Share | 

[WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:50 am

New video! Please watch it on my youtube channel, the rendering didn't come out right... Neutral

WARNING! BRIGHT LIGHT FLASHINGS!

Downloads
Spoiler:

V4 Pre-Release 2 Changelog
Spoiler:

V4 Pre-Release 1 Changelog
Spoiler:

Old Post
Spoiler:

There's so much more to come. However, I cannot give a release date as of yet, but I will say that you will need to have the latest (G)Zdoom revision available on the DRD Team's website.

Stay tuned.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.

Last edited by Major Cooke on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:55 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Looks very cool. :] I don't suppose there's a playable previous release floating around anywhere on the interwebs?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 pm

There is actually. I think it's in the general area. Search for Happy time circus here on the forums.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTiger
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Okay, I'll fix that...

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:49 am

As I mentioned in the now-locked thread, I'm going to release a V4 candidate instead of that crap-top pile of a V3.

It'll be released sometime either today or tomorrow. Bear with me now, I have to make sure it's all put together and that everything works, no loose ends such as <removed due to spoilers>.

Rest assured, just give me a bit of time and you'll be quite satisfied with the results you see. I'm quite positive you will be. Wink

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 am

So is the Hell Bunny an all-new form for Fluffy, or is it just the same model except with even higher stats?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:05 am

Fluffy's Shadow is basically the same as Fluffy, but more forgiving and acts as an alternative method to getting the red key... that is to say if you manage to acquire a powerful weapon that can kill him with relatively few shots.

And trust me, Fluffy has a 1000000 health. His shadow is far lower, but still, you don't want to go messing with him if you don't have the appropriate weaponry. Just play live and let live with him, and he'll attack anyone who attacks him without attacking you. Great meat shield.

Keep in mind though that he'll only attack if he's pained twice, to which he'll deliver a stern warning in the form of a bite or shot via skull, then he'll hold still. If attacked again, he'll go all out and attempt to kill whoever disturbed him.

He is quick to retaliate, meaning whoever hits him will become his target.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Okay, so I just beat Pennywise (as well as the Hell Bunny). I have to admit, the entire battle was even more epic than before. And the everything freezing for a moment upon Pennywise's death is a nice touch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 am

As you are my bug tester, I'm glad to see you finally report your expedition into the voids of Clown Hell and back. I will finish cleaning up all that is left to do and release V4.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Also another bug to report, but it's just a minor one.

According to the console upon finishing the level, the "victory" music doesn't play.
Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:43 am

Okay, I've replayed the whole thing and I've noticed three major bugs now.

1.) I dunno if this is from the AEoD side or the HTC2 side, but say I drop a weapon via the "puke 800" command, like certain weapons dropped from monsters and/or ANY weapon in the 0 slot. When I pick up said weapon again, the game considers that as "cheating" and does the whole "Easy life is pink" thing.

2.) Some weapons do not get "thrown" when I use the "puke 800" command, and so the only thing I had to obtain the weapon again is through the summon console command.

3.) This seems to happen about 50% of the time, but when I load a saved game, it won't open. The message displayed said something about the save being loaded with a "Different ACS module", even if I didn't use any other mod prior.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:55 am

I'm aware of some music missing.

The whole drop weapon thing, though, I am unable to reproduce adequately. Do me a favor, try playing with the weapon slot limits turned off in the mean time though while I investigate.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:57 am

Any weapons in particular that you tried to drop and caused the trigger? Names would be helpful.

Also, again, load HTC2 AFTER AEoD.

Never load anything before AEoD. It is the king, it must go first.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 am

Okay, I've found that the QSG is capable of causing a malfunction in the script due to it dropping the wrong version. I've fixed that, but I still need to confirm from you first if there's anything else or if it happens with all weapons.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 am

Here's a list of the affected weapons so far.

Here's the list so far.

Slot 3:
-Mephisto Shotgun
-Desert Eagle

Slot 6:
-War Axe

Slot 7:
-Vulcan Cannon

Slot 8:
-D'sparil's Staff
-Napalm Launcher
-Mystic Tome of Set

Slot 9:
-Tempest Staff
-Gluon Gun

Slot 0:
-Hand of God
-Redeemer
-Dark Matter Gun
-And most likely the Hell & Heaven Hand if I got it
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 am

The Hell and Heaven Hand will never drop in HTC2.

I need you to tell me your load order, and tell me what it is that you are doing. Are you cheating at all by chance? Be honest so I can tell you why it's triggering.

Last edited by Major Cooke on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am

I really don't use the CLI much, so I use the drag-and-drop method 99% of the time. And I think I just found the solution - after highlighting the necessary files, all I did was click on AEoDdat and then drag all of them onto ZDoom. The saved game loaded after that. I tried doing the same with HappyTimeCircus2.pk3 but the game failed to load.

As for cheating, I use god mode at times if I wanna use the heavier weaponry (and/or use the summonfriend command to send out monsters to fight for me) without accidentally killing myself. I also use the summon command to use certain weapons like the Jack Bomb and the Volcano Cannon, because I knew that summoning weapons like the Redeemer and the Hand of God via console would trigger the "pink event".
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

I recommend not summoning any weapons at all.

The safest way to start up (G)Zdoom properly would be to make a .bat file or use the zdoom-####.ini autoload method.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:36 pm

But summoning friendly monsters is still okay, right? At least I can still get certain weapons when they accidentally kill themselves. ^^;

The safest way to start up (G)Zdoom properly would be to make a .bat file or use the zdoom-####.ini autoload method.

Okay. Any steps on how I should do that?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 am

Summoning monsters is alright. There are instructions within the .INI file on how to load them up. It's pretty straight forward actually.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 am

What's the name of the .INI file?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am

It should be "Zdoom-<name>.ini" which <name> will be the name of your computer/profile if on Vista/7. Not sure about XP.

Back to top Go down
Kay7
Explosiv Barrel
Explosiv Barrel

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 am

Okay, I just found the file. After some experimenting I managed to edit this part. This is just an example of the order of files I have in the file.

[Doom2.Autoload]
Path=****\AEoD.pk3
Path=****\AEoDdat.pk3
Path=****\HappyTimeCircus2.pk3

Is this alright?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

Yep.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   

Back to top Go down

[WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next