» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Ichor: Blood of god

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Ichor: Blood of god   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 pm

Heh, just now, while working our mod, the media player (winamp FTW Razz ) jumped into this song which I know from long ago. Everytime I see Ichor's name (the foum member), I think of this song Very Happy

I love this song, since it was the first I heard when a friend borrowed me the Atlantis disc.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Well, now that we are on this, here is a band someone recommended to me for obvious reasons Razz

Gotta say that I like much more this album (Justified genocide), than the previous.

Now that we are on this about music... what about somesuggestions from you guys? I dont have the slightest idea of what are you music interest.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:13 am

I like Samael, which is the Jewish version for the Angel of Life/Death. Their epic!
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
BoldEnglishman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:03 am

A bit late, but my two favourite genres are metal and progressive rock.

With progressive rock, my favourite bands are Genesis and Yes, while I also enjoy the early Queen albums, the late Beatles albums, Van der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, Gryphon, Rick Wakeman and the Moody Blues.

On a side note I also have quite a lot of classical music, with my favourite composer being Beethoven, closely followed by Mozart and Bach (very traditional Razz)

However, when it comes to the metal, I like a great variety of metal subgenres. I try and listen to a little bit of everything, but naturally after trying some things, I have found myself drawn to certain subgenres more than others. When I listen to metal music, I usually like to listen to songs/albums detailing a fantasy story or some such. This means that while power metal usually deals with this type of lyrical subject matter, it is not only limited to power metal. I'm a great fan of progressive metal as well (hmm, I wonder why...?), and I like to dip into some thrash metal every now and then.

A list of metal bands I like, from favourites to general listens every now and then (roughly):
- Dream Theater (and other side projects like Transatlantic, Office of Strategic Influence, Liquid Tension Experiment, Planet X etc.)
- Symphony X
- Gamma Ray
- Metallica (Cliff Burton era material)
- Iced Earth
- Ensiferum
- Wintersun
- Iron Maiden
- Helloween
- Megadeth
- Blind Guardian
- Slayer
- Children of Bodom
- Opeth
- Venom
- Finntroll
- Turisas
- Moonsorrow
- Alice in Chains
- Queensryche
- HammerFall
- Sonata Arctica
- Nightwish

I plan on delving into some death and black metal at some point - I'm still reading a lot about notable death/black metal bands and trying to see which ones would be good for me. There are also other power metal bands I intend on listening to at some point, including Amorphis, Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Manowar, Skyclad and Korpiklaani.

If there are any suggestions you could offer DBT, I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say Smile
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 am

Also look at Nightrage and In Flames, but for In Flames I must warn you... their best is located in Soundtrack to your Escape (the quiet place song).
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:01 am

Bold: well, my area of knowledge ( Razz ) is death metal... not really but that's the subgenre I hear the most. If you are going to take a look around it, I might suggest you to listen to subgenres of that one: Sub of the sub Razz

I certainly get bored with the early death metal (obituary, death (begginings) even death angel (yeah, the 3 classic "most important death metal bands")). So, I recommend you "Brutal death metal" (Cannibal corpse, Kronos, dying fetus, suffocation), however, I cant stand it for too long. That's where my predilect subgenre comes: "Technical death metal" (Cryptosy, Spawn of possession, Necrophagist, Nile, Arsis, decapitated, neuraxis, sleep terror, the faceless, theory in practice, origin, obscura). Also make sure you check Atheist (especially "elements" and "unquestionable presence") and the late work of Death ("The sound of perseverance" and "symbolic" are my favorites).

And for weird music (some people likes to call it progressive, but ultimately, I just dont know what that means anymore) I like and enjoy as hell: Spastic ink, Blotted Science, Electrocution 250, Between the Buried and me, cynic, spiral architect.

I underlined my favorite bands amongst the favorites, so, yeah, that's my main suggestion Razz
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 pm

So there a "Ichor" song.... well when you one day find a Song about "Reilsss" I migth build a rocket and fly to moon. because I still doubt this Ever gonna happen on this planet without me beeing causing it to happen <.<

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Yes there is. Ichor is not a made up name like Reilsss. [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichor]"Ichor" has a defined meaning".
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 pm

...Just like my name was taken from that oh-so-special place deep in the game that drew me into the 3D gaming world... (John eventually gains the title of Major throughout the game, and I just happened to have liked it so much that I adopted it over my old nickname, Stagger1.)
Back to top Go down
BoldEnglishman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 am

Huh, so that's where Major Cooke is from. Now that you pointed out, I can't read your name without hearing General Braddock's voice saying it.
Back to top Go down
Ichor
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 am

Actually, this is not where my name comes from. This is. And where did that come from, you might ask? Well, upon reading the Heretic manual waaay back in 199X, I stumbled across the word 'ichor' for the first time. Not really knowing what it meant except for the context, I looked it up and decided to use it in that project.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am

BoldEnglishman wrote:
Huh, so that's where Major Cooke is from. Now that you pointed out, I can't read your name without hearing General Braddock's voice saying it.

Hahahah! Remember that game after all, do you now?

@Ichor: Quite interesting. However, I've never played heretic/hexen 1-2, so sadly I wouldn't know what it's about.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Ichor wrote:
Actually, this is not where my name comes from. This is. And where did that come from, you might ask? Well, upon reading the Heretic manual waaay back in 199X, I stumbled across the word 'ichor' for the first time. Not really knowing what it meant except for the context, I looked it up and decided to use it in that project.
Yeah, but what I meant is that it has a meaning as a word. I only knew that word before due to the song I linked here to. After that, I searched for it's meaning.

Still, I didnt know there was a mod with this name Razz
Back to top Go down
BoldEnglishman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 am

Major Cooke wrote:
@Ichor: Quite interesting. However, I've never played heretic/hexen 1-2, so sadly I wouldn't know what it's about.

If I remember correctly, I think it is at the end of the story. The manual describes Corvus approaching the City of the Damned before the game starts, and it's describing what he might expect to find within... something about his enemies "oozing their heart's ichor before you".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ichor: Blood of god   Today at 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Ichor: Blood of god
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1