Share | 

Bugs in 6.06.01

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 am

I remember commenting about some of the bugs in DBT's videos on Youtube, but now I'm going to write them here aswell, so other developers can see it too.
There aren't that many bugs, but some of them are really annoying.

Warp cannon: When using the alt-fire of Cannon, the weapon sprite disappears, the game slows down for a moment. The warp cannon beam and projectiles are invisible/missing. Same goes for Strider and Zilla (the bosses using this weapon) too.

No footstep sounds when walking.

Silent zen dynamics/hellspawn monsters: I though it was only the bosses who had no sound, but I've noticed almost all of the zen dynamics monsters are silent.

Missing dual rocket launcher sprites: Upon firing the dual rocket launchers, the sprites disappear, huge fps drops occur for a brief moment. (This one is really annoying, forced me to fight with one rocket launcher.)

Thamuz' green flame shield: Upon casting the shield, sometimes the flames do not show up, or spawn far from the monster and deal no damage whatsoever. (atleast thamuz still becomes invulnerable)

Some missing sound files. Actually they are still in the game folders, but they don't play for some reason.

I don't know if this is intended: After the demon form ends, the player's HP drops down from 666 to 200 and 0 armor. It drops down to that number regardless of health points and armor points you had before turning into a demon.

I will add more to this topic when I find more bugs.

I also want to post my requests about the mod, where can I post them?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

Please follow the guidelines when posting a bug report. I need to know if you're using Zdoom or GZdoom, and I need to know what version you're on.

Tormentor wrote:
Warp cannon: When using the alt-fire of Cannon, the weapon sprite disappears, the game slows down for a moment. The warp cannon beam and projectiles are invisible/missing. Same goes for Strider and Zilla (the bosses using this weapon) too.

Are you using ZDoom? ZDoom doesn't exactly support some of the graphics we implemented as it cannot render transparent PNG files.

Can you run GZDoom instead? I ask this because we have really changed over from ZDoom to GZDoom, as we all have managed to upgrade our hardware. It doesn't require much, a medium-low-end to modern computer on up should be able to handle it well enough.

Tormentor wrote:

You mean the S.B.C. Cannon? Yes, it does cause a bit of lag. Thanks for reminding me of that, I'll reduce the amount of effects spawned.

Tormentor wrote:

I had to disable those due to a weird bug I encountered a while ago. I'll see if it still persists. If not, I'll enable them.

Tormentor wrote:
Silent zen dynamics/hellspawn monsters: I though it was only the bosses who had no sound, but I've noticed almost all of the zen dynamics monsters are silent.

This is something DBThanatos will have to look into. I'm not even sure if all of them were supposed to have sounds.

Tormentor wrote:
Missing dual rocket launcher sprites: Upon firing the dual rocket launchers, the sprites disappear, huge fps drops occur for a brief moment. (This one is really annoying, forced me to fight with one rocket launcher.)

Don't use sv_fastweapons. That's the only thing I can think will cause sprites to disappear.

Tormentor wrote:
Thamuz' green flame shield: Upon casting the shield, sometimes the flames do not show up, or spawn far from the monster and deal no damage whatsoever. (atleast thamuz still becomes invulnerable)

That's because he loses his target sometimes from disappearing or gibbing.

Tormentor wrote:
Some missing sound files. Actually they are still in the game folders, but they don't play for some reason.

Some of them have been replaced. Many of them need to be cleaned out. We intend that for the next patch.

Tormentor wrote:
I don't know if this is intended: After the demon form ends, the player's HP drops down from 666 to 200 and 0 armor. It drops down to that number regardless of health points and armor points you had before turning into a demon.

ZDoom destroys armor whenever you morph. Been trying to think of a way to get around it.
As for the health, also intended. However, I'm thinking of changing it so if the player has over 200, it properly restores that health too. Anything below 200 when morphing will just go to 200 so the player has a chance if they unmorph in a very hostile area.

Then again, you do have a moment of invulnerability after unmorphing and you deal tremendous damage to anything nearby if they're not invulnerable -- enough to kill them for the most part.

Tormentor wrote:

No. Separate each bug from here on out into their own topics please.

Tormentor wrote:

You can post them in the General Talk. For future suggestions, you can keep those in one single post.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Please follow the guidelines when posting a bug report. I need to know if you're using Zdoom or GZdoom, and I need to know what version you're on.

Tormentor wrote:

Are you using ZDoom? ZDoom doesn't exactly support some of the graphics we implemented as it cannot render transparent PNG files.

Can you run GZDoom instead? I ask this because we have really changed over from ZDoom to GZDoom, as we all have managed to upgrade our hardware. It doesn't require much, a medium-low-end to modern computer on up should be able to handle it well enough.

Tormentor wrote:

You mean the S.B.C. Cannon? Yes, it does cause a bit of lag. Thanks for reminding me of that, I'll reduce the amount of effects spawned.

Tormentor wrote:

I had to disable those due to a weird bug I encountered a while ago. I'll see if it still persists. If not, I'll enable them.

Tormentor wrote:

This is something DBThanatos will have to look into. I'm not even sure if all of them were supposed to have sounds.

Tormentor wrote:

Don't use sv_fastweapons. That's the only thing I can think will cause sprites to disappear.

Tormentor wrote:

That's because he loses his target sometimes from disappearing or gibbing.

Tormentor wrote:

Some of them have been replaced. Many of them need to be cleaned out. We intend that for the next patch.

Tormentor wrote:

ZDoom destroys armor whenever you morph. Been trying to think of a way to get around it.
As for the health, also intended. However, I'm thinking of changing it so if the player has over 200, it properly restores that health too. Anything below 200 when morphing will just go to 200 so the player has a chance if they unmorph in a very hostile area.

Then again, you do have a moment of invulnerability after unmorphing and you deal tremendous damage to anything nearby if they're not invulnerable -- enough to kill them for the most part.

Tormentor wrote:

No. Separate each bug from here on out into their own topics please.

Tormentor wrote:

You can post them in the General Talk. For future suggestions, you can keep those in one single post.

I'm using GZDoom g2.1.pre-1134. Aeod does not work with the newer versions of GZDoom. When I try to run, it says something like this:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/wepdecnc.txt" line 1048:
Invalid state parameter a_quakeex"

The cannon lags even more without the sprites and effects.
I don't use sv_fastweapons when playing. I don't like cheating.
About the Thamuz shield bug, It didn't use to happen in the previous versions.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:39 pm

First, newer? You mean older?

I just tested it with GZDoom r1196 and it worked just fine.

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Rocket launcher works just fine for me too.

What did you do, delete the sprites?

Second, do not modify AEons of Death when you report bugs.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
First, newer? You mean older?

I just tested it with GZDoom r1196 and it worked just fine.

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Rocket launcher works just fine for me too.

What did you do, delete the sprites?

Second, do not modify AEons of Death when you report bugs.

I tried running Aeod with the latest GZdoom version (I believe it was 1.8.10 or 2.0.05)

I did not modify anything (I actually added a few sound effects for alien and predator, but that has nothing to do with the missing sprites.). Why would I delete the sprites then say they are missing?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Tormenter wrote:

Because of this, it made me think you potentially modified AEons of Death.

How are you launching (G)Zdoom and AEoD?

You need to try 1196. http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Remember, AEons of Death does NOT run on the official version, we run on the DRD team's unofficial builds.

Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:17 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Tormenter wrote:

Because of this, it made me think you potentially modified AEons of Death.

You need to try 1196. http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Remember, AEons of Death does NOT run on the official version, we run on the DRD team's unofficial builds.

I just tried it with 1196. The sprites and effects are still missing.
I'm saying this again: I did NOT modify anything.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Major Cooke wrote:

Are you doing it through command line? ZDL? I need specifics here.

Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:

Are you doing it through command line? ZDL? I need specifics here.

I'm dragging and putting the Aeod files to GZdoom app. That's how I'm launching the game.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Drag and drop tends to break the game for me. I was never able to get that working. I suggest getting ZDL instead.

Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Drag and drop tends to break the game for me. I was never able to get that working. I suggest getting ZDL instead.

I'm downloading the thing you suggested, I'll be back in a few minutes.

YES!! They work fine now!
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

You do not need to PM me to thank me. Razz In fact I prefer it if you didn't.

You're welcome.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs in 6.06.01   

Back to top Go down

Bugs in 6.06.01
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1