» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Apply for development team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey. I was shown here by Reilsss who kindly pointed this place out. I must say, I like it already...

What would it take to join the development team?

Before I forget, let me introduce myself...

*Ahem*...

I'm Major Cooke, and I am here to apply because I feel I'd make a good asset to the team. Why? Simple... I may be new at DECORATE, but I for one am a "very" fast learner... How fast? Well... Fast enough to make El Oscuro, head boss from ROTT completed in human form (only), Mr. Abominable, a deranged snowman that fires a crap load of target-seeking chickens and is on crack, then last but not least, the Crazy Gun... In short, a nuke. In long, a weapon that shoots either an ice-blasting missile or a BFG ball that causes global doomsday. If you want to check them out, just let me know. I'll happily upload them here and let you screw with them if you want.

p.s. I'm working on what Bouncy started a while ago and left, the Star Wars weapons for AEoD submissions.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 pm

I welcome you to the forum. For your apply I can't say anything. It will be DBThanatos choose only, at last I step not into his desiction about new team members. I just thougth when you apply, why not here instace of a PM... So all developer team member could read it.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Well, development team is a rank a bit high Razz Pretty much exclusive to people who has contributed to aeod for long periods of time.

Still, what you could do, is be a tester for this mod. That implies, as the tittle says, test the new additons or changed stuff. However, before that, we (team) must agree and you should make a compromise of secresy. As anyone else, you can make contributions, except that you'd be making them here instead of zdoom.org.

Let me know what you think so we can continue the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:13 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Well, development team is a rank a bit high Razz Pretty much exclusive to people who has contributed to aeod for long periods of time.

Still, what you could do, is be a tester for this mod. That implies, as the tittle says, test the new additons or changed stuff. However, before that, we (team) must agree and you should make a compromise of secresy. As anyone else, you can make contributions, except that you'd be making them here instead of zdoom.org.

Let me know what you think so we can continue the discussion.

I'm game. Tell me what to do.

Edit: Almost forgot...

I SOLEMNLY swear that I will NOT tell ANY DAMN SOUL outside of the TESTING GROUNDS a thing.
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Well maybe wait some until the desition is thougth all developer (Ichor may should rise his voice?)

Until then to understand abotu secrety:

What ever you see, hear or get for testing as a AEoD Tester. has to remain silent. Talk only with other team members about it. And only in this forum. Our new work is ment (like in past) to be a suprice. So it would be more as rude to carry WIP information, pictures or screenshots out to the public over at ZDoomForum.

That something you have to agree to and go strict along this rule.

For testing then Yes well you get the new package, and try it out.. and of corse giving feedback about evetnaull bugs or problems in balance etc etc. You may also give ideas for new content. Althougth Ichor, DBT and me have plans already that probally have a higher priority? Well I guess so. But may I'm wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
I SOLEMNLY swear that I will NOT tell ANY DAMN SOUL outside of the TESTING GROUNDS a thing.

There is my answer. Cool
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:23 pm

could be sayed with other words but I guess you make a point there. I for myy side casted my vote. So it gonan be up to DBT and Ichor I guess.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Reilsss wrote:
Well maybe wait some until the desition is thougth all developer (Ichor may should rise his voice?)

What ever you see, hear or get for testing as a AEoD Tester. has to remain silent. Talk only with other team members about it. And only in this forum. Our new work is ment (like in past) to be a suprice. So it would be more as rude to carry WIP information, pictures or screenshots out to the public over at ZDoomForum.

For testing then Yes well you get the new package, and try it out.. and of corse giving feedback about evetnaull bugs or problems in balance etc etc. You may also give ideas for new content. Althougth Ichor, DBT and me have plans already that probally have a higher priority? Well I guess so. But may I'm wrong on that.

Completely true. If you (major cooke) havent realized, I dont post much into aeod thread at zdoom anymore, because all discussion about the development, is made, of course, here. Same thing would go to you if you join us. Nothing at all should be leaked, for the sole reason that a lot of work has been put here, and we want to keep it shout until is released (no matter how long that'll take).

Now, the underlined part of Reilsss post is as true as it gets. Still, all contributions will be taken in count.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:33 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Reilsss wrote:

Completely true. If you (major cooke) havent realized, I dont post much into aeod thread at zdoom anymore, because all discussion about the development, is made, of course, here. Same thing would go to you if you join us. Nothing at all should be leaked, for the sole reason that a lot of work has been put here, and we want to keep it shout until is released (no matter how long that'll take).

Now, the underlined part of Reilsss post is as true as it gets. Still, all contributions will be taken in count.

I understand the terms and agree to all that you say, please show me the "Accept" button. Oh wait, we're waiting on Ichor now!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm

So, let's wait. Hopefully, you'll have an answer by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ichor
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm thinking we need a few betatesters right now. Still, any contributions would be nice, especially since there aren't anymore limits that we know of like there were in version 3 or 4 (unless we end up breaking something else later on, heh).
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Well, that's where AEoD has served the community. We find limits in the engine Razz

anwyay, yes, I guess that's a quick answer. The only thing left is that reilsss adds you (cooke) into the tester team.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Well, that's where AEoD has served the community. We find limits in the engine Razz

anwyay, yes, I guess that's a quick answer. The only thing left is that reilsss adds you (cooke) into the tester team.

Yay! I'm so happy! Thanks guys! cheers
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 pm

I see that went quick

Sinces he spoke to me in MSN, I can give him a quick up to date info there tomorrow and add him now to the forum parts befor i go sleep.

Things are set. he is unlocked to the test forum.
Back to top Go down
BoldEnglishman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 am

Just to say that in the case that information was leaked about AEoD over at the ZDoom forums (by anybody), DBT need only email me directly (boldenglishman@hotmail.co.uk) and I can delete all the offending information as quickly as possible.

Welcome to the forums Cooke!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:11 pm

BoldEnglishman wrote:
Just to say that in the case that information was leaked about AEoD over at the ZDoom forums (by anybody), DBT need only email me directly (boldenglishman@hotmail.co.uk) and I can delete all the offending information as quickly as possible.

Hehe! thanks. Let's hope there will be no need for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:13 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
BoldEnglishman wrote:

Hehe! thanks. Let's hope there will be no need for that Very Happy

I agree such power becomes handy!

Now can we shot David to the moon ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apply for development team   

Back to top Go down

Apply for development team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1