» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Weapon Wishlist.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Weapon Wishlist.   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 pm

This thread is NOT a thread to bug the Developers for weapons. It is simply a place to idly daydream, and we can comment on the absurdity or realistically feasible nature of our creations. I didn't see any rules against it, so why not.

1) Multishot Rocket Launcher: (Slot 6)
  • Primary Fire: Fires a spread of three rockets in front of you.
  • Secondary Fire: Fires a twisting spiral of rockets seeking the closest foe, and when it hits, splits into two separately seeking missiles.

2) Bouncing Bullet: (Slot 5)
  • Primary Fire: Fires a bolt of energy that bounces off of enemies and walls several times until it dissipates.
  • Secondary Fire: Fires a single larger bolt of energy that bounces off of walls an infinite amount of times until it hits an enemy, and explodes.

3) Spreadfire Plasma Cannon: (Slot 8 )
  • Primary Fire: Hold in the fire button, and an assortment of varied colored energy balls are rapidly fired from the cannon barrels in a fairly tight spray. It's an effect similar to the LifeLeech (Skull on a stick) staff, only you can control all of it, (Possible spinup/spindown.) and would fire much faster. At least eight energy balls per second.
  • Secondary Fire: Would fire a slow, spinning, multicolored orb. Wherever it hits, it will explode into at least five multicolored plasma balls, just like the ones above. Can actually be fired once every 2/3 of a second.

4) Burstfire Shotgun: (Slot 5) (8 Ammo held before a reload)
  • Primary Fire: Fires two shots in succession very rapidly.
  • Secondary Fire: Fires all remaining shots in succession.

5) Laser Sword: (Slot 1)
  • Primary Fire: Performs a random slice in the air, similar to the Katana, only a fraction slower.
  • Secondary Fire: Dashes forward, enhancing your speed for a few moments, and does a slash. The speed increase continues, at the cost of one red mana.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 am

I guess its a good start to get inspiration to a new wep or wep function.

I still want a extremely good melee only wep, a 8, 9 or 0. Razz Only because it requires a diffrent way of playing.

Like a wep with an off and on switch (1sec delay perhaps.) that turns you into a werewolf cat with changed sight, faster walkspeed, regnerate health, your hands turn into powerful claws (with good reach) and takes mana per second or something. (ofc instantly turns off when mana runs out).

Or maybe a vampiric wep that drains your health but you get a huge amount of health and a little mana each time you hit with it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Findus wrote:
I guess its a good start to get inspiration to a new wep or wep function.

This, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:
1) Multishot Rocket Launcher: (Slot 6)
  • Primary Fire: Fires a spread of three rockets in front of you.
  • Secondary Fire: Fires a twisting spiral of rockets seeking the closest foe, and when it hits, splits into two separately seeking missiles.

I was originally working on something to this extent called the clusterfuck launcher, and it uses the halo rocket launcher's graphics. However I couldn't get it to work for the life of me due to missing action functions which now exist, yet back then they didn't.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:12 am

Oh, which ones were those? I'm just starting to wrap my head around DECORATE scripts, and any tidbits of knowledge are very useful. (And greatly appreciated, from y'all awesome peeps. :-3 )

lol I really like the name "Clusterfuck" launcher, but think of the quote unquote "children." Swear words should be omitted. So let's call it the "Clustersex launcher" instead. ... ... Wow. Okay, "Clusterdoom" "Clusterdeath" "Clusterfire" "Clusterboom" "Helix Launcher"

It actually reminds me a lot of the "Drunk Missile" weapon from Rise of the Triad. ( Middle of this video )

I'd also love to see the Excalibat from Rise of the Triad in it as well, if only for its ability to knock enemies aside. Is there a DECORATE Function for that? Or is the ability to propel enemies aside innate to the game engine?
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Actually the excalibat was indeed suggested (by Cooke, IIRC), but I rejected it because it served little purpose, and had too much of a "comic" factor on it. While we do have a comic weapon around, I considered one being more than enough.

As for the drunk missile, that was Ichor's aim with the concussion RL.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Oh. o.o I thought the Concussion RL's purpose was speed. It's why I love it as much as I do. It delivers a rocket, an otherwise wonderfully explosive weapon, directly to its target with a speed rivaling an eagle in freefall. Maybe the Mortar / "Morser" launcher is what I'm thinking of, with the Drunk Missile. It does seem to fire multiple missiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Wishlist.   

Back to top Go down

Weapon Wishlist.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1