» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Your list of least-favourite weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rarsonic
Demon
Demon

PostSubject: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Over the course of playing this mod we've found a lot of weapons, used them and gushed about them like countryside rednecks. However, maybe you've found some weapons that... disappointed you, either because you felt them too silly, too weak, or too redundant. Here's my little list.

Slot 1: Proximity-triggered-detonator-rigged TNT bundles.
They make a great way to kill unexpected enemies in ambushes or attempted backstabs. They also make a great way to kill yourself if you forget about them or misplace them (and that happens more often that you think, at least to me).

Slot 2: The Painkiller
I know you might not could add the real secondary fire of this weapon due to scripting limitations, but I was a little disappointed that I could not give some monsters a little lining. Otherwise I have no complaints about this group.

Slot 3: Smith&Wesson .357 Magnum Revolver
I'm sorry, but I cannot take the Cabal seriously with that pop gun they begin with. I know there's already the Desert Eagle but I believe this could use some boosting.

Slot 4: Serpent Staff
Hated it in HeXen, hate it now. The fart is a nice add-on, but slaloming weak projectiles just don't cut it for me.

Slot 5: The Minigun
Listed under the definition of "Underpowered feel". Specially compared with shredders such as the Skull Staff and the Hyperblaster.

Slot 6: Minimissile launcher
Yet another weapon that promises big, but delievers little. Too bad there's a hand already drawn in the subjective view sprite, because this could use some akimbo fun. Unhonorable mention goes to the Phoenix Rod for those Paint-looking decals of its secondary fire.

Slot 7: Ice Wand
Short primary fire range and unreliable secondary fire. I was about to list the Prisma Cannon but then I found out they can be dual wielded.

Slot 8: Shredder Staff
Or as I like to call it, the Influenza-Infected-Snot-Sneezed-In-A-Subway-Wagon-Full-Of-Peope-At-Eight-In-The-Morning Staff. Ew.

Slot 9: The Crawler
Just what the hell is this? Anyway, yet another presidential candidate-type weapon.

Slot 0: Dark Matter Gun
Pretty good, but this purply wonder doesn't really shine in face of the Gluon Gun or maybe the QSG (is it still in AEoD 5?)
Back to top Go down
Ichor
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Slot 1 - The bunny. Every time I have a full slot and I see something else, the bunny is almost always the first to go.

Slot 2 - Probably the knife. While there's no bad ones here, more often than not, I drop the knife when something better like the vorpal blade or axe comes along.

Slot 3 - Either the tekbow or pistols. Sure, I may use this in the beginning when I don't have much, but they're always dropped in favor of better things. Also, the mana based weapons are useful until I find others of the type.

Slot 4 - Hard to choose...maybe the riot gun. And if I have a double barreled shotgun, it will always get dropped whenever I come across a sawed-off.

Slot 5 - Nailgun MK2. I don't know what it is about this, but I don't like it, and I always use the other nailgun over this.

Slot 6 - The razor most likely. It's not really a bad weapon (although I liked the one from version 4 more), but by the time one drops, I already have a full slot and I just leave it behind.

Slot 7 - I really can't think of anything that stands out as a real stinker, although I tend to drop the devastator more often than not when I have a full slot, especially when I see a plutonium cannon.

Slot 8 - Probably the pulse cannon. I didn't use it all that much in versions 3 and 4, and by the time I see one, I already have better weapons that use the same ammo.

Slot 9 - Soul Reaver - This thing is unpredictable to the point of becoming almost useless. A close second it the prototype. The number of attack modes it a bit overkill. I typically stick to the railgun or BFG, and I almost never switch modes.

Slot 0 - I can't think of one. However, given the chioce between the two BFG weapons, I always choose the bio force gun/
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 am

Hmm never thought about it. Dont like the prototype gun because it seems kind of weak somehow and far to many modes that I dont find a particular use of.

The shotgun that has 4 rounds then you have to reload is probably the wep I hate the most. Slow and weak. Always have to reload when I dont want to.

The wep that spawns a red skull with red blobs around it sometimes seem to create loads of lag for me for some reason so I hardly ever use it. Very unpredictable as well since it never seems to attack the target I want it to either.

I almost never use the bombs in 1. I personally think most of them are slow, quick to run out and sometimes unpredictable. Then again I havent tried any of them very much except the bunny. Rocketlaunchers and similar will do the trick much faster imo.

Though I guess these opinions are very subjective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 pm

It seems the Soul Reaver confuses people. I've found it is most effective if you use its primary fire in an open area (so if you hit anyone with a fireball, he will get hit by several more as well), and use it's secondary fire in cramped areas, preferably in corners, that way enemies will get trapped there and get promptly obliterated (I cleared a room full of arachnotron class monsters in just one shot with this)

And hey, what's wrong with the Crawler? I got it on my current run in Speed of Doom and it kicks obscene amounts of ass!
Back to top Go down
Rarsonic
Demon
Demon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:
And hey, what's wrong with the Crawler? I got it on my current run in Speed of Doom and it kicks obscene amounts of ass!

Don't know, it just didn't seem as powerful to me. Maybe I'll change my opinion with richer use of it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Rarsonic wrote:
Don't know, it just didn't seem as powerful to me. Maybe I'll change my opinion with richer use of it.

Clue: It has 2 firing modes. Try the second one (the one that makes the weapon emit red smoke when you select it).

Anyway, here goes my list:

Slot 1 - Sticky Bomb: Not that it is any worse than any other weapons in here, but I prefer a nice TNT stick. Just my preference

Slot 2 - Crawl Fists: They're fast, yes, but they do very little damage. I use them only on weak enemies for fun.
Combat Knife: Again, not a bad weapon, but just give me a Katana or a Painkiller.

Slot 3 - .357: It may be accurate and may do more damage per shot than all other starting ranged weapons, but their low rate of fire kills it. At least 9mm Colts are everywhere.
9mm Colts - As I said, you will find at least a dozen in every level, so I get kinda sick of it. Not to mention it pisses me off when I find this one instead of, say, a Lightning Rod for a Shotgun.

Slot 4 - Riotgun: I spend more time reloading than shooting with this one. I only use it if I have nothing better, which isn't for too long.

Slot 5 - Minigun: To be fair, I kinda like it because it reminds me of Skulltag's Minigun. It isn't as powerful as it seems, but it isn't that bad. But since the Hyperblaster, Flamethrower or M16 are way better, poor Minigun has low priority.

Slot 6 - Mini Missile Launcher: To put it simply, the bark is way worse than the bite.

Slot 7 - Pulsegun: Again, I don't particularly dislike this one, but I'd rather save my plasma for a Bio Force Gun or something like that. The slowness of it's shots doesn't help, either.

Slot 8 - Mindblower: Although it is a cool weapon (gibs everywhere), it isn't as powerful as other weapons in this Slot. Give me a Mortar Launcher or a Deathray and we'll be talking.

Slot 9 - Railgun MK2 Prototype: Insanely powerful allright, but the time it takes to charge its secondary fire makes it very difficult to use against non stationary targets.

Slot 0 - BFG9000: Not a bad weapon at all, but any other Slot 0 weapon wipes the floor with this one.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:56 pm

1. Sticky bombs - Never use them, never cared for them.

2. Too many to list except the strogg arm saw. Mainly because I don't ever see them anymore...

3. Deagle. Seriously... Save your ammo for the sniper rifles. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

4. Bio rifles. They are not only the ugly children of the Zero Tolerance original weapons, but they are bloody useless to me. Seconded is the serpent staff.

5. ...Too many I don't like, so I'm just going to say all of them. The minigun should be flogged though for such bad damage.

6. Lightning rod/mini missile launcher. I never use them really.

7. Life leech. Not only have I not seen this weapon, but the crazed blood-drinking flare guns put this poor soul to shame.

8. Mortar launcher. I feel like I'm trying to "pew pew" with a pea shooter here.

9. Railgun prototype. Same reasons like the life leech, only compared to the sniper railgun and minus the rarity because it's more often dropped than not.

10. BFG9000/Nova. The BFG9000 is because it's slow, the beams dont deal nearly as good of damage compared to the bio force gun, and you won't ever be expecting this to attack monsters beyond 512 units away. Nova is also nominated for the fact that if you're fighting an army of airborne monsters, you're screwed.

And the winner is...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 pm

That's gotta be one of the worst reasoning for weapon dislike I've ever seen, especially because it comes from a developer. You should check the code first.

Quote :
4. Bio rifles. They are not only the ugly children of the Zero Tolerance original weapons, but they are bloody useless to me. Seconded is the serpent staff.
Just so you know, zero tolerance didnt invent the bio rifles. They come from unreal tournament, and since you haven't played that one, that explain why you look at them in such a way.

Also, Im sorry to say this in this way, but seriously, your "reviews" are pretty much useless since you play with unlimited ammo. Is exactly the same way I criticized and never accepted DavidB1000's complaints of monster balance... because he played always in god mode.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Never was expecting you to do so either. I'm just nitpicking now at personal taste. They work fine otherwise. clown
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Well, I guess my tone was a bit too harsh, but my point stands still. As long as you dont submit any "fix" based on how you feel the power of a weapon based on this kind of, well, bases, we should be fine Razz
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Heh if I really wanted to have done something like that, I woulda done it a loooooong time ago. You've got nothing to worry about. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 am

The Deagle? BAD DAMAGE? I think I've picked up a different gun, because is probably the weapon that deals more damage per shot in slot 3 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 am

DBThanatos wrote:
Since you play with unlimited ammo.

Why? Isnt there enough ammo to go around on almost any wad?

I mean you wont be able to have the same wep for an unlimited time but there will almost always be a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:24 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:
probably the weapon that deals more damage per shot in slot 3

Arent the dual flareguns in slot 3? If so they would probably do more close up. The deagle is good at range though, which is why I sometimes use it to kill small pests far away.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:
The Deagle? BAD DAMAGE? I think I've picked up a different gun, because is probably the weapon that deals more damage per shot in slot 3 Shocked

I will always prefer flare guns over the deagle.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 am

I dont. I'd rather use the mini rockets in the Mini missile launcher (because is common and works pretty well), and in slot 3 use the deagle.

I actually like a lot the mini missile launcher, because by the time I get it, i dont have any other weapon using that type of ammo, and deals a fair amount of damage (obviously not as much as a regular rocket, but still). Also, it's altfire comes handy if I dont have anything to use grenades either, and is great trapping heavy monsters.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 am

Well, true, I never use the primary fire of the flare guns, but it's one of THE best last-case scenario weapons in case if you're pinned. If you have great accuracy, you'll open up a can of whoop-ass with them on bosses than with the mini missile launcher IMO. Though admittedly, the primary is somewhat useful on larger targets that dodge around places...

I can understand it's hard to use on people like Leonard because their so small and it's hard to hit them when strafing... cursed flying strife dude with his phoenix rod, ice rod, bloodscourge, wraithverge... *grumbles*
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:09 am

Oh well, is not like I fight bosses with the missile launcher either. I mostly use it for weak monsters. While I do use sometimes the flareguns, the amount of ammo the alt fire uses immediately drives me away from it, and the primary, although cool, is not effective for my taste (although is good to hit a monster with it a couple times, then run away and wait until that guy is dead)
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, that's what I do with it as well.

I'll post two in each slot, for the hell of it. I guess you coul

Slot 0:
  • The Glyph. Sure, it has three firing modes. But the explosion really isn't that good. I'm mostly talking about the range. The damage output is okay, but honestly, the range and damage could stand to be a little bit better. I mostly use them for lobbing around corners, but the damage just isn't high enough to justify even bothering.
  • Proximity Detonators. Because I keep running into them, or fighting with a monster on top of it and I forget they're there. Nobody's fault but my own, lol. I'm just a bit of a klutz. ^^;

Slot 1:
  • Knife. Definitely the knife. Why? The primary attack is all well and good, but why use a Knife when you have a Katana. Same thing, only the Katana actually reflects things. Why do a counter-attack, when you can just keep attacking and dodging, OR reflect projectiles? I miss AEoD 4's lightsaber. You could run through a level facing enemies and just block the hell out of everything. That was great... *quietly daydreams*
  • The Painkiller. I actually really really like this weapon, and I'm not even worried about the limitations that you can't use the "line" thing. (Forgot what to call it.) It's just that you can't cancel the projectile that you fire so you can fire it again. That's what kills it for me.

Slot 2:
  • Rubin Wand / Elf Wand / Gargoyle Wand (Whatever) - Because the projectiles travel too slow. That's it. Maybe I'm just a stickler for speedy projectiles. Razz
  • The .357 - Because in AEoD 4, it was teh shyt, dawg. Now a gun with the same name is weaker. Sucks a bit, yeah. But oh well. (I'm not even ratting on it or anything. I'm just being a general name dick.)

Slot 3:
  • Pistols - Because they're everywhere. Not even a complaint.
  • SPAS Shotgun - Because I don't know what SPAS stands for. ... ... I'm only partially kidding. I love it because of its fairly quick primary fire, and complete lack of reload, (I am really impressed with that actually.) but hate it because of its average damage output and lack of an apparent alt-fire.

Slot 4:
  • The Riot Gun. Same reason as everyone else. You spend more time reloading than firing. If it fired faster, it'd be nice, and if you could reload it like in the Quake IV Shotgun (Or is that the Doom 3 Shotgun? Can't remember.)
  • Combat Assault Rifle - (The one that fires shotgun shells as quickly and instantly as the MP5, and has to be reloaded.) Mostly because I feel like each shot does less damage than a shotgun blast, and worst of all, because it doesn't auto-reload on firing when empty.
  • (Bonus 3rd one) The Disruptor - Because I feel that it does too little damage for how many shots you have to use. It's like the poor man's Plasma Rifle. It's like attacks just pass through enemies without doing much, it feels like.
    • Because of these flaws, I find that I tend to discard these guns every single time I find one, and just never get one.

Slot 5:
  • Nailgun - Because to me, nails travel slower than bullets. I also don't yet know that nails penetrate those green shields some Quake enemies have, so I don't know that this will soon be one of my favorite weapons.
  • Nailgun MK 2 - Same reason listed above. It just doesn't feel that useful to me. Odd methods of damaging enemies.

Slot 6:
  • Chicken Launcher - Because ammo is kinda hard to find. I may as well use the rocket launcher.
  • Meteorite Rod - I'm not sure why I don't like it as much as I ought to. I use it enough. I was looking at putting down the Lightning Rod as my least favorite Slot 6 weapon, but I picked this instead. Maybe because I feel it's got low damage output? Eh, probably not. Whatever. Skip this one.

Slot 7:
  • Prisma Cannon - It just feels like another Minigun to me. Not that much damage output (Not as much as you'd think would come from a Slot 7 weapon, anyway.) and an alt-fire that feels like it passes through enemies.
  • Devastator - Really small missiles. Tiny d00mp3nis.

Slot 8:
  • Ion Cannon - Not that great for large creatures. Took a while to take down a shambler.
  • Sniper Railgun - I actually really like it. I just wish it could be dual-wielded. Actually no I don't. I'm just being a whiner. Slow cooldown between shots. I mean, this ain't no sniper rifle, after all, and the trail can be traced back to you, (A no-no for snipers.) And at three shells a shot, why not. Actually that's a little bit small. I mean, it takes three shells for the CombatAssault Rifle to kill anything anyway. Razz

Slot 9:
  • Proteus Dynamo - "Aww, it only hits in a straight line? Sheesh."
  • Railgun Prototype - Yeah, I don't really charge it. I just stick to a regular railgun, or railgun sniper. Or even a regular sniper rifle!

Slot 10:
  • BFG9000 - It feels like it belongs in a Level 9 slot, ... or even a level 8 slot. Area effect damage isn't that hot, and having to recharge it is not the bees' proverbial knees.
  • The Nova Staff - It feels like a slightly overcharged Dragon's Claw or Mindblower.
Back to top Go down
Ichor
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:

• The Glyph. Sure, it has three firing modes. But the explosion really isn't that good. I'm mostly talking about the range. The damage output is okay, but honestly, the range and damage could stand to be a little bit better. I mostly use them for lobbing around corners, but the damage just isn't high enough to justify even bothering.
I like the poison the best, because it can stop most enemies in their tracks while doing damage. It's sort of a souped up flechette the cleric uses.
Quote :

Slot 5:
  • Nailgun - Because to me, nails travel slower than bullets. I also don't yet know that nails penetrate those green shields some Quake enemies have, so I don't know that this will soon be one of my favorite weapons.
Yes, the nails do penetrate the green shields
Quote :

Slot 7:
  • Prisma Cannon - It just feels like another Minigun to me. Not that much damage output (Not as much as you'd think would come from a Slot 7 weapon, anyway.) and an alt-fire that feels like it passes through enemies.
Try picking up a second one...
Back to top Go down
Quickslash
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 am

My list...

1 - ProxDetonator
2 - Flail
3 - Pistol
4 - BioRifle
5 - Minigun
6 - GrenadeLauncher
7 - Raptor
8 - HEGrenadeLauncher (I just dont like grenadelauchners in any game, sorry)
9 - RailGunPrototype
0 - BFG9000
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:09 pm

I did change my mind on the protype gun, its fairly useful when you have no other strong weapon around. It doesnt seem to take much ammo per shot either.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
I dont. I'd rather use the mini rockets in the Mini missile launcher (because is common and works pretty well), and in slot 3 use the deagle.

I actually like a lot the mini missile launcher, because by the time I get it, i dont have any other weapon using that type of ammo, and deals a fair amount of damage (obviously not as much as a regular rocket, but still). Also, it's altfire comes handy if I dont have anything to use grenades either, and is great trapping heavy monsters.
I LOVE the alt-fire of the MiniMissile launcher. I truly do. I still think that the minimissiles cause too little damage, (It's like a cork popper shooter or something. Razz ) but the minimissiles are wonderful in the concussive launcher. I love that little toy. So that's why I'm hesitant to say it's my least favorite of the launchers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your list of least-favourite weapons   Today at 4:51 am

Back to top Go down

Your list of least-favourite weapons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1