AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Major Cooke

» [6.07b1] Incorrect item counting
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm by Major Cooke

» No music in a specific situation
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 am by SLAYER1980

» Update June 2, 2017 - DBT has left the building
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 pm by Major Cooke

» AEoD 6.07 Beta 1 Released!
Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 pm by Major Cooke

» AEoD 6.06.2 Released!
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:30 am by Michaelis

» AEoD Music Thread
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 am by Michaelis

» Discord Channels
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm by Major Cooke

» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-06-26
Location : Turkey

PostSubject: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 am

I've been thinking about making a list of requests for the next patch of Aeod and always forgetting to do so. So finally I got time to write them down.
Here they are:

Nerf the L4D monsters. They hit way too hard and fast. And they shouldn't use their special abilities so often (maybe like in the original game). Charger looks hilarious when constantly charging though.

Add melee attack for Gargantua. He should use either the flamethrower or the melee attack when he feels like it. From what I remember he was also kicking his enemies, knocking them back. Add that too if you are able to.

Xenomorph can FLY. Fix that. (This is not a bug, alien walks towards the player or its enemies in a weird way and tapping sounds play, it actually seems to jump very fast when moving. When I'm up in the air, alien moves like that and proceeds to kill me.)

Increase the chance of Q4 weapons dropping from enemies. I've been playing AEOD for a year now, and last time I played was the first time I dropped the nail gun (gauss gun ingame) from Q4.

There are weapons in game that never drop from anyone or spawn. Such as QSG, photon cannon, fusion cannon, modified bfg9000 (not to be confused with bio force gun), reviving staff, incinerator (from hexen 2), penetrator from bulletstorm, q4 gauntlet , stake gun, perforator, head hunter (which is also from bulletstorm), raptor (which has the same skin as ut2k4 minigun) , combustible lemons, hand grenades, there was also another grenade that played a tune then explode violently. Make them spawn or drop from a monster.

I don't think you guys would actually implement this one but still: Add the doom 3 monsters.

Decrease the spawning chance of Pennywise. I fought 5-6 of them in Alien Vendetta.

That is all for now. I may add more.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Remember the goal of AEoD is not to perfectly replicate all monsters. Obviously, for example, it's impossible to replicate L4D monster behavior because that's be extremely unfair. Because special infected incapacitate, we made up for this by very high damage, though they're usually not that strong once you get some better weapons.

I bring this point up because it's the most obviously twisted from the originals.

Granted, some monsters are much closer to their counterparts from the games they starred in, such as El Oscuro and NME.

Tormentor wrote:
There are weapons in game that never drop from anyone or spawn. Such as QSG, photon cannon, fusion cannon, modified bfg9000 (not to be confused with bio force gun), reviving staff, incinerator (from hexen 2), penetrator from bulletstorm, q4 gauntlet , stake gun, perforator, head hunter (which is also from bulletstorm), raptor (which has the same skin as ut2k4 minigun) , combustible lemons, hand grenades, there was also another grenade that played a tune then explode violently. Make them spawn or drop from a monster.

Not all weapons drop from enemies. Some of these are just extremely rarely found in Doom's regular weapon spawners.

If you want to get more of these faster, try playing with either directors on.

Pennywise: Rather than do that, try using the popcorn gun on him, assuming you're using 6.06.1. Use it on all the clown minions in fact. You'd be surprised.

Anything not addressed I leave for DBThanatos to reply to. I don't take a say in that matter. Q4 and HL is his baby.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 832
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:35 pm

I'll answer what I'm sure about.
Tormentor wrote:
There are weapons in game that never drop from anyone or spawn. Such as QSG, photon cannon, fusion cannon, modified bfg9000 (not to be confused with bio force gun), reviving staff, incinerator (from hexen 2), penetrator from bulletstorm, q4 gauntlet , stake gun, perforator, head hunter (which is also from bulletstorm), raptor (which has the same skin as ut2k4 minigun) , combustible lemons, hand grenades, there was also another grenade that played a tune then explode violently. Make them spawn or drop from a monster.

Elaborating on Major Cooke's response, if you insist, here is the list. Prepare yourself for spoilers.
They're still there--this is where exactly:
 

_________________
"It was like getting something in the daylight that what you see in the night light." -- Thierry Guetta
"There were things from everywhere else." -- Blood Zero Hell
"Wherever you are, I give you this song." -- DBThanatos -- Blessing in Disguise


Last edited by Major Cooke on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Close the fridge, you're spoiling the lemons!)
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Unless DBThanatos says otherwise, dun spoil ze lemons. AND KEEP THE FRIDGE DOOR CLOSED, DAMNIT! clown

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 832
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Ok, I won't spoil the lemons, but if you watched DBThanatos' talkthroughs, you might have an idea about them Wink

_________________
"It was like getting something in the daylight that what you see in the night light." -- Thierry Guetta
"There were things from everywhere else." -- Blood Zero Hell
"Wherever you are, I give you this song." -- DBThanatos -- Blessing in Disguise
Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-06-26
Location : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Michaelis wrote:
I'll answer what I'm sure about.
Tormentor wrote:
There are weapons in game that never drop from anyone or spawn. Such as QSG, photon cannon, fusion cannon, modified bfg9000 (not to be confused with bio force gun), reviving staff, incinerator (from hexen 2), penetrator from bulletstorm, q4 gauntlet , stake gun, perforator, head hunter (which is also from bulletstorm), raptor (which has the same skin as ut2k4 minigun) , combustible lemons, hand grenades, there was also another grenade that played a tune then explode violently. Make them spawn or drop from a monster.

Elaborating on Major Cooke's response, if you insist, here is the list. Prepare yourself for spoilers.
They're still there--this is where exactly:
 

Damn. Why these weapons are so incredibly rare? Can you increase the chance of them dropping/spawning??

I watched the last few episodes of DBT's AV talkthroughs but I had no idea how did he acquire them.

Oh well, I'll just stick with what I got for now. And I have a decent arsenal of weapons right now (I'm playing Hellbound)
Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-12-23
Location : cs_agency

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:13 pm

I've played enough wads and themes that I was actually able to get most of the weapons.

The few that I have personally never obtained through normal playing are:
QSG (neva luky)
Hailstorm Minigun
That gun that looks like a batstick and has an alt fire that has a spinning red skull as a turret
Darkness flame staff
death hand
hell heaven hand (never once saw DBT)
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer


Posts : 832
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Ukruh d' Nor

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:58 am

Speaking of QSG, it'd be cool if cyberdemon-class Inquisitor dropped it. After all, he uses it, so why shouldn't he drop it.

_________________
"It was like getting something in the daylight that what you see in the night light." -- Thierry Guetta
"There were things from everywhere else." -- Blood Zero Hell
"Wherever you are, I give you this song." -- DBThanatos -- Blessing in Disguise
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 pm

There are some weapons I found in latest playthroughs that I wasn't able to find before such as Penetrator and Wormwood Crossbow. Now I don't have in mind all weapons to say which ones I still haven't found but I know the answer for getting the lemons. Thing is that I can't spoil it from what I read earlier in thread. clown

But anyway speaking of weapons that were never found by q2k2k, neither I found some of them but I found the Darkness Flame Staff (which looks like dark Bloodscourge with horns) and Death Hand. I might have found the Hailstorm Minigun finally in latest playthroughs but I really can't remember if I have gotten that one or not.
The QSG from what I remember, was quite common in version 4 and the batstick you are referring might be the Leech Staff from Blood (a game which I never played yet) that I also remember finding in V4, V5 and possibly I found it too in V6 but can't remember.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-06-26
Location : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:00 pm

FistMarine wrote:
There are some weapons I found in latest playthroughs that I wasn't able to find before such as Penetrator and Wormwood Crossbow. Now I don't have in mind all weapons to say which ones I still haven't found but I know the answer for getting the lemons. Thing is that I can't spoil it from what I read earlier in thread. clown

But anyway speaking of weapons that were never found by q2k2k, neither I found some of them but I found the Darkness Flame Staff (which looks like dark Bloodscourge with horns) and Death Hand. I might have found the Hailstorm Minigun finally in latest playthroughs but I really can't remember if I have gotten that one or not.
The QSG from what I remember, was quite common in version 4 and the batstick you are referring might be the Leech Staff from Blood (a game which I never played yet) that I also remember finding in V4, V5 and possibly I found it too in V6 but can't remember.

Spoiler:
 

The "batstick" weapon he is referring to is called Soul Reaver which I did acquire once.

I also saw an infight between Pennywise and Geryon. But the poor thing didn't even last 30 seconds against Pennywise Sad
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Love me some soul reaver. And soul reaper too. Combine those two weapons and you can maximize the hell out of your soul gathering.

Good! Pennywise is meant to be a raper of faces. But yeah, try out the popcorn gun against him and all clown enemies for that matter.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-06-26
Location : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Love me some soul reaver. And soul reaper too. Combine those two weapons and you can maximize the hell out of your soul gathering.

Good! Pennywise is meant to be a raper of faces. But yeah, try out the popcorn gun against him and all clown enemies for that matter.

Damnit I forgot to use the popcorn cannon against him. I fought him several times in AV and Hellbound and I can say Railgun Mk2 (full blast) and God hand work well against him. Luring a Weeping Angel works too.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:16 am

Tormentor wrote:
FistMarine wrote:
There are some weapons I found in latest playthroughs that I wasn't able to find before such as Penetrator and Wormwood Crossbow. Now I don't have in mind all weapons to say which ones I still haven't found but I know the answer for getting the lemons. Thing is that I can't spoil it from what I read earlier in thread. clown

But anyway speaking of weapons that were never found by q2k2k, neither I found some of them but I found the Darkness Flame Staff (which looks like dark Bloodscourge with horns) and Death Hand. I might have found the Hailstorm Minigun finally in latest playthroughs but I really can't remember if I have gotten that one or not.
The QSG from what I remember, was quite common in version 4 and the batstick you are referring might be the Leech Staff from Blood (a game which I never played yet) that I also remember finding in V4, V5 and possibly I found it too in V6 but can't remember.

Spoiler:
 

The "batstick" weapon he is referring to is called Soul Reaver which I did acquire once.

I also saw an infight between Pennywise and Geryon. But the poor thing didn't even last 30 seconds against Pennywise Sad

I'm confused, how does that "Soul Reaver" look like? I don't remember all weapons but a screenshot would be nice to remind me. Smile

Anyway wow, the thing is that Pennywise is powerful boss but still can't understand how Geryon defeated him. This happened in MAP12 of Mayhem 2012 wad.

EDIT: About Weeping Angels, I have seen several of them (they appear on joke mode) but they don't seem to attack at all, just do low damage when they get closer to you. When you defeat them, they sometimes drop a Black Pentagram. Maybe I'm missing something but considering they spawn in place of an ArchVile, they aren't a threat at all? scratch
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 25
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:06 am

I'm with FistMarine on Weeping Angels, they don't seem so much of a threat, though I always focus fire everything on one if I see it, since I dont really want to find out their potential true potential. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tormentor
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-06-26
Location : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:38 pm

FistMarine wrote:
Tormentor wrote:
FistMarine wrote:
There are some weapons I found in latest playthroughs that I wasn't able to find before such as Penetrator and Wormwood Crossbow. Now I don't have in mind all weapons to say which ones I still haven't found but I know the answer for getting the lemons. Thing is that I can't spoil it from what I read earlier in thread. clown

But anyway speaking of weapons that were never found by q2k2k, neither I found some of them but I found the Darkness Flame Staff (which looks like dark Bloodscourge with horns) and Death Hand. I might have found the Hailstorm Minigun finally in latest playthroughs but I really can't remember if I have gotten that one or not.
The QSG from what I remember, was quite common in version 4 and the batstick you are referring might be the Leech Staff from Blood (a game which I never played yet) that I also remember finding in V4, V5 and possibly I found it too in V6 but can't remember.

Spoiler:
 

The "batstick" weapon he is referring to is called Soul Reaver which I did acquire once.

I also saw an infight between Pennywise and Geryon. But the poor thing didn't even last 30 seconds against Pennywise Sad

I'm confused, how does that "Soul Reaver" look like? I don't remember all weapons but a screenshot would be nice to remind me. Smile

Anyway wow, the thing is that Pennywise is powerful boss but still can't understand how Geryon defeated him. This happened in MAP12 of Mayhem 2012 wad.

EDIT: About Weeping Angels, I have seen several of them (they appear on joke mode) but they don't seem to attack at all, just do low damage when they get closer to you. When you defeat them, they sometimes drop a Black Pentagram. Maybe I'm missing something but considering they spawn in place of an ArchVile, they aren't a threat at all? scratch

If you watched Doctor Who, then you'll know how they are supposed to attack you. There is something weird about them in this mod though. They instantly kill even cyberdemon or spider mastermind class monsters but they are not able to do the same on the players.

Here is the Soul Reaver::
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Lore reasons: Weeping Angels view the player as prey, and the demons and such as distractions. Also players are far more tasty and, unlike demons, possess far more soul energy (has influences of good and evil, while demons are mostly just... evil, and barely have souls at all). Thus, when draining them, it just slips right the fuck out, where as humans? They take a bit more time...

For players, they also play around with and they also freeze. But distractions? Fuck no. They move super fast, (and if they're far enough away, like lightning) and are all over them and back behind you if you're not watching. But then again with hundreds of missiles raining down on you, how can you watch when you're too busy trying not to get hit? They ambush you, and wind up where you least expect them. Way ahead of you, by being behind you.

...ya want the technical reason now?

I used to have it instantly kill the player if they didn't have protection, but that caused way too many issues. And it was incredibly unfair. So instead, the weeping angel 'hardens' and becomes incredibly resilient to attacking.

Also I couldn't deadlock angels into staring at each other because there were issues with getting stuck in corridors. So they kill each other easily.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-09-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:56 am

Thanks for explaining how Weeping Angels work. And about Soul Reaver, I remember I found this weapon 2 or 3 times, I definitely remember getting it in V5 and I think I did once in V6, I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)   

Back to top Go down
 
Requests for the next patch (or other future patches)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Walking through the christmas tree Patch
» V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers
» Aion : 1.2=end of the trip? English patch obsolete in 1.2
» Aion Revisted - Guide Install - Patch 1.2
» v8 utes patch 1.01

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Public :: General Talk-
Jump to: