» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 am

Version: AEOD 6.06.2

GZDoom Version 2.1.1 (64-bit) (OpenGL 3.0+ with 64-bit OS)
http://forum.drdteam.org/download/file.php?id=2897

Wad: iu-part5.wad Invasion UAC
Map: MAP04

Settings: All themes on except joke, No directors, Weapon slot limit OFF, Jump ON, Infinite ammo OFF

Note that this only happened once so far, I was unable to reproduce it.

Once, after obtaining the Black Pentagram effect via 666 white orbs, effect may persist.

I was just playing normally and when I obtained the effect, I went around spamming left click and noticed that I was able to keep doing it after the effect ended. I was still able to collect more white orbs and watch the counter go up from 0 onwards like normal.

Bug will fix itself upon map change.

I forgot to save, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I knew I wasn't completely insane! I knew someone else would encounter it!
Question, were you using the Penetrator? Or, were you in a closed off area without room to unmorph in, like crouching?
While it's been fixed in the forthcoming versions, I know these two things cause morphs to fail unmorphing.

• Specifically, using the alt-fire and morphing while the drill bit is floating in the air before it triggers forward will cause demon morph to unexpectedly last forever.
  • Also being caught in a crusher or polyobject may cause the demon morph to fail unmorphing.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:53 pm

I neither had a Penetrator or any Morphs in effect. Crouch was also disabled.

I was using the Volcano Gun/Necro Crossbow before gaining the powerup.

The only Slot 0 items I had at the time was God's Hand and the Volcano Gun.

I have, however, walked into the "air rooms" which had low gravity if it means anything. (MAP03 behind the yellow keydoor)

Last edited by q2k2k on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:55 pm

q2k2k wrote:
I neither had a Penetrator or any Morphs in effect.

Were you in a tight space with perhaps one of the polyobject doors closing on you?

If you're inside something like another actor that's solid and blocking, the morph can fail that way too on rare circumstances.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
q2k2k
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:00 pm

The "air room" beyond the Yellow keydoor in MAP03 was pretty small, but theres plenty of room to move around and jump. The room had low gravity and the yellow keydoor itself was a horizontal sliding door. I did not get closed on (as in the door closing on top of me) But i did walk through some doors while the door was opening/closing ( there are 3 horizontal sliding doors in that level). The gap between the "air room" and the teleporter room is a small tight corridor connecting.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am also using the effect choker file
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Meh, doesn't matter much. Anyway, keep those two things in mind because I know for a fact they can lock you in the demon morph for sure. The next version has this fixed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far   Today at 4:45 am

Back to top Go down

AEOD 6.06.2 - Black Pentagram Effect Persists - Happened once so far
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1