Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
V1cT
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm running AEoD 5.25 with AEoDmus.pk3 on Zdoom 2.5.0 (r2508).

The first bug I noticed when playing the New Doom Community Project megawad, that was the Gauss gun's primary fire wasn't aligned correctly, the "beam" is slightly below the actual projectile (In the picture I am strafing my aim left to right to try and get a good shot of it. The projectile itself is still perfectly aligned! It's just the beam effect), as shown here:

Spoiler:

The second is really noticeable, this one was taken WITHOUT the ndcp.wad megawad. This was stock Doom 2 with the same Zdoom and AEoD files as above.

The akimbo UT'99 Rocket Launcher sprites disappear completely when you fire them:

Spoiler:

Sadly I couldn't take a picture of the Gauss gun in stock Doom 2 because I don't know the summon class.

I hope I have been some help and that these bugs can be squashed. I'll keep an eye out for any more. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 pm

In the readme for 5.25, is specified you need at least r2600.
Back to top Go down
V1cT
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Oh, crap. My bad.

I'll look up the SVN then.

EDIT: Uh, just tested it with the latest SVN (r2761).

The Gauss gun is fine, but akimbo Rocket Launchers are still messed up. They still disappear when fired... Perhaps you should try it out? :/
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:05 pm

True. I'll repost this bug alone. I see there's a problem, and I see where, but Im not sure how to fix it atm. Still, I guess this justifies a patch Razz
Back to top Go down
V1cT
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Heheh alright, at least I got one of them right. Razz

EDIT: Weren't the akimbo Rocket Launchers set to fire two shots per trigger pull, last version?

I think setting them to fire independently may have messed something up.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, indeed. It was a change we did to have it firing one rocket instead of two per +attack (or is it "fire"? whatever) command.

In the meantime while this gets fixed, and we gather more fixes for a patch, if your computer can handle it, you can use gzdoom which doesnt display this bug. Plus, you get some nice dynamic lights and all Razz
Back to top Go down
V1cT
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 pm

I only have 768mb of RAM and a 2.0GHZ processor, so GZDoom leaks like mad with AEoD unless I run it in software, which then defeats the entire purpose of using GZDoom. :p
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am

My previous computer did the same. Have you tried disabling all the fancy stuff? like dynamic lights, texture filtering, set render to speed rather than quality? There are several settings that should help a lot on performance when disabled.
Back to top Go down
V1cT
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Yeah I've tried most of that stuff, but as long as it's in Open GL it chugs pretty bad. Not sure why exactly, if there was one setting in particular that was doing it I'd disable it.

I know that on older rigs, dynamic lights eat FPS for breakfast, though.

I mean, it only significantly impacts performance on large wads or pk3s. Probably memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25   

Back to top Go down

[Not a bug] Two bugs weapon bugs I've discovered in AEoD 5.25
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1