» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Your most hated monster.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Yeah, that's him.

If the Demilich is the grey lich, Ive met him once too. He actually killed me, but that was because I didnt know how to handle him. Not saying I knew how to handle the Lichking, but like I said, was probably my lucky day.

Round two though ended in my victory, thanks to summoned Heresiarch via the artifact.

Speaking of the artifact Heresiarch, the Lichking is the first opponent Ive used the artifact against with the Heresiarch taking a real beating. He only damaged him for like 2000 - 3000 hitpoints worth, the rest was up to me to do.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Always when I meet a partly invulnerable monster like the Lich bosses, I pull out a Scarab Staff. It uses abundant ammo, it deals great blows, it doesn't trigger pain too much (so they won't get under protection because of it), and I really don't know anything else (except slot zero planetary catastrophe generators) that could beat these guys. Proteus Dynamo is looking good until you kill yourself with its reflected charge five times in a row.
Back to top Go down
Garrus
Spectre
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

oh right now I remember the lichking I think i've only seen him once and he was stuck in a little room so I just took potshots at him lol
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Garrus wrote:
oh right now I remember the lichking I think i've only seen him once and he was stuck in a little room so I just took potshots at him lol

Lucky you. The last time I saw him was while I was testing the beta version in map 20 something of Whispers of Satan, in a huge area where a Cyberdemon and a Spider Mastermind along a bunch of Arachnotrons, Cacos and Lost souls appear.

Suffice to say that a Q4 Harvester doesn't exactly make a Lich King easier to defeat.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Just have to say that the charger in normal aeod mode is much much harder than in l4d mode, just because your not prepared for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
krokots
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 am

I played through TNT:Evilution on nightmare
I don't hate enemies, but those are hard

1) Shotgun zombie (very often i've seen "player knows that zombies use good shotguns" or something like that, after death. They really shoot fast and strong)
2) *Invisible fiend from quake* (that one is hard, twice i had to fight with it, one in "hanger" i just got past it, and second time (heck) i had to plant 15 mines around a place, after some attempts, it died)
3) *Tripod thing that shoot cyan homing projectiles* (only one in my game, and i don't know what was that, but i had to use protection and run around very fast)
4) Avatar of Anubis (do they have some protection field? I once tried to shoot that guy, used 70 rockets (with Phalanx alt. fire) and it didn't die. I somehow killed it, blocking it's attacks)
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:59 am

krokots wrote:
do they have some protection field?

Think they are immune when they grow big. One of the most irritating monsters by far since they also fire loads of homing projectiles which always somehow hit me in the back when I try to hide.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm

krokots wrote:

4) Avatar of Anubis (do they have some protection field? I once tried to shoot that guy, used 70 rockets (with Phalanx alt. fire) and it didn't die. I somehow killed it, blocking it's attacks)

They are only vulnerable when they aren't shooting. Best tactic is to hide behind something and spam homing weapons.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Colossus wrote:
Yeah, that's him.

If the Demilich is the grey lich, Ive met him once too. He actually killed me, but that was because I didnt know how to handle him. Not saying I knew how to handle the Lichking, but like I said, was probably my lucky day.

Round two though ended in my victory, thanks to summoned Heresiarch via the artifact.

Speaking of the artifact Heresiarch, the Lichking is the first opponent Ive used the artifact against with the Heresiarch taking a real beating. He only damaged him for like 2000 - 3000 hitpoints worth, the rest was up to me to do.

If you ever meet Pennywise and either the Lich King or the Demilich is around, get them to infight. Free Dark Flame Staff/Inferno Syphon for you. Just make sure you know how to beat him afterwards, else it's for nothing.

Now, dealing with the Demilich himself, remember folks. Crouching and jumping are your friends. It's how you can lure missiles into the ground quicker.

Demilich's mass Dsparil attack is pretty easy to duck under if you're at a distance. You can throw off his dark dragon attack with ducking too, or perhaps lure it into another baddie before trying to end the threat against you.

Ultimately, the best way to kill a Demilich is by using the Drakan's black melee attack. Yes, you have to get up close and personal to kill him with it, but 4-7 swings and he's a goner. It pierces his aura, so dont be afraid to pop all the damage reducers you can before charging at him. In fact, the best time to charge him is when he's about to cast a big spell, just make sure you get in, hit him lightning fast, and either finish him or run away.

Also, this gives you the chance to interrupt his spell casting with the Drakan's dark swing, potentially saving you from getting raped a freckle past a hair later.

Don't rely on ripper weapons, because they won't penetrate him, and chances are he'll just reflect them (except for the Penetrator. This weapon is true to it's namesake and will easily be the bane of him.)

Stone of Temperance and Earth Symbol work some marvelous miracles at allowing you to survive a head-on collision with a dark dragon. Not to mention, the SoT ensures the Demilich's damaging aura does no damage to you (last time I checked).

The Dark Flame Staff is also great against him, considering that he wont be reflective by the time you deal a lethal strike with the alt-fire. It can and will be reflected against you for non-rippable bosses (though it will still hurt him, thankfully), but will foil invulnerabilities.

The primary will pass through him whether he's reflective or not, but won't foil invulnerabilities. It's "safer", should we say, so taking pot shots when he's roaming will take him out fast.

-----

Lich King on the other hand, you're going to want to avoid his pain states at all cost unless you have a drakan + stone of temperance. If he's showering fireballs, that's the best time to rape him with the dark swing. It's much longer than a demilich's spell casting, and fully guaranteed that he can't hurt you with a SOT.

The penetrator is also very effective against this guy as it will stunlock him. He won't be able to change himself into his retaliation phase when you're drilling him in the gut, so have no fear over going haywire with it and using up all your ammo to kick his ass.

However, with this guy, use the dark flame staff's alt-fire mercilessly and without worry. He's, shall we say, not as "tactful" as the Demilich in terms of defense, considering he's never messed with the Darkness the way the Demilich had.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Major Cooke wrote:

Now, dealing with the Demilich himself, remember folks. Crouching and jumping are your friends. It's how you can lure missiles into the ground quicker.

Dont think Ive ever used crouch in a fight, feels.. cheap, as if zdoom wasnt meant to use crouch like that. Much like jumping in some wads ruin puzzels completely.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Sure as hell doesn't to me. Never has, never will. I don't get that "ruin" feeling as often as others seem to do, strangely enough, except if there's too many puzzles involved like in Eternal Doom 1-3 or Plutonia 2 (which I hate all four of them with a passion for, except plutonia map 30).

Now I seem to contradict that statement by a certain degree of respect towards the Happy Time Circus series which has quite a bit of puzzle solving. Well, in my defense, the way Shtbag presented all the horror elements and a completely different Hell invading (specifically, one targeting and spreading coulrophobia) was at least enough to make me seek more.

That, and the visual/aesthetic appeal of an actual earthen town which truly resembled a ghost town in a manner like Silent Hill really just sucked me in wanting more.

But I digress, if it's going to give me a headache, you can bet my sorry ass that I'll take any legitimate shortcuts Zdoom introduces that's not considered a cheat.

And no, I don't consider jumping and ducking cheating. Fuck that to China Town and back, straight to Hell.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 am

I use ducking whenever possible, though most of time I just strafe to dodge. If the projectiles are homing(Revenant missile homing, not real homing homing), then ducking is a lifesaver. Jumping... I use it to get to places where you can run/straferun into normally, but it's tricky to do so. Like in Doom 2's The Crusher, the room with the circling steps with the inescapable pool of lava in it's center.

I also use jumping in "jump puzzles" where in regularly you'd have to run from platform to platform.

On topic: Ive come to hate those large winged demons, the ones where the weaker one uses the Demonstaff and the other brown version, can't remember the names. Ill edit this post once I look up their names.

EDIT: Samyaza is the weaker...
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 am

Yeah, those demons are a pain in the ass.

-----

My #1 enemy is my very first DECORATE creation: El Oscuro. I sometimes forget how much of a royal pain in the ass he is and sometimes get curbstomped when I least expect it. Damn, I also forget how powerful his seeker stars are. :\

Luckily, there's two ways of handling him in an easier fashion.

First method: Using a fly rune and a fire based weapon, his ground flames will be harmless to you so long as you stick out of their range. Not to mention this causes huge monster wipe-outs in crowded areas, so use it to your advantage.

Second method: Ice weapons cause him to use a stream of fireballs which dont seek and can easily be dodged, though they are more powerful than their silver missile brothers.

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 am

@Colossus: Yeah, you're talking about azazel and baphomet. Direct one hit shots. Shotguns or chainguns are bad ideas.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:24 am

DBThanatos wrote:
@Colossus: Yeah, you're talking about azazel and baphomet. Direct one hit shots. Shotguns or chainguns are bad ideas.

Oh right forgot about Baphomet. Been sometime since Ive met him, but Samyaza and Azazel are somewhat common, especially in Demonesque setting.

Goddamn I hate 'em. If I see/hear em', all bets are off, Im shooting them till they die Mad
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 am

Just met El Oscuro for the first time, and to be honest, he didnt seem as bad as the impression I've had all this time. Then again, I had a cartload of pentagrams and earth symbols with me so... guess that evens it a bit.

Also, NO HAND OF GOD!!!! Mad Hurr....
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Oscuro and the Fallen Seraphs both can drop the Hand of God now, on a chance base.

I do think Oscuro could be given a slightly higher rate due to how powerful he is, but those fallen angels are also quite powerful... Not to mention, the wraithverge's alt-fire has proven to be very effective against both... moreso the angels than Oscuro, but I digress.

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

Colossus wrote:

Also, NO HAND OF GOD!!!! Mad Hurr....

Well I think the weapon is really cool, but its clearly op. One of those weps that makes the game a lot easier. Im glad its very rare and doesnt always drop now.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 am

Indeed. Linear maps which have constant sources of fighting are the perfect place to summon an Image of Oscuro, and watch them wipe out the entire map for ya. Not to mention, fighting allows them to grow stronger, where as idleness weakens them.

They're just that fucking powerful.

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 am

I get it that the HoG is a dayum powerful weapon, believe me, but as I havent met many of the ultra-strong bosses, I'd at least want to try it out. Hence the shout and angry emoticon.

On a different matter, Alien Vendetta Dark Dome with both Demilich and Lichking at the very start... Fun times, they were. Cool
Back to top Go down
DarkBlade
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Anything that resembles a suicide runner is my most hated enemy, & my top priority as to who I kill first.

For anyone who's asking, a suicide runner is someone who gets into your face & explodes, either through contact or by gunfire. THough I would believe that most of you would know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 pm

There's only a few in V6, the coolies from Shadow Warrior, the Demoman's suicidal Ullapool Nuclear Charge... and I think thats it.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 am

Major Cooke wrote:
There's only a few in V6, the coolies from Shadow Warrior, the Demoman's suicidal Ullapool Nuclear Charge... and I think thats it.

You forget Duke Nukem's kamikaze drones.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:

I guess the phoenix is a suicider as well, easily one of the most deadly monsters ingame. And it comes back for several tries.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Findus wrote:
Mr.Kosta wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:

I guess the phoenix is a suicider as well, easily one of the most deadly monsters ingame. And it comes back for several tries.

At least its kamikaze damage was nerfed. In v5, the kamikaze was almost always instant death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Today at 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Your most hated monster.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next