Would you believe in the Supernatural?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 am

Just a general harmless poll. ^^,

If given the chance, would you take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill? Having your consciousness removed from the mask of falsity to see the truth of the universe, or remaining blissfully ignorant in a world that may or may not be just perfect for you. It's the difference between a fully open mind and a mind closed out of the need for personal sanity and protection.

Of course, all of the benefits and negatives come with both. If you took the Blue pill, your life would be exactly as it is now. Ghosts would be of no concern. Werewolves and Vampires would remain nestled comfortably (Or uncomfortably, as the case may be.) within Twilight.

If you took the Red Pill, well, we can take it from there. You'd find out just how impressive and terrifying this universe really is. Everyone has their theories, but for some people, theories are no longer theories; the stuff actually happens to those people. Tyra Banks did a show about it once. That was only one small piece of it.

The universe is a pretty interesting place. I'm glad to know that there's so much more to it than meets the eye. ^^,
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:24 am

I'm one who doesn't like change much... The only way I would take the red pill is if I know for a fact that there's at least something really really really really REALLY good to look forward to as a goal once awakened.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I'd simply stay where I am. Ignorance is bless.

The more you "know", the more questions you'll have. The more unhappy you'll become.

That's my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:37 pm

DBThanatos wrote:

The more you "know", the more questions you'll have. The more unhappy you'll become.

That's my point of view.

QFT mate. Not everyone can survive when change occurs, so the longer we can delay the inevitable, the better sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Kadaverick
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:06 pm

DBThanatos wrote:

That's my point of view.
I once heard/read/whatever that the more an individual knows, the more chance that individual has of being dissapointed by...everything
Also, anyone with a more or less stable situation would likely to be very reluctant to change that situation for another one that's uncertain
I'd definelty take the bluepill, besides reality is pretty irrelevant for most people :v
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 am

Oh I take reality over illusion.

My belief is that learning about what is real is the true way to learn how to wrestle the universe better. Science over religion any day of the week. Idea

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Yeah, that's the way I'm taking it too. I've been discovering a lot of shocking truths about reality lately. I was just kinda sitting on the sidelines, being amazed at hearing about everything, when one such incident kinda caught me off guard. I will only go into specifics if you PM me for it, (And you do so at your own risk, as you likely won't believe a word of it unless it happens to you too. ... but that is how you believe, now isn't it.) but it was an evening that changed my life forever.

Now I'm trying to learn Psionics as self-defense, as well as Astral Projection. It is far too difficult to leave the body. I'm not sure if those around me who do it on their first try are lying or not. I do know it's real and quite possible after an experience (The one above) but it's still so hard to believe.

Oh well... Change is inevitable. My preference is to get used to it, so when it happens, it doesn't come as too much of a shock.

(Not that some change isn't positive..)
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 pm

There's several quotes to match up with what you are saying:

Breaking Benjamin wrote:
Only the strongest will survive!
Lead me to heaven when we die!
I have a shadow on the wall!
I'll be the one to save us all....

Riddick wrote:
There is only one speed... My speed.

I do not feel like I would be strong enough to withtake the reality if there was one, as I've rather gotten absorbed into the surroundings I live in. Taking me from them might cause tremendous stress which could possibly kill someone.

I'd rather be a blind enough to not have to see a horrendous visage that could kill just from looking at you, than being able to make out the glaring color of its eyes with shades on.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 am

ShadowTiger wrote:
Now I'm trying to learn Psionics as self-defense, as well as Astral Projection.

I have no idea about psionics but I know astral projection can be explained quite easily through errors of the brain. Was some spatial room recognition and/or sensory error if I remember correctly (read about it some months ago for fun). Besides Ive experienced similar things when Im about to faint and thats most likely when the brain is on its knees.

I have no idea about your experience but you can ask James Randi for his money if you ever can prove it to him. Proving astral projection exist as an true out of body experience will most likely get you 1mil dollars.

If you like to read about people experimenting with it theres Emanuel Swedenborg, he seems to be quite famous for it. Though to be fair he was kinda strange.

Feel free to experiment with it but dont eat weird stuff, get weird sleep habits or starve yourself in any way to get there (especially oxygen). Thats just dangerous and generally causes damage.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:47 am

Oh indeed, indeed. I don't touch alcohol, and I'd never do anything even mildly drug-related more than once every two months.

The thing about Astral Projection is, that I'm conflicted on it. Months ago, my first attempt at it revealed the color of the walls and placements of the objects in the rooms of these two Great friends I have. I received confirmation of the colors and placements in a webcam chat I had with them later. Once could be explained as a coincidence. Twice is bordering on strange. I've been trying to do it a third time but I can't reproduce anything.

The flipside of Astral Projection is that when you're on your deathbed, and you "go to the tunnel" or whatever, everyone sees something different; they see a depiction of heaven as their own culture describes it to them. Buddhists see Buddha, Christians see whatever they see, Jews see a heaven without their mother in law, (Harrr; I'm allowed to make that joke. Razz ) etc. But that is definitely the trick of the mind.

I'd wager they're two different types of Astral Projection. A hunch is the best I can give you on it though.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:30 am

I'd love to believe in stuff like that, but unfortunately, Im really skeptical about it. Really, I always wanted to have some extrasensory experiences because that would give me some inspiration, but nah. Never have, and probably never will. The more you search for something, the less chances to find it.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 am

I have to say, DBT, if you search for something to protect it from others, your chances are far higher to find it that way or by stumbling across something.

Time and time again, I've done that (stumbling into something that sparks a whole new road for me to try out), but sometimes I have to back track because I fear I might be doing something wrong or it may be something which after passing an invisible no-return line, I'll be stuck for good.

I'm considered one whose "behind" in a lot of things, but something is lighting me up... As if I know something... Kinda like Richard the Warlock from the LFG comic, he sees flashes of his past and says:

Richard wrote:
I, like Kale, have found a path. Where it will lead, I do not know, yet I am compelled to follow...
Back to top Go down
Kadaverick
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:19 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
The more you search for something, the less chances to find it.
I always thought it was the other way around
What with predisposition and all
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Then again, you also have to look at those who aren't searching for it as well. Notice how more of them gain more than those who do seek it. Yes, some are a bit more successful than others who don't truly seek it, but they are also ones who should have eyes on them at all times to ensure they don't do something... dumb.

They do often find it, but they notice how rapidly it can easily be taken away from them. A good example is those who have rather greedy minds...

Such as the guy who owned all the CompUSAs. He tried to sell all his shops to become the richest man in the world. A fucking stupid decision because not only has he left many people jobless, but it just goes to prove how much of an uncaring bastard he is. Rest assured... If one of the greater sins doesn't get to him, then Avarice will call out to him from his court session to prove his worth at the gates of Heaven...
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Kadaverick wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:
The more you search for something, the less chances to find it.
I always thought it was the other way around
What with predisposition and all

I learned this when I was a kid. Whenever I tried to finish a colletion of something, I couldnt, because the world would conspire against me searching for something.

I know it sounds silly, and there's no logical way to explain it, but that's the way it always happens for me. In all matters. So, is better to sit and see what the sky will throw at you Razz

(ok, not everything but there's a lot of stuff where this applies to me)
Back to top Go down
Kadaverick
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:53 pm

DBThanatos wrote:

I learned this when I was a kid. Whenever I tried to finish a colletion of something, I couldnt, because the world would conspire against me searching for something.

I know it sounds silly, and there's no logical way to explain it, but that's the way it always happens for me. In all matters. So, is better to sit and see what the sky will throw at you Razz

(ok, not everything but there's a lot of stuff where this applies to me)
Depending on the collection it could be logical because of the chances of getting something you don't have getting smaller the more things you get for that collection
There was an intelligent way of saying this but...I lost the sheets of that one class heh Razz
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Rest assured... If one of the greater sins doesn't get to him, then Avarice will call out to him from his court session to prove his worth at the gates of Heaven...

Yeah, as if that would happen. If you think something is unfair and needs to be punished then you have to do it yourself while your alive.

Its really creeping me out when you say they all the time. As if they were not the same as us.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Kadaverick wrote:

There was an intelligent way of saying this but...I lost the sheets of that one class heh Razz

If you search for a specific single paper from from a collection your are more unlikely to find it compared to if you randomly search for loads of them. Since the chances of getting that one paper is so much smaller than randomly getting one of the others. Especially since the last paper is very likely to be much more rare if its the last one left in your collection. Or if you had a complete collection and then lost few papers then those papers could have been lost in another time or another way compared to the rest you much more easily found.

To be fair collecting things is a hassle. Cool
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Findus wrote:
Its really creeping me out when you say they all the time. As if they were not the same as us.

Where the hell did this come from?

Findus wrote:
If you search for a specific single paper from from a collection your are more unlikely to find it compared to if you randomly search for loads of them. Since the chances of getting that one paper is so much smaller than randomly getting one of the others. Especially since the last paper is very likely to be much more rare if its the last one left in your collection. Or if you had a complete collection and then lost few papers then those papers could have been lost in another time or another way compared to the rest you much more easily found.

To be fair collecting things is a hassle.

And now for something completely different!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:38 am

Kadaverick wrote:
Depending on the collection it could be logical because of the chances of getting something you don't have getting smaller the more things you get for that collection
True, yet, somehow applies in my case.

I have never experienced anything like that, and I'd love it to happen, Im eagerly waiting for it, but oh no, never happened, and I doubt it will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe in the Supernatural?   

Back to top Go down

Would you believe in the Supernatural?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1