» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kadaverick
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Adding to my previus list:

Tekbow. Fairly common and plenty of ammo

Teh One and Only Deathray! "It's very atomic!!!"
Back to top Go down
Quickslash
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 am

Here goes my list

1 - Remote detonator
2 - Dual medieval axes
3 - Magic crossbow
4 - Dispersion gun
5 - Demon staff
6 - War axe
7 - Plutonium canon
8 - Shredder staff
9 - Prototype
0 - Apocalypse Twisted Evil

Most hated enemy? well... DeathBringerThanatos?
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm

ShadowTiger's top ten weapons:

1) Sticky Mine - Because tossing bombs at people and watching the bombs bounce off of them is annoying. Tossing bombs at people and watching them stick to the person is outrageous. Bonus points for tossing while circlestrafing.

2) Gauntlets - Let's get punchy. I actually never use the alt-fire. I just run up to them, punch a few times, and back the hell away. The scythe (With the longer charging alt-fire) is actually my favorite weapon out of all of these. It just takes far too long.

3) MP5 - Because clicking is fun. Yeah, I found it to be surprisingly powerful for what I needed it to do. I'd rather click only a few times on an enemy, than waste an entire barrage of minigun fire. *shrugs*

4) Sniper Rifle - "Click on what you want to die." Yeah, seriously, I love sniping. Far, far too much. I don't really use the scope, due to hellishly long cooldown on the ability to remove yourself from the scope. That's just nasty, there.

5) Assault Rifle - (The one the Triad Enforcers drop.) It's like the MP5 only you don't have to keep clicking. Great bullet damage, and the grenades are top notch for what they are. A great all-around weapon. I would have picked the flamethrower, but the flames damage us, so...

6) Missile Launcher - Great damage. I should've picked the Howitzer, but I've only gotten it like, .. once .. so...

7) Vulcan Cannon - I cannot believe how much I love this gun. Forget the recoil it has. It's the equivalent of loving your own child, even if he had a tail and cat ears or whatever. Massive damage output and its altfire is great too. I love you, Vulcan Cannon.

Cool Raven Staff - A classic oldbie. Exploding Ravens. What's not to love? And the alt-fire is great for clearing a room before you even get in there.

9) Gluon Gun - I never hear people talking about this bad boy. The alt-fire is one of the coolest effects you get to see in AEoD. I also love how smooth the primary fire animation is. But of course, it's not about the graphics; it's about the deadliness. The Gluon Gun is top notch here.

10) Come on. OH COME ON. I hate you for making me choose. >:- ( The level 10 weapons are part of the reason I play AEoD. I'll pick two. No favorite order.

• The Inferno - The projectiles it fires seek, and it makes a very interesting and oddly addicting sound when it hits something. The projectiles are randomized too, for even more interesting fun. The alt-fire is a great room-clearer, for the most part.
  • The Hell Heaven Hand. Who wouldn't pick this? Forget the fact that the ammo is far too rare. IT'S THE HELL HEAVEN HAND!!! This is the weapon that I get to boast about to all my friends when I say that I have wielded the greatest weapon that any gamer could ever wield. And I describe the attacks from least greatest to greatest. The least greatest is ... well, ... I guess I can't really spoil anything here. But the third attack is the least "greatest" attack, and I still love it. I get to describe the first attack as the greatest. Why is the second attack not the greatest, despite its effect? It's an effect that you could claim to obviously be the greatest attack in gaming since the "I turn off my PC and declare myself a winner" maneuver, and it's still not the greatest attack it has?" Badass weapon, this be.
Back to top Go down
Rarsonic
Demon
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:50 pm

After thinking about it for a while, would it be too... flamey... if there was the opposite thread created (or using this one)? That's it: "Your least favourite weapons"?
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:08 pm

Feel free to create it. We're always interested in seeing all type of critics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Player701
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 am

Here we go!

Slot 1: Necromantic BoneStaff. The ultimate resurrection tool.

Slot 2: Katana. Try to reflect seeking projectiles with this and see what happens.

Slot 3: Quake 4 Shotgun (because of high firerate and reloading feature) and Desert Eagle (because of high precision).

Slot 4: DemonOrb. Wow, friendly monsters!

Slot 5: Gauss Gun (Quake 4 Nailgun). Fire the secondary mode if you have no primary ammo, the effect is almost the same. (BTW, if the secondary fire shoots nails, why don't they pierce shields?)

Slot 6: Howitzer. The only bad thing is that you can easily kill yourself with this.

Slot 7: Quake 4 Grenade Launcher. I like that shrapnel.

Slot 8: Quake 4 Railgun (the one with zoom). High precision + high damage.

Slot 9: Prototype. A shitload of firing modes!

Slot 0: BFG9000. Just don't overcharge... (BTW, is it intended that I don't instantly kill myself if I overcharge it? I must do that several times to blow myself up...)
Back to top Go down
http://player701.ru/
Rarsonic
Demon
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:50 am

Player701 wrote:
Slot 0: BFG9000. Just don't overcharge... (BTW, is it intended that I don't instantly kill myself if I overcharge it? I must do that several times to blow myself up...)

If I recall correctly, a BFG9000 oveerload did kill you instantly in earlier versions of AEoD. It might not be the case in the newest since it is easier to obtain great numbers of health and armor.

Edit: I wanted to say "armor" not "ammo". Obviously, ammo does not protect you (directly) from damage.

Last edited by Rarsonic on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Player701 wrote:
(BTW, if the secondary fire shoots nails, why don't they pierce shields?)

Using the same ammo type doesn't mean it has to do the same. It's like asking why the Dispersion Gun won't kill in one shot everything in a square mile just because it uses the same ammo as the Fusion Generator. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Player701
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Player701 wrote:
(BTW, if the secondary fire shoots nails, why don't they pierce shields?)

Using the same ammo type doesn't mean it has to do the same. It's like asking why the Dispersion Gun won't kill in one shot everything in a square mile just because it uses the same ammo as the Fusion Generator. Just sayin'.
I don't talk about the Dispersion Gun. Almost all weapons which use nails as primary or secondary ammo fire shield-piercing rounds. Thus, if a gun USES nails, and FIRES nails, why doesn't the projectiles it fires don't WORK like nails?

Sorry for offtopic. But this question goes mainly to the developers, though.
Back to top Go down
http://player701.ru/
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm

As Mr.Kosta said, even though there are weapons that follow this behavior, is not imperative for a nail to pierce targets. I guess we could imagine that the speed at which the nail was fired could be the factor that determines if the nail pierces or not.

Example, perhaps, in order to have the nail expelled at the incredible speed that is in the gaussgun, a very strong physical process takes place in the barrel of the weapon, explosion probably. So strong that actually compromises the integrity of the nail, making it much less prone to pierce.

Either way, we never meant to imply that a nail would always pierce.
Back to top Go down
skyrish
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 pm

heres my favorite weapons in AEoD

1 - TNT
2 - Chainsaw
3 - Flare Guns
4 - Dragon Claws
5 - M16 Assault Rifle
6 - Chicken Launcher
7 - Raptor
8 - Experimental Incendiary Launcher
9 - Heavy Rocket Launcher
0 - Hand of God

so thats it
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Rarsonic wrote:
Edit: I wanted to say "armor" not "ammo". Obviously, ammo does not protect you (directly) from damage.

Mmm, you never know... Wink

There's one ammo type that can be used to protect you.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Rarsonic wrote:

As a matter of fact, there's one realtively common (well, let's say, not extremely rare) weapon which's alt fire can literally protect you from any damage that's coming to you (as long as is not a ripper, nor a big explosive).

Can you guys guess what it is? Whoever gets it right, gets a cookie.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 pm

OOH! Can I say it? Very Happy

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:17 am

I think I know which one it is...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:11 am

No.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 am

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
OOH! Can I say it? Very Happy
No you cant. Wink

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:38 pm

D'aww. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rarsonic
Demon
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Rarsonic wrote:

Spoiler:

DBThanatos wrote:
As a matter of fact, there's one realtively common (well, let's say, not extremely rare) weapon which's alt fire can literally protect you from any damage that's coming to you (as long as is not a ripper, nor a big explosive).

Can you guys guess what it is? Whoever gets it right, gets a cookie.

Spoiler:

Edit: @Skyrish: Oooo... Demonstar. rabbit
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Nope. It's not that one either; while both answers kinda work, none of them is as effective as the one Im thinking.

Another clue: it wont do shit against a melee attack, but it can literally stop heavy rockets before they're at range for it's explosion to cause damage. It can virtually protect you (if used right) from any non ripper attack, whether is missile or hitscan.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:52 pm

...truth be told, I was actually thinking the katana. I must seriously be forgetting something... Heh.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah, I always wondered if people ever noticed such great feature on this weapon Im talking about. It was a side effect of the way I needed stuff to be done, and I thought of completely removing it, but found out that it was interesting, and that people might eventually find it's other use.

Ahh damn it. Ubber clue: it's like you're actually firing a shield towards your enemies.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Alright, you got me. I don't know anymore. The only thing I could think of was the guardian head, but it's only stationary and it just damages nearby enemies.

Call me slow... but is it a starter weapon? I only play the crawl_palanax, nothing else.

And anything that remotely resembles a shield, I can only think of a three-bladed weapon called the painkiller.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 am

DBThanatos wrote:
Ahh damn it. Ubber clue: it's like you're actually firing a shield towards your enemies.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!   Today at 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down

The Favorite Weapon-set Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next