» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Link to another post

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Yeah, anyone can help me on this?

Code:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28888

It was bearable before, but now that Im on heavy editing, this is really driving me crazy.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

You have the weirdest personality when it comes to editing things... Don't take that as an insult, I just think it's so funny how you and I are opposites when it comes to editing sometimes. I know, it's a way how you like to handle things so I respect that. Wink

Spoiler:

I was going to recommend perhaps attempting Notepad++ but eh, you've already beaten me to it. Oh and let me just say this, if you think this is bad, wait until you try something like Visual C++.

I don't really know what else to give unfortunately. Neutral

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 pm

I like to handle my files in new instances because the whole tab system, while it works, is counter intuitive of what I've been working on for years. When you open the files in certain order (intentional or not) you already know how many times to alt tab to reach the file you need, and that's even between applications. But if you have the damned tabs system, you first need to alt tab to the application you need and then ctrl tab or whatever shortcut you have to select the file you need in the text editor. It's doing the selection twice. Do you really feel that's too odd of me? Windows have worked with the alt tab system forever like this, hence why Im so used to it.

I have no problems with the tab system in other stuff; is not like i hate it, but for my needs ATM, that means navigating between one too many files and windows open, this tabbed system is just too time consuming.

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:02 pm

I know what you mean, I do the alt+tab thing too. It's alt+shift+tab to go backwards, and ctrl+tab to cycle through the program's tabs.

I didn't think it was too odd for you, I thought it was too odd for my own work style.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Now, if somehow the tabbed system would work with alt tab, I'd be all OK with it. I think a couple applications did this, but cant remember ATM. The main problem I have is that if I know already how many times I have to alt tab to get to something, why force me to even change my finger position on the keyboard to reach something else? I mean, sure from alt tab to ctrl tab doesnt seem too big of a movement, but it sure still breaks the "flow" i have. I work with several things open, and I need to be switching back and forth between applications, hence why I find horribly distracting to have to change the shortcuts when I reach a certain application.

I mean, is fine if people is OK with it, but I just cant deal with it. Im too used to the whole alt tab thing, since to me, is much more practical. I learned long ago the beauty of alt tab and control exactly how many times you have to press that shortcut to cycle between what you have open, vs the linear navigation in the tabbed system.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

You mean alt+shift+tab? Well, you do kinda have a point there... I've trained myself to use the closest keys possible, i.e. thumb on alt, fourth finger on tab and if necessary, pinky on shift. It just saves me a lot of time.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 pm

No. I mean, any change from alt tab. Sure, I can one hand switch between windows back and forth with the appropiate shortcuts, but what I mean is I dont like to be swiching shortcuts at all. All I need is 4 alt tab presses to reach whatever I need even when I have several things open, why? because the whole alt tab system is based on "last used" not order on the task bar, therefore, if I used notepad, then slade, then another notepad ,then mspaint, all I have to do is press it 3 times and Im back into notepad, instead of having to press alt tab x times to get to the text editor, then press ctrl tab to swicht to the text file I need. Is not about how "complex" the shortcut is, is the fact that they're forcing me to use another shortcut when there could easily be no need.

Gez just linked me to a nice text editor Im testing, and seems to be doing what I need. Optional multiple instances, that's what all "tab" system'd program should have, instead of forcing you to work on tabs. I dont hate them, but there are cases where they are useless and troublesome to me.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link to another post   

Back to top Go down

Link to another post
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1