View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Happy new year!   Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:46 pm

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:52 am

MY TURN. DBThanatos, NEVER CURSE YOURSELF.

SHIT HAPPENS BUT I WISH IT DIDNT. FUCK YES.

So 2015, was pretty... boring. BUT I did get pretty far on one of my personal projects that I've been working which may or may not be involved with GZDoom in general.

In fact, lets go over a recap of what I did this year, see if I can remember everything...

• Started doing heavier contributions for ZDoom
  • Added a FUCKTON to ZDoom
  • Worked on Happy Time Circus 2 some more, and planned out a sequel
  • Watched the entire Undertale game without buying it. Fuck you, $19.99. YOU ARE NOT A GAME BUT A STORY.
  • Worked on AEoD non-stop and kept it alive
  • Kicked ass and took names in Heroes of the Storm
  • Cooperated on some of the plans DBThanatos mentioned.
  • Got 16GB RAM for christmas. Is now ready for Doom and Shadow Warrior 2.
  • Began fiddling with Unreal Engine 4. Planning on rebooting an old game, which is one of his childhood favorites in unison with Doom.
  • Said goodbye to my brother as the last day they lived together was on March 12th when he moved to New York.
  • Gained a room mate, then another. Lost one, but no tears shed for her (nor anyone really), as she was a pigsty.

If I have to begrudgingly make a new years resolution, it's to hopefully finish 6.66 before the end of 2016 starting in 8 minutes from this posting time.

Lets hope my artists are ready...

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:12 am

Happy New Year indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Oh and by the way, I could've sworn that "Shit happens, but we'd all love if it didn't" was my phrase. An old phrase of mine that I wrote somewhere on this forum when I just became a beta-tester. Maybe these are two separate phrases? I really wish this forum's search didn't suck this hard.

So, um, yeah, 2015.
I made a life-changing choice or two, got the first actual job in my life and left it. Concluded that we don't just live in a simulated universe, but also in a simulated universe where conscience is primary and matter is secondary, but surprisingly, the conclusions made by materialists are right and those made by idealists are not always right, and the fact that we live in a simulated reality gives nothing takes nothing, y' know, like a procedure without arguments. Could've been much worse I guess Razz
Can't say the year was lucky for me. But the future probably holds far greater disappointments--and far greater accomplishments for sure.

To release v6.66 in 2016? Heck, we should get shovels and start right here and now! That's a big one really.

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:57 am

Happy new year! Sorry for being late but forgot to visit site yesterday.

Anyway for me 2015 was mixed, the first half was the usual high school bullshit but the second half was a HUGE improvement over the past 4 years, mainly because I finished high school (which sucked), then I had 3 months to relax and redeem myself and think at the future and then in October I started college, which is a lot better and I hope 2016 will continue to be as good as the second half of 2015 was for me. Very Happy

As for releasing 6.66, I suggest doing that on 06.06.2016! Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Michaelis wrote:
Oh and by the way, I could've sworn that "Shit happens, but we'd all love if it didn't" was my phrase. An old phrase of mine that I wrote somewhere on this forum when I just became a beta-tester. Maybe these are two separate phrases? I really wish this forum's search didn't suck this hard.

Nope, this was in the original 6.01. DBThanatos said it himself. And he said "Shit happens, but I'd love it if it didn't."

Michaelis wrote:
So, um, yeah, 2015.
I made a life-changing choice or two, got the first actual job in my life and left it. Concluded that we don't just live in a simulated universe, but also in a simulated universe where conscience is primary and matter is secondary, but surprisingly, the conclusions made by materialists are right and those made by idealists are not always right, and the fact that we live in a simulated reality gives nothing takes nothing, y' know, like a procedure without arguments. Could've been much worse I guess Razz
Can't say the year was lucky for me. But the future probably holds far greater disappointments--and far greater accomplishments for sure.

To release v6.66 in 2016? Heck, we should get shovels and start right here and now! That's a big one really.

I don't get it. Why did you quit? Differences of opinion and direction?

Also I never said that, don't get people's hopes up yet! lol!

I REPEAT, we do not give out official release dates. Ever.

Do not pass go!
Do not collect $200!

It's done when it's done, as it always has been.

It would CERTAINLY be nice if we could though.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:44 am

@Michaelis: that "shit happens" thingy, I'd think it's a total coincidence. I said that quite some time ago, but I dont even remember when or why, or where. But Cooke was there and we added it to the quotes in AEoD. But i wouldnt be surprised if you said that one too. I think it's something we all think and we say it one way or another.

@Cooke: yes, no release date. But I agree that if we could release this year, that'd be awesome!

@FistMarine: Whoa. College. Good luck there! Mind if I ask what are you studying for? Career wise I mean.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks DBT!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 pm

High school's meant to motor boat you like a rapist in prison would do to another prisoner. You get fucked into success or failure.

College on the other hand is like solitary confinement -- your asshole is safe from completely unwanted attraction (courses you don't give a shit about are reduced to a greater minimum).

Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:31 am

Oh, I see now. As long as I'm studying, I will be completely safe. Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 pm

What did we as a team do this past whole year?

Well... We worked on AEoD. That's all we can say. Razz

But we've also been doing more than just AEoD lately it appears. It's nice to take a break from maintaining and adding to the mod every so often.

DBThanatos has been working on a Quake 4 mod.

I've been working on Happy Time Circus II (sprucing it up, making it an epic ending), may even be planning a HTC3, all the while dealing with ZDoom coding functions. I've also been working on S.U.P.E.R. Natural on and off...

No, this is not S.U.P.E.R. Natural. Does this look like a big evil grinning face with a giant black tentacle of raping wrath coming out at you, to pull you into a creepypasta demise? This little (read: fucking massive (read: A LOT of time and energy put into it! Not so much content wise)) side mod is unabashedly and unashamedly a pony mod. Because

friendship is overrated.
freedom of speech inspires demonization.
we are all evilly inspired as a whole.
need a demonstration?
I ate your cat.

Because pussy. Can't get enough of it.

FUCKER!
...delicious.

Michaelis has just been stuck in AEoD.

Reilsss and Ichor are still gone. I do not believe they'll be coming back. Ichor may still appear from time to time but nothing else.

Bouncy, I only talked to him once or twice last year.

BoldEnglishman, idk wtf happened to him. Nor Mr. Kosta. Seems they either moved on with life or died. That would suck if the latter happened, they contributed a lot.

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:46 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Michaelis has just been stuck in AEoD.
If anyone here cares the slightest bit about ZBlood+, then here's some "fucking exclusive" news about it, first since 2012: a new version is coming as soon as a new Meshuggah's album is. And now, I don't mean this 2-track EP with a Nothing-era single and a live recording of my favorite song of them. I mean a real, full-length, normal album.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:26 pm

That too! I haven't been keeping up with the times, admittedly. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy new year!   

Back to top Go down

Happy new year!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1