» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Your most hated monster.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 am

Colossus wrote:
In v5, the kamikaze was almost always instant death.

Yeah, heh. Good times. I rememeber the first time I fought one, was at armadosia I think on a special part in a map where there was a long corridor and no way to escape it. Was one of those few times I really raged at the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DarkBlade
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Yes, I've met a few of those phoenixes while I was running through TNT/Evilution, & boy does that thing hit like an ICBM! Also, Suicide runner w/ reanimation ability + the fact that it can't be gibbed or freezed in any way possible = a monster with a troll face.

Yet, I somehow found a way to use that to my advantage. If I find one of those with a group of other enemies, I try to get the phoenix hit by another monster to divert its attention, find some cover, & all of a sudden, most, if not all, of the enemies have been vaporized.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 am

DarkBlade wrote:
Yet, I somehow found a way to use that to my advantage. If I find one of those with a group of other enemies, I try to get the phoenix hit by another monster to divert its attention, find some cover, & all of a sudden, most, if not all, of the enemies have been vaporized.

Whenever I try to get the Phoenix to kamikaze someone else it just rams them to death, without exploding. Guess Im unlucky with the bird's victims' healths. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 am

The best way to deal with a phoenix is to use the morph spell on it. Easy and humilliating for our fiery friend.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:
The best way to deal with a phoenix is to use the morph spell on it. Easy and humilliating for our fiery friend.

Shocked Well... goddamn it.
Back to top Go down
DarkBlade
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Mr.Kosta wrote:

Keep in mind, that with the mod's randomizer mechanic, one might not be able to have that spell on him upon facing a phoenix. My idea can be used for those who don't have that spell.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm

DarkBlade wrote:
Mr.Kosta wrote:

Keep in mind, that with the mod's randomizer mechanic, one might not be able to have that spell on him upon facing a phoenix. My idea can be used for those who don't have that spell.

I know, I just said it was the easiest way, not the most readily available.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am

I hate Black Bears so much. Little bastards are just... there's no word how annoying they are.

They're the only reason I usually avoid Joke mode.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Ah, yes. Twisted Evil Shtbag really was clever with those little fuckers. The good thing about them is, once they blow up, they're done for.

Also, stone of temperance prevents them from doing ANY damage to you whatsoever, so bear that in mind.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Colossus wrote:
I hate Black Bears so much. Little bastards are just... there's no word how annoying they are.

They're the only reason I usually avoid Joke mode.

Heh, I'm playing that mode in Nightmare difficulty right now. I can feel your pain.

Explosive or fully automatic weapons help a lot against those fuckers.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 pm

ASMD Shock Rifle works wonders as well. As does Crystal Gun's alt-fire to some extent. Unfortunately former's rare-ish and latter's too much of a chance to get to be reliable; Need some luck with ya.

Seriously, I think Cooke made Black Bears just to piss people off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 pm

No, actually, as stated above, those were by Shtbag. He made the Happy Time Circus 2 modification, I just went on a revamping spree. Now, DBThanatos and myself DID think it was funny that they spawn in packs. No closet safety for you!

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Oh damn am I blind or what, I completely missed your earlier post. Sorry about my lack of eyesight. Embarassed

Also, I see what you did there... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
BradmanX
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

The bears are annoying, especially in UV, Joke Mode is worth playing, if only to see the Spycrab enemy.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm

You're missing out on Pennywise, Brad.

Back to top Go down
BradmanX
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Yea, but idk why, but for some reason Joke Mode lags more than any of the other modes do, and sometime normal modes do, like if I'm using a splash damaging weapon like the Bio Force Gun or the ASMD Shock Rifle, I think it's probably me running youtube running in the bg, because flash is a goddamn processor hog.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 am

Yeah. Close down any internet browsers while playing, and dont forget to check out my alternative version of AEoD's source package.

Back to top Go down
BradmanX
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 am

I checked out the alternate source package, I noticed an improvement, I haven't experienced any lag-spikes like I was before, but then again I haven't been running youtube either.
Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 am

Despite your proudness and hype about Pennywise, Cooke, I dont really see him as a strong adversary whenever Ive met him.

The immense damage reduction and the fact he spawns minions whenever he 'teleports' dont really make him a force to be reckoned with imo. Maybe juice him up for the next update? Or have I just carried enough firepower to make him trivial...

Or are there two different Pennywises, one for Spider Demon class and one for Cyberdemon class? Cause then it would explain it, as Ive only met the Spider demon class.

On topic, Ive actually come to... let's say dislike, the Demoman. Not because of it's nuclear charge, that's easy-ish to avoid, but because of his HE nades and their launch speed. Bloody waste of a good Scotch lobs them like it's the freaking New Year's.
Back to top Go down
BradmanX
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm

My most hated monsters out of the ones I've faced in v6 have to be, the Tank, the Combine Gunship, and the Zombine, mainly when in large group like in the level Arachnophobia from Hell Revealed when playing it in Half Life 2 Mode, and then of course the Black Bears from Joke Mode, mainly for their numbers.
Back to top Go down
FistMarine
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 am

Sorry for the bump but I want to express my own hated monsters:

Zombies - They aren't a big threat but can be annoying sometimes with their resurrecting ability.

Hexen 2 Golden Archer - Sometimes his red arrows can do an amazing amount of damage.

Axe-Throwing Minotaur - IMO he does way too much damage, I mean he can do between 100 and 200 hit points if aimed well. The Sabreclaw from Heretic that was given ability to throw axes, does low damage. Granted, he only throws one, while the Minotaur throws two but the former doesn't do more than 25-50 damage, while the latter does more than 100 damage. I may be wrong on this one.

Phoenix - I don't think I need to explain this one.

Moloch - His attacks can kill you almost instantly. The projectiles can be easily avoided in open space but his fire attack is deadly if you don't start moving when he does the attack.

Combine Gunship - Moves very fast and can kill you pretty quickly.

WeathOS - I can't figure out when he is invulnerable but other than that, I can avoid his projectiles easily.

Nihilanth - Every time I encounter him, I die at least once, even with heavy weapons and powerups.

Death Bringer Thanatos - Although I only met him once when I played with V5.29.1 in The Darkening 2 in last level, I couldn't beat him. Thankfully he is very rare.

So, in the end, my most hated monsters are DBT and Nihilanth. Other monsters not mentioned here can be also annoying but rarely. Razz
Back to top Go down
Garrus
Spectre
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am

Moloch,I still hate Seraphs,that floating final boss from Half-Life 1 idr its name only vulnerable when he does a certain thing so its all LOLRNG. Phoenixes can eat all the biggest blackest schlongs in the world literally just get impaled by Mandingo or something seriously just...fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most hated monster.   Today at 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Your most hated monster.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4