» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:02 pm

K no srsly... This is horse shit we're talking. Their new downloadable content is packed full of tanks, and while it's fun to fight them, to have a climatic showdown end as quickly and abruptly as the Doom 2's Icon of Sin explosion, cutting to the intermission screen is done in such a horrendous way that...

Well... Let's just say, since Valve's announcement of coming out with PS Portal, I really should've started kicking up the pessimism a little more...

Sure the Sacrifice is free on the PC, but if you're an xbox 360 owner you have to pay... what, $6-12? AKA you're fucked. Don't waste your time, because all you're doing is paying for an expansion map that leads to a stupid and meaningless sacrificial death where all you get is covered in zombies with a flash of words saying "In memory of: <player name>"

Now I'm really not looking forward to Portal 2 anymore... Seriously, I've developed better climaxes for a map 30 showdown in DOOM FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:04 pm

LOLWUT? I dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:10 pm

You don't own Left 4 dead 2, so I don't really expect you to know much if at all about it.

My main complaint is they've been doing the following:

1. Hyping a crowd up about more zombie slaughter, being able to play the original left 4 dead survivors.
2. Making the PC version of the downloadable expansion free, but on the Xbox, it costs money.
3. They release it, and many people find it retardedly dull, boring, and very anti-climatic.
4. Worst... ending... ever. Seriously, they just slap some words on the front while the camera rolls away from the person who goes down and restarts the generator.

This entire DLC just should've been free... Luckily I got nothing but PC games now-a-days.

But anyway, I was mentioning why I have been seeing my hopes in Valve's future being dashed for things like Portal 2... because of this shit, and because of the PS3 Portal announcement.

WASTE OUR TIME SOME MOAR VALVE WE DARE YA!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Ah! left for dead? I guess you omitted that little, tiny bit of information.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks for the spoiler, mate _____
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Added a bit of a warning in the title. Better late than never... i guess Razz

@Cooke: about valve sucking ass and not being able to produce anything good, I hope that statement wont actualy turn to be true, because Im still waiting for HL2Ep3. About portal2, I dont know what to expect so there we go.

The issue I think with L4D series is that as with any fashion, it's being prostituted so hard that will burn badly. To be honest, Im tired already of this fashion of zombies that seem to have popularized in the past couple years (movie after movie of zombies + game after game of zombies). So, is not big deal to me that it might be going to hell already. Sorry for the folks that have paid for it though.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Thanks for the spoiler, mate _____

I'm doing you a favor. Don't waste your time. Seriously this has also made me livid just looking at "the sacrifice" title. I still play through the regular ones because they are by far still made of epic win, but... for the poor xbox 360 bastards... Man, let's hope it's better than the PC version. Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 am

Major Cooke wrote:
I'm doing you a favor.

Well, no. Quite the opposite. I wanted to test the new campaign without any kind of prejudice or preformed idea. That's why I didn't bother to check that trollfest we know as Stem forums.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 am

To me, it's not enjoyable. I hate the new DLC. Even TF2 updates are better than this crap.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

Both have valid points.

Cooke is right in the sense that he said that this would be a rant, though, Kosta is right in the sense that no clue was given that this was going to be a whole spoiler of L4D2.

I agree with kosta about playing and trying first before even reading the smallest amount of critics about it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, I've finally tried it by myself.

And I have to say it isn't a masterpiece, but I wasn't expecting one, to be fair. It is OK for what it is, namely, half an hour of zombie slaughter fun.

But I didn't find it to be as deserving of flak as Major Cooke. Sorry mate, we're in disagreement here.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Heh. The beginning part is good, but it's like a balloon full of air that's made of joy and excitement. It drains out slowly as you progress along, and having a tank pre-set in a vault which you know you'll have to kill is not exhilarating.

That's the first where it started to fart out faster... To me, the fun in fighting a tank is suddenly discovering one around the corner and he charges right up to your ass with your guns blazing and you're yelling "OH FUCK OH FUCK KILL IT DAMNIT WHY WONT YOU DIIEEEEEEEEE!!!" Right before he winds up punching you or one of the other three around you. Razz

When there's a tank and it says "prepare to fight him" from opening the door, it of course prompts the user to find some boomer bile or a molotov, because he can't surprise you and thus you can't be "caught with your pants down" which is half the fun.

But anyway, that's just me rambling away. My opinion is my own and yours is your own, just like the fact that I fucking LOVE clowns!!! clown

If I ever met a nice female clown you'd be damn right to guess I'd go after her. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
If I ever met a nice female clown you'd be damn right to guess I'd go after her. jocolor

Like such?

Spoiler:

I had this picture in my big folder of unorganized pictures but I have no idea where I got it from or why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Heh, wow! <3

Talk about putting a spring in one's footsteps.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 pm

OK. I definitely got lost. I thought this was about zombies, and now is about cute female clowns? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Naw it was more along the lines of saying how different our opinions were.

But yes, female clowns are awesome.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Yes. Definitely different. Though, I like this kind of look... (im sure is not clownish, but hell it reminded me)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

She seems nice, it's just she looks like she's got an extremely tight corset on... ouch.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 am

Dont get me started on corsets... Twisted Evil

Also, gotta love eccentricity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]   

Back to top Go down

Valve... and my rant [L4D2 spoilers]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1