View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 pm

http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

For those who don't have it, do yourself a favor and grab yourself a copy. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, DBT!

Funny thing is, if you want to get to a premium account you can easily purchase the cheapest item you want in the mann co store.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 am

Now all they have to do is release meet the pyro and some more spyitems /pyroitems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 am

On the bright side, I will be able to play it. In the dark side, it will take quite a few days to download.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 am

DBThanatos wrote:
it will take quite a few days to download.

You sure you can play such fps games with such bad connection and still enjoy it?
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 am

Game enjoyability doesnt depend on connection speed. Downloading does. Playing doesnt. Even a multiplayer based game doesnt need that much connection speed thanks to optimization. Ask Major Cooke and how we both beat Portal2 multiplayer campaign, even with the voice chat active all the time (in my side), and yet, I dont think there was more than a couple cases of serious lag.

So, Im hoping this will be something similar. The keyword here is "hoping". Razz

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 am

The game connection to the mann co. market and the crafting server is unstable as fuck to be blunt as of today though. Just like the first day of every other major patch.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 am

@Findus: That's because they're being swarmed with thousands of new guys coming in. I'm thinking they upgraded their hardware, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

@DBThanatos: Damn right. And even if you have such shitty performance when it comes to online, as I told you, you can easily set up an offline server with some pretty smart bots. Just create a server (not through training, otherwise you wont get item drops) and type in tf_bot_quota 21, which will add 10 bots to your team, and 11 bots to the opposite team.

See this page here: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Bot

NOTE: If you perform the nav_generate command for unsupported maps, remember you can disable sv_cheats and reboot the map once more to continue playing. Simple disconnect the server and rehost.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 am

Between last night and today, it downloaded in theory 40%. So, then a couple days and I'll be set Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Why do they always release huge updates when I'm doing my finals? Damn you, Valve!

When I finish my exams, I'm gonna do a newbie slaughter of biblical proportions, I swear!
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 am

Even if you havent played the game at all the "meet the x" films they make as commercials are extremely funny and well worth to be watched atleast once. The new meet the medic is not an exception. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Findus wrote:
Even if you havent played the game at all the "meet the x" films they make as commercials are extremely funny and well worth to be watched atleast once. The new meet the medic is not an exception. lol!

Archimedes?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:44 am

Allright, i just tried it. It must be that im not that good of a player, but I still dont get the love for it. I might, in the future, but I dont see myself investing that much time on the game just yet.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:45 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:

Archimedes?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps a reference to the sword in the stone?

Dunno archimedes was an old "medic" from ancient times so perhaps not.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 am

DBThanatos wrote:
Allright, i just tried it. It must be that im not that good of a player, but I still dont get the love for it. I might, in the future, but I dont see myself investing that much time on the game just yet.

It takes some time to get used to. I had difficulty getting myself absorbed in it at first, but when I learned of additional item drops it really started pulling me in.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:12 pm

DBThanatos wrote:

Protip: The game is way, way, exponentially funnier if you play with friends. It lends itself to all kinds of jokes (often related with the pathetic and gruesome death of one of us)
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Heh, I guess you are right. I will eventually do that, once I get more familiar with the classes and their actual use (yes, I have been trying the tutorials). I just dont like jumping to MP knowing nothing.

(does anyone knows what are the others free to play games of steam? I mean, the ones that were announced for this past week?)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Global Agenda. I'm currently downloading it. It's a really heavily Starsiege Tribes influenced game and man I tell you, I LOVED Tribes.

The makers of Global Agenda are also coming out with Tribes: Ascend, and I'm really fucking pumped for it!

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

And I ended uninstalling it. I found it using 8gb of space for a game I didnt touch for days and days, and I honestly didnt find it that appealing, since I couldnt help but to feel the weapons really weak. Meh, a matter of taste I guess. If I get a bigger HD, I might download it again, but for now, I can live without it.

Now, it just got to my mind: since I bought the valve pack, it means that my TF2 stuff is now a premium or whatever is called? Technically I did pay for it Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
v.V.v
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: re:Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 am

i guess its cool that the team fortress is free to play! but why?
i guess that the company has gave up on team fortress 2 because almost no one buy the cool game

well thats what i say
lolz lol!
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 am

v.V.v wrote:
i guess that the company has gave up on team fortress 2 because almost no one buy the cool game

well thats what i say
lolz lol!

HANG THE BLASPHEMER! Evil or Very Mad

Very well. I get to kill you in my cool hat and shades.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 am

v.V.v wrote:

well thats what i say
lolz lol!

Ehhh dude, you know that tf2 is (was, since it's now free) one of Steam's top sellers, right?
Back to top Go down
v.V.v
Zombieman
Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 am

yeah but why? Mad
tf2 is something more than just a shitty game no?
ofcorse its an awesome game and steam having money by doing it but it have to be with some more cost no?
i mean if they giving tf2 fore free then why cant they give black ops fore free
scratch
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 am

v.V.v wrote:
yeah but why? Mad
tf2 is something more than just a shitty game no?
ofcorse its an awesome game and steam having money by doing it but it have to be with some more cost no?
i mean if they giving tf2 fore free then why cant they give black ops fore free
scratch

HAVE SOME TACT, MAN!

Seriously, the drops and all that are fucking epic! You've gotta have dedication to be able to enjoy it. All the different kinds of weaponry, such as the new Righteous Bison and Cow Mangler 5000... Those things make my soldier a PIMP! They are so fucking sexy you don't even know it!

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm

I still haven't found/crafted those. Unfortunately I cannot play as much as I'd like. Social life and/or girlfriend and stuff xD

At least I got the Eternal Rewars (finally!), and I'm way better with it than with the standard knife.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

I've got a spare battalion's backup you can have. All it needs is a refined metal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!   

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2 - FREE TO PLAY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next