» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Michaelis

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

AEoD Music Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:31 pm

My ears now hurt... X_X

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Disarmonia Mundi - Celestial Furnace

Bjorn "Speed" Strid, the epic singer from Soilwork, is here to kick ass.

1:38 is when some of the best vocals I've heard him sing.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 am

Hmm, Disharmonia Mundi... the only album I've heard from them is their second. Fragments of D-Generation. Nice Soilwork-esque stuff.

Well, these guys are Angelus Apatrida, one of the best bands in my country. Asskicking Thrash metal, just the way I like it Cool
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Hmmm... so I was playing with this song, and I think it would make a great song for an AEoD trailer. I mean, the title sums up what you're gonna find xD

And by the way, I love AC/DC. Seeing them live last summer in Sevilla, my hometown (something utterly unthinkable not so long ago) was one of the best experiences of my life. A day full of rock, laughs and beer... oh yeah, lots o' beer xD
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:18 am

I dont like AC/DC at all. Period. Sorry to say, but it's the truth. Thus, I must also disagree... Copyrighted music shouldn't be used for trailers unless it's specifically cut out to certain extents without vocals. At least, I refuse to use music unless it has long non-singing areas.

And if I can't find anything else, I make sure the lyrics match the mood of the trailer... i.e. "It's just another way to die!" right as the HTC3 logo flashes across the trailer cover... no, it's not out yet.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:56 am

Meh. Matter of tastes I guess.

(That said, how anyone can dislike such a legendary band is way beyond me. But that may be because I've been in love with 70's and 80's rock since I have memory)

And just to make it clear, I wasn't serious about making a trailer. And of course, I was asking nobody to do so. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I know, I'm just pulling your chain. Razz

Except when it comes to AC/DC. Seriously... I don't like them at all.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:53 pm

I dont like ACDC specially, but I dont dislike them either. I do wonder what makes you "not like" them so much, cooke?

Anyway, music contribution of the day!

Heh @ the name of the song, but still, their noisiness, their technicality and the fun odd tempos kind of makes me go berserk Razz

I wanted to include sleep terror midis in the AEODmus.pk3, but they dont seem to exist. Sad

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Why I don't like them is because they aren't giving me the vibe that I'm looking for. They just sound too light.

Here's my contribution:

In Flames - The Quiet Place (more of a victory song, I know)

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:19 pm

@ DBT: I must admit, I didn't know those guys. And that song title made me laugh xD

@ Major Cooke: Well, they have the vibe of a balls-to-the-wall, party-all-night, drink-'till-you-drop 70's hard rock band. I don't see any problem with that. I like heavier stuff as well, but variety is the spice of life, as they say.

My turn now...

Bathory's Blood Fire Death is pure epicness. And I don't mean just the song (which is a freakin' anthem, by the way), but the whole album. Pure auditory gold every single second of it.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I prefer just sticking with a few categories. The only "spice" I have is called Eminem and Trick Trick - Welcome to Detroit City, and that's only because of the rhythmic use of different instruments. Still can't stand that rap crap though.

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 am

Theres something about that beating machinelike frank klepacki music.

Besides every time someone says they hate C&C god kills a kitten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 am

Hmm, I knew this Klepacki guy had dome some nifty stuff for some video games (C&C Red Alert is my favourite of that series), but I didn't know he had released albums. Interesting...

Also, did you say machine-like beating?

It doesn't get more lifeless and machine-like than Godflesh. Especially their first album, Streetcleaner.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, here's a nice little tune to celebrate the cacoaward (even if it is a cacoaward for the worst mod... I mean, what the hell was that Steve guy smoking?)

There. I really hope that Steve pulls that stick out of his arse before revewing anything again.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Meh. The "worst" they say, according to their review... I have the feeling Scuba Steve didnt actually played it, but at this point I couldnt care less. AEoD is now in the history of the cacowards, and that's a mention that will last for a long time. Free advertisement!

Anyway, to our beloved Doom that just turned 17!

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:01 pm

LMAO That was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:03 pm

It's from an Adult Swim show called Metalocalypse.

It's friggin' hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, time for some of the good old stuff...

Yeah, I know I've put some Tank before. It's just that this is among my songs of choice when getting blown into bits in any HR style megawad.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am

Dedicated to two AEoD bosses that i've encountered more than once in my last Whispers of Satan playthrough. They beat me good, specially the little guy, I always forget he's been buffed so brutally xD
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Hahah! nice. Gotta love the bosse's names Razz

I remember the name adramelech, and I remember it was a fire boss, but I dont quite remember it. Time to summon Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:05 pm

He's the Archon of Hell on flaming steroids and testosterone.

DBT, where do you come up with all the names of the demons and stuff? Like mephistopheles I can imagine something from diablo II as a combination of mephisto and socrates.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Mephistopheles is the antagonist in Goethe's Faust.

Very nice read, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:34 am

On the names, you can search on angels or devils on wikipedia. There are nice lists and names. Much old myth and such too like the devil has 12 wings since hes just that powerful (each wing represents a power) and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah, Im no "demonologist" or anything, I just searched several years ago (back when I didnt have internet in my house, so that's like 4 years ago) for a nice list of demon names, and came up with a single file that had one too many. I've been using them ever since. Is just that names like "Ubber demon" "Firedemon" "Mega super demon that will kill you" arent very appealing, and I wanted to have some originality. Take as example thamuz. Yep, that monster, originally named "dark cyberdemon", now is known all around thanks to other 2 projects, and is known as Thamuz, and not such a lame name as "dark cybie"... SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, this is nothing I'd relate to AEoD, but I thought I should share it with you:

Who ya gonna call? xD

PS: I wish those guys were around when the cyberdemon version of the Hexen cleric appears. Damn ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD Music Thread   

Back to top Go down

AEoD Music Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next