» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

Michaelis

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Windows 10   Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Windows 10 appears to be a good upgrade, with some exceptions.

1. Windows 10 Home CANNOT disable updates. You want to DEFER updates? Go with Windows 10 Pro, but even then you can only delay them.
2. Windows 10 is available for free to anyone who has windows 7 or 8 of any type. Home users will get home. Pro users will get pro, 7 or 8 to 10 respectively. If you want pro, you may be able to get away with a home upgrade followed by a $90 fee to pro. Windows 7/8 must be legitimate though.
3. It was just released today. I would wait a good few weeks if your version of windows is right where you want it and doing the things you want it to without interruptions. Every program that's released is never fully bug free and there's always bound to be some issues. Just look at AEoD. Razz

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 pm

My computer keeps crapping out constantly, and to be honest, I have been thinking of a OS reinstall. I might aswell do a legit reinstall by buying win10. I have seen some reviews of the OS and it seems to be pretty good. MS keeps the tradition of releasing a super bullshit OS (win vista/win8) to then release a much better version (win7/win10)

Im not sure i'd need "pro". But I think I could definitely benefit by getting a 64bit version. IIRC, my motherboard is quite OK with 64bit, but Im gonna admit my lack of knowledge in stuff I used to be good at:

What problems would I encounter hardware wise? Other than the motherboard and processor, everything should be 32/64bit compatible, HDs, RAM, and whatnot, right?

And Is there a 32bit compatibility option to use old 32 bit software?

I might wait a couple months before upgrading, but I really think I have to. Either that or re install a 32bit version of an illegitimate win 7 as I have now. :/

Im just scared that some stuff like my extremely beloved "Cakewalk" will no longer work there. Also, having to probably reinstall all the games I have already installed in my 2TB HD

EDIT: 120 USD? Well, I dont have that money to spend. So I guess Im not buying it anytime soon Razz

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Uh, if you don't want to fuck yourself over, get pro. Trust me. This time, there IS a massive difference!

Also, yes, they still support 32 bit. http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42852/microsofts-windows-10-feature-32-bit-version/index.html

If you update windows and gather your win7 fixes and such, and if you run your advanced systemcare, you shouldn't have any issues. It will also give you the GWX.exe file which will allow you to determine if you're eligible. Give it a shot, you might be authorized. Wink

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Also, yes, they still support 32 bit. http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42852/microsofts-windows-10-feature-32-bit-version/index.html

I can't believe it. That guy bashes new Windows for being 32-bit-compatible? What a mad world we live in.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:32 am

DBThanatos wrote:
MS keeps the tradition of releasing a super bullshit OS (win ME/win vista/win8) to then release a much better version (win XP/win7/win10)

HAHA yeah, the old Windows pattern joke. Laughing Also added ME (bullshit) and XP (good). Wink

Anyway about Windows 10, it's great to see a new great OS. I might upgrade it in the future (perhaps by buying a new laptop/PC and will have it included) but I'm currently happy with what I have now (Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows XP on my PC). Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Oh for fucks sake, Microsoft...

Okay. Lesson to be learned, DO NOT use Microsoft's services. If anything, go with Google. So, now we know that Microsoft is patrolling for bad stuff, do yourself a favor. Go Google Drive.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   

Back to top Go down

Windows 10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1