» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Released] SuperDoom3: Take II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

Who says the looks doesn't matter?

What is this?
SuperDoom3: Take II is a mod for the mod "Super Doom 3" by DOOMERO-21.
SuperDoom3: Take II (SD3TII for short) basically enhances the visual effects of the original mod. The original mod have some beautiful rips of the monsters and weapons graphics, unfortunately, the visual fx weren't (IMO) polished enough.

However, SD3TII not only focuses on visuals, but also addresses several issues I found inconvenient in the original mod, while trying to find a balance between Doom3 behavior and Classic Doom2 gameplay.
This being a "mod of the mod", is an small file; you still need to have DOOMERO-21's original mod in order to play this one.

What changed?
The list is actually quite long. However, this is a quick summary of the main changes:
-New explosion effects
-Visual effects of all monsters attacks and several weapons enhanced.
-New disintegration effects for monsters's deaths.
-New (doom3 esque) blood effects.
-Code of the monsters cleaned and optimized where possible.
-Player speed restored to Doom's regular, due to issues on maps where player speed is needed.
-Projectiles of the monsters can be now diverted or destroyed (depending the monster) by shooting at them with any weapon (following doom3's behavior).
-Improved holding sequence of the grenades and BFG to be more responsive when player releases it.
-BFG charges now at a very similar speed to Doom3's.
-Changed Flahslight and SoulCube function to pull out the last weapon used if the key is pressed again when the flashlight/cube is selected.
-Flashlight's light is cast now with hitscan rather than projectiles, to make it instantaneous.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

SuperDoom3: Take II:

How do I get it?
First, make sure you have the original Super Doom 3 mod. It was released some time ago and you can find it >>>HERE<<<

The mod "SuperDoom3: Take II" can be found >>>HERE<<<

Extra note

SD3TII, being a mod of the original mod, and requiring the original files in order to work, is still tied to all the memory allocation problems of the original, and as a matter of fact, this mod makes the game even more demanding. SD3TII was tested with a Pentium 4 (2.8Mhz), 3gb RAM (in a win7 OS) and a cheap Nvidia 8400gs (low profile) at 800x600 without performance problems. If you have better equipment, you should have no issues. If not, then you might want to tweak settings to get better performance.

Still, as in dec 24th 2010, an almost complete remake of the original files is being done, to help a bit on the allocation issues, as well as unifying TakeII with the main files. This is to clean the code and get rid of otherwise irremovable bugs. This means that it'll be a huge download, but at the end will be worth.

This overhaul and reorganization of the main files should be completed in the upcoming week, since by now is almost complete, and is just a matter of testing everything is still working as expected. So, you might be interested in coming back to get those files, and to not depend on mostly skulltag oriented files (the original mod was for ST) anymore.

Make sure to check the readme files for more information of the mod's mechanics and recommended settings.

Love, hate. Is all welcome.

-DBT

Last edited by DBThanatos on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Just an small update here

Yeah, the music talk over here got me in the mood for more cynic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Looks fun the second movie.. kinda bringing weapons and enemys od doom3 to doom2 as cloose as possible without the crepy (to dark msot of the time) level enviorment... this could be fun

Unforently I start to dislike youtube as the first video in post#1 is not avlible to watch in my country... yay -_-

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Awww. I liked the creepy darkness. Tbh I dont care much for conversions like this because the monsters in doom3 were in my opinion basically worse than doom2 monsters except in looks. Lets be honest here if you play doom2 conversions you dont care that much about looks as anything else. What made doom3 was the creepy darkness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Reilsss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 am

the darkness did not make the game creepy it made it just extremly boring dull and annying.

I-post-an-update-then-you-post-another-then-I-patch-my-update-with-your-update-then-you-upload-a-hotfix-for-your-old-update-so-I-have-to-update-my-updated-update-with-yours-while-searching-where-your-update-was-hotfixed-so-I-can-fix-again-my-update.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 am

Findus wrote:
Awww. I liked the creepy darkness. Tbh I dont care much for conversions like this because the monsters in doom3 were in my opinion basically worse than doom2 monsters except in looks. Lets be honest here if you play doom2 conversions you dont care that much about looks as anything else. What made doom3 was the creepy darkness.

For the 31st, get Amnesia: The Dark Descent and play it when it's dark out. I DARE you.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:51 am

Major Cooke wrote:
For the 31st, get Amnesia: The Dark Descent and play it when it's dark out. I DARE you.

Oh, I might. Im not scared that easily, especially about games. Also one of my friends talked about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 am

To be honest, the thing that made Doom 3 a mix of "scary" and "annoying" to me, was having to hold your flashlight in your weapon hand, and switch away from it to kill anything. (Faster than the flashlight could, I mean. Razz ) That did honestly cheese me off a bit. I downloaded a mod that taped the flashlight onto all of your weapons, and it turned the game from a horror game into ... well, Doom again.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Amnesia... No weapons. Only a lantern. Run like hell. The Gatherers are going to eat you.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:
To be honest, the thing that made Doom 3 a mix of "scary" and "annoying" to me, was having to hold your flashlight in your weapon hand, and switch away from it to kill anything. (Faster than the flashlight could, I mean. Razz ) That did honestly cheese me off a bit. I downloaded a mod that taped the flashlight onto all of your weapons, and it turned the game from a horror game into ... well, Doom again.

Agreed. Besides the fact how dumb is that in mars in I-dont-know-how-many-years-from-now with all the technology they've developed, they cant have guns with flashlight attached, is absolutely annoying having to pull it up every time you killed a monster, just so you can see where you're going.

Ok, that's what id wanted, but the issue is indeed how slow you switch from flashlight to another weapon. So damn slow that is annoying, no, pissing! That plus a completely useless shotgun (due to it's extreme spread), pretty random headshots in monsters, and monochrome repetitive level design, well... didnt work for me. I too had to use the duct-tape mod, but I went ahead and modified all I could without learning all about doom3 editing, to fit my taste. The result? A little mod that somehow feels much more fun to me than the original game. Is not perfect since there's a very small glitch in the weapon select sequence, but is minor and if that's the price I had to pay to play doom3, that's fine with me. I mean, I finished it, and Im already looking for levels to continue playing.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Really? You modded it a bit? COOL! Very Happy What did you do? ^_^
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Well, I modded it, not to be fair, but to be fun to me.

Quick list of what I can remember (never made a changelog since is a mod I never planned on releasing).
-Pistol damage greatly increased to make it less useless, and perfect accuracy. Also, flashlight.
-Shotgun was slightly weakened but much less spread happy, also you can carry 12 shells, but the reloading is one by one (vs regular doom3 that reloads two at the time).
-Machinegun stronger but smaller clip and less accurate + flashlight.
-Chaingun dramatically innacurate, but very strong, and rounds of 100 bullets, plus max capacity increased to 999 (the display cant show more) +flashlight.
-Grenades bounce much less and damage more.
-Rocket launcher can carry 10 rockets in the "clip". Damage is slightly less.
-Plasmagun and BFG: max ammo capacity increased.
-Added the "classic doom" skins found on the internet.
-Added Trent Reznor sound pack to make it less lame.
-Corpses stay a couple seconds before dissapearing (I didnt want them to dissapear, but they block doors, lifts and stuff, potentially breaking the game).
And other stuff I cant remember. All the flashlight stuff is what I found online, since that I dont know how to do.

With that, I was able to play through all doom3 twice without yelling OMGTHISGAMESUCKSOMUCH.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:37 pm

For the hell of it. The 3rd demonstration of the mod

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

And after all this time, and now I realized I forgot to update this thing over here.

Yep, the mod was released well over 2 months ago.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Released] SuperDoom3: Take II   

Back to top Go down

[Released] SuperDoom3: Take II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1