» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Some doubts in AEOD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Some doubts in AEOD   Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Hello there, first time here. I have to say, this mod is just one of the most awesome I ever played. Should be so awesome like Deus Vult 2. But I have some questions.

1. When can I attack the Lich Bosses? The invencibility lasts a long time, and I don't know when it's disactivated.

2. Sometimes, I find a weird glitch. My slaves begins to attack the ground in a single spot, with absolutely nothing over it. Is that some kind of lost object with "monster" status?

3. How, in the hell, I defeat the DTB? Shocked I want to see what that overgod drops! Very Happy

4. Besides the Demilich, which monster drops the Dark Flame Wand?

5. Oh, and for last. Is the 5.0 version close? If the 4.21 was amazing, the 5.0 is going to be the WAD of the Perfection.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Ribo Zurai wrote:
Hello there, first time here. I have to say, this mod is just one of the most awesome I ever played. Should be so awesome like Deus Vult 2. But I have some questions.

1. When can I attack the Lich Bosses? The invencibility lasts a long time, and I don't know when it's disactivated.

2. Sometimes, I find a weird glitch. My slaves begins to attack the ground in a single spot, with absolutely nothing over it. Is that some kind of lost object with "monster" status?

3. How, in the hell, I defeat the DTB? Shocked I want to see what that overgod drops! Very Happy

5. Oh, and for last. Is the 5.0 version close? If the 4.21 was amazing, the 5.0 is going to be the WAD of the Perfection.

Thanks.

@1. I'm not a monster developer, Ichor or Thanatos may explain
@2. I belive the allied of yours are attacking the monster spawner, a object that replaces the orginal Doom monsters and is used to randomly spawn one of the new monsters. oddly enogth this should have been fixed as farI know.
@3. In simple words, you don't until you are one of those few honks that know how. The better explaing. This very unfair boss monster is only in a single frame vunerable. And that is somewhen durring its strongest attack. Now I used God mode for monces and shoted with the flyer for like a half hour nonstop on DBT in order to hit that frame somewhen (randomly) but not even that worked at all. With my word here I try to get Thanatos do something on his elite monster to make it a tiny bit more fair. I understand it has to be the hardest monster of them all but beeing 99,8% unfair in the layout does not really work. If I have charge on that part of this mod, I would even vote to get ride of it as it damages gameplay in my eyes. But I'm not the boss.
@4. Again I'm not a Monster person. I belive Ichor could answer this best.
@5. Its still in a work status. For two months I thougth we where onces closer. But it apears we continue finding new areas that need to be worked with. I doubt that its anywhere possible that we get this work done in the next few weeks. Specialy sinces this whole project has to be tested befor we give it out, for bugs and balance problems. But you can ensure that our team is working hard on the product, and that our team is bigger then it was in 4.x times. So more work can be doen this time and will be done. Just be patient may you can have a doomish chrismass gift still this year Very Happy (Well i have no cule when its ready but its ready when all work and testing is done and that still takes time even when some major parts are dealed with)

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
Ichor
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 pm

1. For the lich king, I think he's invulnerable when using a short range attack like where he shoots a flamethrower type flame in several directions, or counterattack like those nasty ground attacks. If you hit him, there's a chance that he'll use one of those counterattacks. For the demilich, he's invulnerable when he uses any attack, but he doesn't counterattack.
2. What he said. I think we took care of that problem a while ago.
3. The timing has to be absolutely perfect. Use a railgun or scarab staff or something that causes a fair amount of hitscan damage in a single spot.
4. Nothing. He's the only one that drops it.
5. "If the 4.21 was amazing, the 5.0 is going to be the WAD of the Perfection." - That's what we're shooting for.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Ribo Zurai wrote:

Thanks.

Hi. Well, you already got the answers from other 2 developers, but here goes my shot.

1.- Ok, Ichor is as right as it gets-
2.- That's an issue with the old monster spawning method. This really shouldnt exist anymore. I guess I will have to double check on this.
3.- Ichor got it right again
4.- See ichor's answer
5.- There is no due date for this. We are working in a few things that really needs to be tested a lot, and this could take yet another... 2, 3, 4, 6 moths? We really dont know. But one thing is sure: we are working hard on this.

Thanks for dropping by into our lonely forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:38 am

Ichor wrote:
1. For the lich king, I think he's invulnerable when using a short range attack like where he shoots a flamethrower type flame in several directions, or counterattack like those nasty ground attacks. If you hit him, there's a chance that he'll use one of those counterattacks. For the demilich, he's invulnerable when he uses any attack, but he doesn't counterattack.
2. What he said. I think we took care of that problem a while ago.
3. The timing has to be absolutely perfect. Use a railgun or scarab staff or something that causes a fair amount of hitscan damage in a single spot.
4. Nothing. He's the only one that drops it.
5. "If the 4.21 was amazing, the 5.0 is going to be the WAD of the Perfection." - That's what we're shooting for.

1. Odd, he only seems invulnerable when he's teleporting/casting ground flares/casting meteor showers.
3. Scarab staff is good, but if you want to get a nice hit on him while being able to get to cover, use the heavy rocket launcher. Time it well, and see what the easter egg is! If you want a challenge, I suggest the Apocalypse with a fire symbol and pray that you get the hit with it's rapid attack speed. It's a 1/5th shot though...
5. It WILL be... if we get the Mordeth award.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Award? nothing is less significant than a award. I'd rater have two people saying "aeod is good" than to have one award that will mean nothing to me. I dont know about you guys though... Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Haha I know. It was a joke. I think we're in hot competition with Demon Eclipse though for the mordeth award. =P
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 am

What Mordeth award ??? kind of cookie or cake to eat or something ? O..o

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 pm

...No, the Mordeth award is like the Mockaward... Whoever's wad that is famous and takes the longest to make (or is still in production) gets said award for TAKING TOO DAMN LONG. =P

References: Duke Nukem not coming out in Forever *hack*
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 am

well our mod is not qualificated comapred to Demon Eclipse then because we realsed a product last year and working sinces then on a new project. While DE seem to be WIP sinces 3.x (that when i joined the zdoom forum) and i guess DE is even longer in the work. Yet most impressive result from a one man team.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some doubts in AEOD   

Back to top Go down

Some doubts in AEOD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1