» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Some minor glitches/side notes:

- I believe that entering the Clown DIS while having a powerup activated will make said powerup to never end. I can't really confirm that, but I entered that map with Flight Rune activated, and it wasn't deactivated during the whole battle against Pennywise.
- The rabbits from the petting zoo aren't able to damage the player at all.
- Single time happening: Fluffy simply disappeared while I was luring him to the Clown Portal. I couldn't get that to repeat.
- You can get a second Clown Forge after defeating Fluffy before entering the IT Pit.

And not wanting to be a total douchebag, how is the next version going? Can't wait to see the new gameplay improvements.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Ribo Zurai wrote:
Some minor glitches/side notes:

- I believe that entering the Clown DIS while having a powerup activated will make said powerup to never end. I can't really confirm that, but I entered that map with Flight Rune activated, and it wasn't deactivated during the whole battle against Pennywise.
- The rabbits from the petting zoo aren't able to damage the player at all.
- Single time happening: Fluffy simply disappeared while I was luring him to the Clown Portal. I couldn't get that to repeat.
- You can get a second Clown Forge after defeating Fluffy before entering the IT Pit.

And not wanting to be a total douchebag, how is the next version going? Can't wait to see the new gameplay improvements.

• If you're talking about things like the Deadlights, I'm aware of them. They've already been fixed. Flight rune, on the other hand, is actually supposed to last forever in Clown DIS. Why? Because it's Clown DIS. You're in Hell, much like you get unlimited stamina in doom 3 while in Hell. Only difference is that you're in clown Hell, a much deeper and darker twist against humanity's one-of-a-kind entertainment gone pure evil.
  • Rabbits: Fixed.
  • Did you double check to ensure he didn't fall into the bars? Either that, or you may have loaded the original HTC2.
  • That's normal.

I apologize for the delay, spring break consisted of me going skiing at my family's forced will. No, you don't sound like a douche, trust me. Razz

College has been a bit hectic, but over the past few days I've been working hard at rebalancing everything. There's also a new GZdoom custom build coming out that'll come with it, keeping everything up to date.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Hey Major, can you do a little favor? You mind reuploading the GZDoom engine needed to run the mod? Looks like mine was consumed by the depths of Hell and it can't be recovered unless you put the link back on.

in other words I accidentally replaced it with another one to play ZBlood
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

sendspace.com/file/72jeji

It's upgraded some more too.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 pm

You should be able to run Zblood with my version. If not, I'll upgrade it even more and then reupload it again.

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Spoiler:

You sir is awesomeness. Thank you very much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Heheheh, okay. Not a problem. Razz

Again, try it out with zblood and tell me if it works or not immediately.

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Tested and it works like a charm! Nice job.

Also, another glitch. I believe that the "whispering" popcorn on the ground can be targeted by your homing projectiles, like the Inferno Syphon.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 am

Can't give them the +CANTSEEK flag because currently it fucks up the seeking abilities completely. Just use something like a BFG with a laser to kill them off for the moment.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Novelty surprise!

Good news: Now includes Happy Time Circus 1. Play through the original clown parade at the beginning of the Clown Void's spreading like a disease... witness a new backstory about how it came about.

"The Story":

Note, this will most likely come after the second prerelease version, and for the final of V4, which will be renamed to the Happy Time Circus Chronicles.

Further down the road is HTC 2.5/3 planned, where it will ultimately end. Bear in mind, this will not come for a LONG time. However... it has been started. Much is to be done with it though.

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Sounds awesome. The waiting for the epicness shall begin.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Yeah. But again, the changelog I mentioned before that post is going to come first before HTC1 does. Just keep that in mind. But worry not, for your nightmare killing sprees may still continue!

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:28 am

Tremble and behold...

"The blackhole effect!":

Fluffy's Shadow now has a chance to simply banish any projectiles you fire at him. What does this mean?

Some shots, when they approach the Shadow, will enter a mystical warp field surrounding it, sending them into a different dimension onto the ethereal plane... AKA destroys them entirely.

How will this affect fighting him?

It simply means that there's now a heavier emphasis on using hitscan weapons above projectiles... Time to do a little bit of tricky thinking!

All hitscan weapons used against him are not only impervious to this effect but do double damage against the shadow.

EDIT: Yes, that means that there's the potential for Fluffy's Shadow to swallow the ignition flames from the bone duster. Don't complain, because he takes extra damage from normal bullet weaponry.

Stay tuned for more. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Damn, that's one hell of tease man. Shocked Can't wait for more.

wait buddha mode wtf

Oh, now that I'm here. Glitch time again. Looks like that since you gave this last updated engine, the Clown Forge has a little bug. Everytime you enter/leave a menu, the time freeze stops for a second. That's brutal during the Pennywise battle.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:55 pm

That was not my doing, that was Randy's doing to the Zdoom engine. Blame him for it.

I suggest getting a pentagram and spawning a few soul/megasphere objects around and have them handy when you want to start building up more deadlights.

Pentagrams cost 666 souls, which if you're fighting Pennywise, can be a little tricky to come upon. Or, if you're trying to abuse him to get him to spawn the big Fluffy, he randomly spawns pentagrams that you can pick up and use. Do not be afraid to use them whenever possible (suggestion: up close, or far away to counter his dark matter/bloodscourge shots. Try to time it right before impact to ensure maximum time.)

As for that mode, look it up on the official zdoom place for more info about it.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Wed May 23, 2012 7:33 am

Alright, I'm prereleasing 1.5 tomorrow. I think I've been lazy/busy enough to warrant an update sometime during these few months...

I should have an upload here in a little while, have to deal with a few things first. Unfortunately all the promised additions are not entirely finished yet. Those will come in the next version.

Good news is, you no longer require a special compiled GZdoom build.

• Fluffy does not have thorns effect anymore.
  • Fluffy's Shadow can now randomly remove projectiles. However, to balance this out, he now takes twice as much damage from projectiles, and three times as much damage from holy weaponry.
  • Reduced Fluffy's Shadow's health to 100,000, down from 300,000. Increased amount of skulls launched during attacks.
  • Big Berthas health reduced, but they have a new attack now, and are capable of chomping on you. Avoid the chomp if at all possible, as they can eat you in a good 2-5 bites.
  • WIP: Reworking the first clown key area has started. Don't be surprised to see the area completely replaced after falling down the void shaft. However, you need a flight rune (and will be given one if you don't have one) to be able to leave it, so make sure you save one. There will be stairs in the next pre-release after a tournament fight, so for now, just stick with a flight rune, or use the "Fly" cheat.
  • Fixed a couple of areas not having proper block-off settings, resulting in the Director spawning zombies in the tree areas around the cottage.
  • Reduced the damage of Pennywise's deadlight blast stream, but it is now capable of being aimed at you vertically. Keep moving to avoid the blast.
  • Minifluffy now does melee damage again. Also fixed where upon entering their pain state while still scaling from catching sight of the player, they would look warped forever until they die.
  • Added a new (but experimental) "heroic shield" to Pennywise. If you've played Median XL, you'll know what this does. If not, see below for more information.
  • Removed all weapon drops from monsters, but added a few more weapon placements to the map in the beginning areas. Added heart drops to monsters, and more powerslave orbs.
  • Got rid of a lot of warning messages, there's still some to go, but for the most part aught to be a lot kinder on the game.

*-Heroic shields from Median XL are boss immunity shields that happen to occasionally drop a resistance or more to certain damagetypes at random intervals. Most of the time, they'll stay up, but on occasion it will fail, allowing you to hurt him them one or more damagetypes. This allows for you to hurt him while idling as well, though he can only enter his pain state when attacking. Don't worry, there's going to be a heads-up indicator showing when it'll drop. It may or may not be permanent, again, just an experiment to see how others like it.

The immunity drops last for anywhere between 1-3 seconds, so get in as much damage as possible.

If you don't like it, simply type "pukename PennywiseFightSwitch" in the console to revert him to being 100% damageable during the original attack phase. You can enter it again to switch back.

Last edited by Major Cooke on Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Releasing it tomorrow instead of today. I had a busy day today which sucked out all my free time unfortunately...)
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 pm

...I sincerely suck at making and keeping deadlines. That's something even DBThanatos can attest to. Sad

...on the bright side, thanks to my little antics of spelunking over here, I'm going to switch the compression to .7z to make your game run faster.

Two college courses at once is not fun. But I'm still workin away at it.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 am

Okay. I've got some good news, I'm uploading an update, pre-release 2.

In addition to the above changelog, there's been a few extras added in which, Ribo Zurai, I think you might even enjoy in particular:

• Changed the cloud spawner functionality. It's now at least 50% more efficient and less laggy.
  • Removed the eight (EIGHT!!!) lightning spawners in exchange for one, which would explain why I had so many lightning bolts spawning in the sky.
  • Lightning capped to once per second at maximum.
  • Dramatically reduced the amount of lightning spawned.

The "heroic shield" is actually not going to make it in quite yet into this update.

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:15 am

Quote :
In addition to the above changelog, there's been a few extras added in which, Ribo Zurai, I think you might even enjoy in particular:

Changed the cloud spawner functionality. It's now at least 50% more efficient and less laggy.
Removed the eight (EIGHT!!!) lightning spawners in exchange for one, which would explain why I had so many lightning bolts spawning in the sky.
Lightning capped to once per second at maximum.
Dramatically reduced the amount of lightning spawned.

Errr... Thanks? Laughing

I mean, not sure how I should feel, for there might be people who liked those effects. They might not like that. You didn't have to change just for me.

specially now that I just bought a new computer
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Actually, all it was, was optimization. It's still the same, just a ton less FPS loss.

Back to top Go down
Ribo Zurai
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Actually, all it was, was optimization. It's still the same, just a ton less FPS loss.

Oh, my bad. That's good.

*hides in eternal shame*

When will be the mod avaible for download?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Code:
sendspace.com/file/xwmv4o

I'll update the first post too.

And, you no longer require a custom GZdoom revision. Just use the latest official SVN.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 am

Hotfix patch coming up here today.

• Fixed a sudden crash caused by the introduction of random state tic durations
  • Reintroduced some of the old HTC2 effects that were disabled (not all of them, but some)

Back to top Go down
mattbratt11
Gibs and Guts
Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

I tried to download the links on the first post, but it says the files are not available.
Could you please repost a download link via mediafire?
It would be very helpful. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Yes. In fact I'll do it right now.

Contains the latest fixes too.

50 megabyte download, so give it a few minutes and I'll place a new post, bumping this thread to signify it's ready.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2   Today at 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down

[WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next