Share | 

[Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:06 pm

hi tonigth came up one most weird situation.

Map Played E2M8 type of map (cyberdemon endboss map)

Cyberdemon class enemy on stage: The Demon Mother (Doom64)

Weapon used for attack: The Spellbook / Charm spell

What did I attack?: Varios monsters that where in the same room, in order to help me battle the motherdemon.

What happend?: Demons started to figth agains my befrinded demons, Demon mother did not die, suddenly the map ends like I would have killed the cyberdemon.

Resume: WTF³ ??!!

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.

Last edited by Reilsss on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 pm

You sure it didnt die? Sometimes the map ends before the death animation has started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

What happens is, with the cyberdemon class, the moment you kill any of those bosses (as in the split second they hit their death state), they instantly call the special trigger which ends the episode. There's ways to prevent this, however it would require going back and recoding every single one of them in order to delay it.

Although I must quote DBT:

DBThanatos wrote:
AEoD is designed for Doom 2 vanilla maps only.

Also, I should also bring up what I said earlier about Doom 1...

Why bother with Doom 1? Doom 2 ensures the experience is complete, and has all the weapons and monsters compared to doom 1, which lacks the super shotgun classes, along with the following monsters:

-Chaingun sergeant
-Spectre (I think, not 100% sure on this one)
-Pain elemental
-Revenant
-Mancubus
-Arachnotron
-Archvile
-SS Nazis

Really, Doom 1 is pud compared to Doom 2, and hence why I consider it a waste of my time, along with the missing things listed above.

I don't think we'll be fixing bugs like this though because we don't want to ruin Doom 2's gameplay in an attempt to fix Doom 1's minor bug.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
BoldEnglishman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:50 pm

It can't really be called Doom 1's bug since this is something id Software could not have forseen.

Also the reason people play Doom 1 is a) because of the maps and b) exactly because of the missing enemies. Doom 1 doesn't really have any middle class monsters so instead you just have legions of really weak enemies, but this changes the play style slightly (not as much as without the mod).

While it isen't the best, I wouldn't really call Doom 1 'pud'.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:57 pm

I meant difficulty-speaking.
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 am

About the cyber creatore. As I didn't attack it with weapons and it was only a very short infight situation I know the motherdemon had still health at this situation. And in fact as the episode edned was the mother demon in middle of a attack on befrinded monster. So she did not die or where about to die there.

The only thing that could have happen where that a baron class enemy did die in that second. Yet I'm not sure if any baron class enemys where present in that room.

And why playing Doom1? There plenty maps for Doom1 that are not for Doom2. With is why I added the compatibility package to AEOD so you can run it in both games. In fact our mod SHOULD run in both games. What happend to mancubos and such. Can and I also think was easiely doen for cyby and Spidy

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 am

Barons should not affect in this situation, since they're not the ones that are being considered in the (hardcoded) script.
Azanigin's death looks like an attack, because it actually summon 4 baron class monsters. Still if you're really sure that she was in an actual attack, chances for this "bug" to happen are kind of small, if possible at all. I see nothing wrong on the code, and the only time the activation happens, is when she enters the death sequence.
Do you have a savegame for that?
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 am

Saddly i do not have a savegame of this but i guess that itts a typical happens 1 of 1000 times kind of thing.

Probally was also the dead sequnces that I thougth would be an attack.

Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:58 pm

I think so unimporent isn't that bug at all.

Playing E3 M8 and well diffrent endbosses on map but the very same effect.

I think the spidermastermind class boss did kill durring a infigth a baron class (boss E1M8) enemy, with triggered the map end.

I have this time the savegame of that map and situation still. Althougth reallive is like shity I don't think I upload the bundel of files in the next few hours.

In any case I get the feeling all effors on make this bosstricker work for doom 2 ended in Doom1 the way like "it does not matter what boss you kill, the first dead one triggers the map ending".

And why I#m so sure on this... I didn't shot this time with any weapon on the endboss as I was busy colelcting health items. The monster infigth I think wasn't also to much. And wel lthis time figther a ShadowWarrior Sumo wrelser gigant agains a Strife robot (one of the big onces that make footstepsounds and shots with double rocket launchers).

Maybe one of you play a Doom1 endboss map where two diffrent endbosses are on (Baron and cyber and or spider) and check to kill one of them first if that ends the map rigth ahead. If so my theheorie is correct.

In any case I think this kind of bug is not dramatic engoth to care fixing it. Specialy sinces most people will play doom2 anyhow.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 pm

If we can reproduce it, then it must be fixed.

however, i havent noticed this at all.

As soon as they enter the 1st tic of death seq, the special is triggered and the episode ends, so you have no chance to see any death sequence at all.

However, it does sound weird that (if there was no infight and you were not attacking the boss) this happened
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 pm

There was monster infigth I think between baron class and spiderdemon class. I think it is a genral Doom1 bug. I wonder if a diffrent svn will fix it. What I wonder most.... when will i have time for something ?

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I think it might be the +BOSSDEATH flags.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I think I fixed this. I couldnt find the exact reason of why this bug happens, nor even reproduce it, however, I did notice something strange in the code of azanigin's baron spawners. In their death sequence they were calling A_KillMaster (in this case, being Azanigin), so that could be the reason, however, is really weird because the spawners doesnt enter to the death sequence by themselves, they just "STOP"; the spawner has a 1 tic life, so no chance to be damaged and killed, and yet, it's health is "100000000000". So, is very unlikely the spawer would die and kill azanigin, but I removed said A_KillMaster just in case.
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   Wed May 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I have the belive it kinda hapens in any Doom1 Endboss map so i guess I could try the fix in a futured Doom1 quickrun to find out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...   

Back to top Go down

[Fixed...] Winning E2M8 / E3M8...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1