» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

"Massacre"-related feature suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Adding "Death.Massacre" state that animates like XDeath but doesn't spawn any blood and gibs might prevent game from getting 0.01 FPS (that's right, about two minutes per frame) when you type "kill monsters" in console.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Not going to happen. We have God knows how many monsters, and running through all of them just to add a feature for cheating does not sit well for us at all.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 am

This is not about cheating AEoD (that, as I've seen numerous times, you hate with passion don't approve), this is about generally cheating, as you can with iddqd/idkfa and the like.

If it is for the hassle of implementing it that you don't like it, I can do it for you with help of some automation.

Edit:
Speaking of impressive coding---weren't all these custom damagetypes for spells, and even generally types of enemies with vulnerabilities and resistances, much greater work?
And "Death.Massacre" is an automation-friendly addition.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Automation. That's the keyword here. I completely disapprove automation of anything mod-related. The reason behind this, is that even when an "small" change like this seems to be simple, and one can think "is just adding an state, how could that affect anything", due to so many different coding "techniques" that were used through the mod (i.e. weird codings and hackish methods for many things), adding something like that is more of a risk than a benefit.

What if you put it in between states that are sequential for a reason, where no "Goto" was used? Seems like a long shot, true, but that's again a possibility, and all that for a cheat? I am not taking any chances.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 am

DBThanatos wrote:
What if you put it in between states that are sequential for a reason, where no "Goto" was used?
Exactly this can be avoided by putting new state to the very end of States {} block. The last state is guaranteed to have some flow control, at least with A_Jump(256, ...) if not with Stop or Goto. (Because otherwise it would give off unpleasant messages to console, and this is not observed in game.)

However, I see your point here. I don't really feel like this addition is absolutely a must myself; I rather think of it as of a nice feature which is far from being priority, but could be added if nobody is against it. (Which, as it seems to me, unfortunately, is not the case.)
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 am

Have you considered this will also add completely unnecessary code bloat to projectiles and other things as well, which clearly don't need it? There's more projectiles and effects than monsters, you know.

Having said that, let me tell you a short story about me and Mr. Automata recently that cause quite a wall between me and DBThanatos to rise up.

Spoiler:

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Massacre"-related feature suggestion   Today at 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down

"Massacre"-related feature suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1