded here to use explosives.
4:40 I guessed right which powerup it was. But you have quite a lot of souls already. I wonder what would happen if you reach 666 souls while you are already demon from back pentagram or the opposite if you become demon from 666 souls and then pick up pentagram.
4:50 Yeah I agree. It's also even more useless to the fact that it will reset your health to 200 and remove all the armor, if you had a lot like currently you have. So I would just avoid getting one in that situation. Of course it's nothing bad if you are low on health or have about 200 health. It's not that big of a loss and there is usually a lot of health around.
6:10 Exactly. And the fact that now the better armor is gone, you can start collecting weaker ones. They will last longer. Razz
7:07 I KNEW you were going to reload. You probably wanted the weapon but really, is that big of a loss? I know Quake 4 Dark Matter Gun is fucking awesome and powerful but I could live without it. Razz
7:18 Lol again? Oh I predict this is going to be another one of those videos where you reload too many times. And yeah I can see video has 26 minutes.
8:37 Maybe if you would have picked up the titan armor, you wouldn't have died. Also you could have saved on a different slot as backup, maybe on one of the autosaved slots.
9:25 Yeah finally you decided to NOT reload. Let's see how far you will go.
10:05 That's the Quake fiend, not the Silent Wanderer green invisible version.
11:35 You always seem to forget but this monster is invulnerable when he is growing and shooting at you with those yellow homing skulls.
12:32 What did I tell you about not reloading? And try to spam projectiles, that will kill all of them. Don't worry about ammo, like MC said.
13:00 Oh well at least you will take less damage from attacks.
15:00 Ah lucky you, I never finished Quake 4. I plan to finish it probably next year, I will see. Also I approve of killing Makron normally but since you already killed him in Quake 4, why not insta-kill him with the demonic powers? Twisted Evil
15:35 I think it came out in 2005.
16:15 Why again you used your medkits when they are already auto-used when you are about to die and when there is health around map? I never use them with exception of when I have too many of them or when I'm about to exit a level and I use them to start next map with full health. Though I usually finish levels with 300+ health.
16:50 Ah there is that damn Silent Wanderer but at least he is now fighting the boss. Laughing
17:30 Yeah I agree with you, I remember that and it was similar to Quake 2 (since it's actually sequel to Quake 2) but the blaster is so damn weak. When you get to shotgun, you will never have to use blaster again except to conserve ammo on weaker monsters, shoot switches, etc.
20:00 You will also have to take into consideration the fact that monsters have several hundred of health points. In Quake 3, players can have maximum of 200 health and armor and they are decreasing over time until reaching 100, so it's obviously easier to kill a player than a monster that has 500 or more health. Of course that's not the case with Doom, here you can kill monsters easily but other players can also get killed quickly by some weapons even at 200 health and armor. But yeah you get the point.
22:48 Explosives FTW! Also lol I laughed so much at captions, it said "I would shit myself with a grenade...".
25:30 Looking forward to part 2 of your Quake 4 rant. Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

You played Quake 4 on Hard mode. You know, some developers don't increase enemy weapon damage or intake. Sometimes, they increase monster health instead. Like what AEoD does for Nightmare.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:59 am

Yep, MC is correct.

http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty

Look at "Quake 4" section and you will see on hard mode the enemies have higher health and do more damage. Maybe that's why it felt hard. I don't know why I compared Q4 weapons with Q3 ones as they can deal different damage between games but since you said "Quake 3" (or rather "Quake Live"), I was thinking that in Quake 3 you fight bots/players and that's why you kill them faster than monsters in Quake 4. There is a mod for Quake 3 where you fight monsters, it's called Hunt Mod and I would like you to give it a try. It's fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 pm

I totally forgot to post this here.

So, for now, no more 60fps.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 pm

You pronounced wield correctly.

@8:41 I'm glad you agreed with me on that. Razz

@~23:10 You want to pick up the megasphere first. That way you don't waste picking up the other items around you. You dun it backwards.

@24:30 I had no intentions of giving you shit for it because I know it's powerful.

@27:22 To quote the Jim Carrey Grinch: "YOU'RE AN IDIOT! Idiot! idiot. idiot..." I'm kidding of course, it was just the perfect moment to bring that to life. Yes, the elevator is pretty much where you always want to go with this mapset.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Yeah. I totally felt like an idiot for not remembering i've been using the same exit for the last ~16 levels? damn

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Totally forgot about a new video uploaded. And it's quite long too (as well as my comment)! Wink

2:04 Well so far I'm impressed with what you pulled off. The drain rune and dragon claw altfire. Yeah baby!
2:12 But I think you had several medkits remaining in inventory, so you weren't like completely out of health. Oh well it's not that big of a deal but I imagine being more useful later.
2:48 Oh yeah BTW I hate that angel, it's very powerful but it replaces ArchVile and in this mod Archies are so damn annoying and powerful! Twisted Evil
3:00 Well first death but yeah as I said above, it's very annoying monster and can kill you pretty quick, reflect attacks and teleport around.
3:25 Why did you choose the grenade launcher? That isn't too effective here. The razor would have been much more effective.
3:35 Nevermind, it seems to be much more effective than I thought. I was thinking you would blow yourself up.
4:40 Monsters hearing you again.
5:00 I guess the explosive has to be powerful enough to gib a zombie. Just like in Quake, if the grande or rocket was too far away from zombie, it would just make him fall on ground and get up again. However here it was direct hit from Devastator but still didn't gib him. And why gauntlets on second zombie? You are gonna wait for them to get up, so later they don't cause problems.
6:26 But the idea is to kill him, doesn't matter how you do it. Razz
7:50 I'm not liking what I'm hearing here. One word: Moloch!
8:40 Heh, 1 health. I wonder if you have medkits remaining in inventory. I want to see what will happen in next few seconds. Oh wait, nevermind you had few medkits but please don't use them as they are already auto used to prevent from dying, I mean just heal with gauntlets and keep medkits for later!
8:55 The monsters heard you again. Laughing
10:24 I don't know why but I died of laughing here when the monsters started infighting each other. Also you are saying too often "Hello!" to each monster you encounter.
15:15 Heh, the blue mage.
15:50 Oh wow I definitely didn't expect that. But I know the previous time you died I saw a huge explosion and was thinking it's that one damn Nick I think?
16:36 Yeah he did kick my ass few times as well but that was only like 3 times. I mean in past when I tried V6 for first time.
16:50 Oh at least now you are aware of the presence of Eidolon/Moloch. Can't wait to see when the monster appears out of nowhere and will kick your ass just how Nick did. Laughing
18:45 Yeah but sometimes bars or doors close behind you to prevent you from escaping. It depends on maps. Some mappers prefer to punish the player or rather force the player to fight the monsters without leaving. tongue
19:06 And the good thing is that he is stuck, just like how it happened to me once, rendering him USELESS! Twisted Evil
19:35 Maybe you should have picked up the steel armor before picking up red armor, so you will have 250 green armor instead of 250 red armor (on alternative HUD it appears as yellow armor icon, it's leftover from V4 I think)
20:07 But the good thing is that the "red armor" is gone and now you got green armor protection, weaker and lasts longer. Smile
22:56 But the bad thing is if you pick up this red megasphere when you don't have any armor, you are given 200 BLUE armor with 100% protection (that's what appears on alternative HUD).
23:58 Here comes the big red daddy (of the blue mage). Get it? Laughing
24:58 HAHAHA that's funny, the son vs father battle. I didn't expect another blue mage or is the previous one resurrected? Who knows? Laughing
26:00 Well damn, that was a really tough choice. Good thing I play with slot limits off, so I can experience all weapons.
27:56 Good thing you had some armor remaining, so that you still have weak armor type.
28:04 My thoughts exactly. Also a bit disappointing that sometimes you get too many urns. Happened to me a lot of times before.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

I totally forgot to put this here.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:48 am

3:30 You should have used the dragon claws' altfire against all these monsters. You had them earlier selected. I tell you, you will regret that choice! Razz
3:41 But I wanted to see how you are gonna get killed by the angel boss. Laughing
3:50 Nevermind, the razor also works quite nicely in this part too.
5:00 Well I'm glad you saved after all that work but too bad the Angel didn't drop the
Spoiler:

5:17 Ah nice finally you mentioned me. I missed that kind of moment. Thanks for listening to my advice! Very Happy
5:40 Yeah but I only use them if for example I'm about to exit level and have to bring my health up to 200-300 in case my health is low, so that those extra medkits don't go wasted. But yeah in Duke Nukem 3D for example, I use medkit if I'm lower than 50% health because in that case, medkit MUST be used manually. In AEOD, it's auto-used, so I don't see why to use them with the exception of above. Or also in cases where you already have 25 medkits and there are more scattered around, usually in slaughter maps, so you have to use them. Wink
6:00 I know that everyone has its own play style but I'm just trying to help you by giving you useful advice.
6:35 Not a great idea as if you pick up the red megasphere when you have no armor, you are given 200 armor with 100% resistance to attacks, so it's gonna get used fast. You should have also picked up those medkits before the megasphere... OK fine, I will stop nitpicking. Razz
7:36 Or you should have made them fight each other. That would be funnier. Laughing
8:26 Actually I will NOT complain this time because you had 10 medkits. I usually complain if you have lower amount, example only 2-3 medkits, so that later when you are low on health, you are also out of medkits. But it's no problem if you use them when you have 10 or more. Anyway like I said, I will stop complaining about every minor thing you do. Smile
11:10 Maybe you could have used the second invulnerability to protect from lava and keep radiation suit for later levels? Razz
12:00 Oh wait I think I know why this happens, because in previous videos you loaded Going Down wad BEFORE AEOD files and now you loaded it AFTER AEOD files, thus the screenshot that appears at end of each level is now the one from Going Down. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Sorry its taking forever for me to release stuff. I've been rather busy lately.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:17 am

I'm so glad I implemented screams into idle demon morph powerups. Gotta listen for them. They bring you good fortune, and bad hair days to demons. Ironic, that they cannot use it. Twisted Evil

14:38, don't ask, don't tell! To reaffirm, it was a fluke indeed. Fucking thing never wants to behave. Rolling Eyes It's meant to be a rare chance where if you beat the fuck out of it, it'll stop attacking you, turn invulnerable momentarily and become your friend. But it's a rare chance. I blame whoever made the resurrection code in ZDoom for making pointer transference with resurrections a fucking nightmare.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:44 pm

1:05 It was to be expected. I don't know why but I knew this was going to happen.
1:30 I agree, this is where the explosive bunnies are really useful.
2:38 Oh yeah me too, it is the most powerful weapon. It's best against bosses as it kills them in a couple of seconds.
2:42 No, you get the weapon first time on episode 2 level 1 but it's hidden in a secret place.
3:15 Ah yes the Quake 4 hyperblaster. It's a great weapon.
5:12 You died from poison attack and also it seems like you are out of medkits thanks to the Silent Wanderer earlier. Oh and pick up the Life Seed because you are definitely gonna need 500 health. Razz
5:50 Ah you saved there and didn't get the life seed. Very bad idea. pale
5:55 Though it's a good idea of using invulnerability, so at least you can get past those arch viles.
6:50 If only you picked up the life seed earlier...fine I am going to stop complaining but seriously how you miss stuff like that? At least you got those weapons.
8:00 And yet another reload. So far it's been a disappointing video but I also had a weird day today. So I guess I'm not in the best mood right now, I apologize. Smile
8:13 Yeah the monsters heard you again, when you said you are so lucky.
9:12 Now you realized there is a moloch, though it was to be expected as map is FULL of arch viles.
14:27 Ah yes I know exactly why the Phoenix is green and Major Cooke's comment kinda spoiled it before I watched the video (at least for me) but for other people who don't understand:
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!:

14:54 I thought you are gonna keep secret but whatever, I will still keep the info in spoiler.
16:00 Honestly, I didn't know that this weapon is that strong, I've used the altfire in past and I do not remember insta-killing many of the monsters. But maybe I've rarely used this weapon, I forgot.
17:58 Used to be a...stop using the medkits! You should have saved one for the next level. You could have used a mystic urn instead. Where was I...ah yes, that dementor used to be in place of cyberdemon, not spider mastermind! Razz Or maybe you are right, I think at one point it was a cyberdemon (V2 and V3) and then a spider mastermind (V4 and V5) and now in V6 it's a cacodemon or a pain elemental. I think I still have older versions of AEOD to test.
21:18 I was actually wondering if you are gonna mention me or not in this video. And yeah multiple saves work better, at least make 2 or 3. But save frequently on each, so that if you load previous one in case you fucked up, you aren't very far away.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:41 am

To top it off, modifications to the resurrection code at the time it was working broke it. So I'll probably have no choice but to completely ditch it.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:03 am

Six with three dice: Find out for yourself. Wink

Remember, not triple six. We all know what that is, if you've watched his AV playthrough.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 am

1:17 Yes finally you are making me proud! Razz (and at same disappointing me with another thing, see below)
6:20 OK fine use the medkits from now on if you must but just keep at least ONE in inventory! Very Happy

Rest of the video: Too many reloads! But yes I watched until very end and while I liked it, you should tone down the reloading! Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm

FistMarine wrote:
Rest of the video: Too many reloads! But yes I watched until very end and while I liked it, you should tone down the reloading! Razz

I told him to do it. And to you, NAY, I SAY NAY. DBT, reload as much as you like. We were trying to roll a 6.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Going Down" Talkthrough   Today at 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down

"Going Down" Talkthrough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: